question on dua

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_aalia9teen_*

Guest_aalia9teen_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 05 February 2004 - 09:35 PM

Is it okay for a menstrating women to fill in a rank and make dua while everyone else is making salat?                    

#2 Paradise_lover

Paradise_lover

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 06 February 2004 - 01:19 AM

Salam alikom

Question :

Is it permissable for a female to attend Jumaah during her menses only to listen to the khutbah? Please support with evidences .

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.  

If you want to sit in the mosque to listen to the khutbah, that is not permitted, because it is not permitted for a menstruating woman to enter the mosque, unless she is only passing through.

But if she is going to sit in a place that is attached to the mosque or close to it, then there is nothing wrong with that, because she is not entering the mosque in this case.

For a more detailed answer regarding places that are attached to the mosque, please see the answer to question no. 34815, to find out when the place attached to the mosque comes under the same ruling as the mosque itself.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

It is haraam for a menstruating woman to stay in the mosque; it is even haraam for her to stay in the Eid prayer place, because of the hadeeth of Umm ‘Atiyah (may Allaah be pleased with her) who said: “He (meaning the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) commanded us to bring out on the two Eids the adolescent girls and the virgins in seclusion, but he commanded the menstruating women to stay away from the prayer-place of the Muslims.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 324; Muslim, 890. Risaalat al-Dima’ al-Tabee’iyyah li’l-Nisa’, p. 52-53.  

The Standing Committee (5/398) was asked about the ruling on menstruating women entering the mosque.

They replied:  It is not permissible for a menstruating woman to enter the mosque except to pass through it if she needs to. This is like the one who is junub (in a state of impurity following sexual activity), because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Approach not As‑Salaah (the prayer) when you are in a drunken state until you know (the meaning) of what you utter, nor when you are in a state of Janaaba (i.e. in a state of sexual impurity and have not yet taken a bath), except when travelling on the road (without enough water, or just passing through a mosque), till you wash your whole body”

[al-Nisa’ 4:43]

The Standing Committee was also asked (6/272) about the Islamic ruling on a woman who enters the mosque when she is menstruating so that she can listen to the khutbah.

They replied: it is not permissible for a woman to enter the mosque when she is menstruating or bleeding following childbirth… But simply passing through is allowed, if she needs to and she is certain that she will not make the mosque naajis (impure, i.e. by drops of blood falling on the floor), because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“…nor when you are in a state of Janaaba (i.e. in a state of sexual impurity and have not yet taken a bath), except when travelling on the road (without enough water, or just passing through a mosque)…”

A menstruating woman comes under the same rulings as one who is junub, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded ‘Aa’ishah to pass him something from the mosque when she was menstruating.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)                    

#3 Paradise_lover

Paradise_lover

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 06 February 2004 - 01:20 AM

Salam alikom

Question :

We have a mosque that is composed of three storeys. The highest storey is the musalla (prayer room) for the women, the storey beneath contains the original musalla, and the storey beneath that (the basement) contains washrooms, a place for Islamic magazines and books, and classrooms for the women, and an additional place for women to pray. Is it permissible for menstruating women to enter this lower level?.

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.  

This depends on the intentions of the one who set up the waqf for the mosque. If he intended that the lower level should be part of the mosque, then it comes under the same ruling as a mosque, so it is not permissible for menstruating women to enter it.

If his intention was that it should not be part of the mosque and that it should rather contain washrooms etc., then this level is not considered to be part of the mosque and does not come under the same ruling as the mosque, so it is permissible for menstruating women to enter it and sit in it.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

If the building mentioned is regarded as a mosque and the people in the upper and lower levels can hear the voice of the imam, the prayer of all of them is valid, and it is not permissible for a menstruating woman to sit in the place that is prepared for prayer on the lower level, because it is part of the mosque. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I do not allow the mosque for any menstruating women or anyone who is junub (in a state of impurity following sexual activity).”

