Shahadah

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_SisterAfiya_*

Guest_SisterAfiya_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 14 July 2004 - 05:42 PM

How do I go about retaking the Shahadah? Do I need to do it in Arabic? How do I learn it? I was also thinking about changing my name after I retake the Shahadah to Nisa Amatullah

#2 *Beauty*of*Islam*

*Beauty*of*Islam*

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 July 2004 - 05:46 PM

Asalamu Aleykum,

:oops: I don't exactly get what you mean by re-taking taking shahada... :idea:

#3 Guest_SisterAfiya_*

Guest_SisterAfiya_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 July 2004 - 05:51 PM

Well how do I take Shahadah?

#4 *Beauty*of*Islam*

*Beauty*of*Islam*

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 July 2004 - 06:06 PM

:oops: Silly me! I read your first post and I niw understand :arrow:

So you took your Shahadah once, but since it was to the NOI, you must take it again... for Islam.

First/ Sister, I am sooooooooooo proud of you for correcting your old ways and seeking Allah. MahAllah, SUbHanallah, Alhamudliilah. It must have taken a lot will to turn from the N O I, and seek the true truth. May Allah continue to guide you, and everyone who has gone astray.

And I think an older and wiser sister should answer your ?, not me :wink:

#5 Guest_SisterAfiya_*

Guest_SisterAfiya_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 July 2004 - 06:16 PM

I was a lost soul. I already had love for Allah and Islam, but I met a brother named Sabir and upon meeting him, Al-Islam was introduced, and alot of the things I wanted to question about the N.O.I., but I couldn't do it because I was so heavily involved, but after being free from the NOI for so long, i deviated from it. But I listened to some lectures I forgot from who but it redeemed to me so much.

#6 umm_mohammed

umm_mohammed

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 July 2004 - 09:57 PM

Assalmualikum,

mashallah sister afiya this is great news that you are reverting back to the straight path.
Here is the link which is on this part of the forum, that has the shahadah and what to do therafter, for the new revert.

http://sisters.islamway.com/modules.php?na...iewtopic&t=1352

May Allah continue to guide you and give you jannah, paradise - aameen.

Fi amanillah

#7 Sister Kamillah

Sister Kamillah

Active Sister

• Members
  • 5,633 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 July 2004 - 10:40 PM

asalamu alaikum,
Look at the link that Umm Mohammed gave, it gives all the details of taking the Shahada and is a very nice explaination. I am happy for you that you have embraced Islam and I would advise you to get a some good books such as Sahih Muslim and Sahih Al Bukhari. The Quran, The Translation of the Quran and Tafsir by ibn Katheer (Kathir). And start to read these. There are many good books on Salat (prayer) The Beginners Book of Salah byGhulam Sarwar, if you pm me I will give you the address where the book comes from, I think they may give it out Free. (but not for sure, but it looks like dawah material). There is another book in which I have it is called A guide to Prayer in Islam and it is by M Abdul Karim Saqib. It is nice Also.
Insha-Allah to make you strong in Iman.
Kamillah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users