With regard to a menstruating woman passing through the mosque for some need, whilst being careful to make sure no drops of blood fall on the floor, there is nothing wrong with that, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“nor when you are in a state of Janaaba (i.e. in a state of sexual impurity and have not yet taken a bath), except when travelling on the road (without enough water, or just passing through a mosque), till you wash your whole body”

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded ‘Aa’ishah to pass him a rug from the mosque, and she said that she was menstruating. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Your menstruation is not in your hand.”

But if the lower level was not built by the one who set up the waqf for the mosque, and was intended as a storage area or a place for the things mentioned in the question, then it does not come under the rulings on mosques, so it is permissible for menstruating women and people who are junub to sit there, and it is o.k. to pray there in a clean place where there are no toilets, as is the case with any other clean place where there is nothing to prevent people from praying there. But whoever prays there cannot follow the imam who is praying above him because he cannot see him or see some of the people praying behind him, and because it is not part of the mosque according to the more sound of the two scholarly opinions.

Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Maqaalaat Mutanawwi’ah by Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 10/221

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)                    

#4 Guest_aalia9teen_*

Guest_aalia9teen_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 09 February 2004 - 09:42 PM

assalamu alaikum
jazakllah for answering and that helped alot
but my main query is that when the salaah time comes can i do something like zikr and earn reward ..so we reamin in the habit of salah

i read smwhere that theres a hadith *something to this effect* rasullullah said we should read subhannalla astaghfirullahilathee la ilaaha illa huwal  hayyul qayyoom..seenty times ...>>>i dont know the rest can u give me the full hadith?and rewards ..jazakallah 4 ur time ...[/b]                    

#5 Paradise_lover

Paradise_lover

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 09 February 2004 - 11:07 PM

Salam alikom

Question :

I am a Muslim woman who wants a clarification on one important matter regarding Women. I would like to know if a Muslim woman can say her prayers during the period of her mensuration. If so then, what is the right way to do this?
I would be very obliged if you let me know.
Thank You.

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

The following question is listed in Fatawa Islamiyyah (1/239):

Is it permissible for a menstruating woman to recite the du’aa’s of the Day of ‘Arafaah despite the fact that they include aayat from the Qur’aan?

Answer:

There is nothing wrong with the woman who is menstruating or bleeding after childbirth reciting du’aa’s that are prescribed for the rituals of Hajj. Also, according to the correct opinion, there is nothing wrong with them reading Qur’aan as well, because there is no clear saheeh report that states that the woman who is menstruating or bleeding after childbirth should not read Qur’aan. It was reported that the man who is junub (in a state of impurity following sexual activity), in particular, should not read Qur’aan whilst he is junub, because of the hadeeth of ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him). With regard to the woman who is menstruating or bleeding after childbirth there is the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Umar: “The menstruating woman and the man who is junub should not read Qur’aan” – but it is da’eef (weak), because the hadeeth was reported by Ismaa’eel ibn ‘Ayyaash from the Hijaaziyeen, and he is da’eef in his reports from them. But she should read without touching the Mus-haf (copy of the Qur’aan in Arabic), from memory. In the case of the man who is junub, he should not recite Qur’an at all, either from memory or from the Mus-haf, until he has done ghusl. The difference between them is that the timespan for the one who is junub is very short, he can do ghusl straightaway, as soon as he finished having intercourse with his wife. He is not junub for long, and it is up to him when he wants to do ghusl; if he cannot find water, he can do tayammum (“dry ablution” using dust etc.) and pray and read Qur’aan. But the woman who is menstruating or bleeding after childbirth has no control over her situation – it rests with Allaah, may He be glorified. The period lasts for a number of days and nifaas (post-natal bleeding) is the same. So it is permissible for them to recite Qur’aan so that they do not forget it and so that they do not miss out on the blessings of reciting Qur’aan and learning the rules of sharee’ah from the Book of Allaah. If that is the case, then it should certainly be permissible for them to read books containing du’aas that are a mixture of aayaat and ahaadeeth, etc… this is the more correct of the two opinions of the scholars, may Allaah have mercy on them. (Shaykh Ibn Baaz).

The following question was also mentioned:

I read some Tafseers (Qur’anic commentaries) when I am not taahir (ritually pure), such as during my monthly period. Is there any sin on me for doing that? Will I be committing a sin if I do that?

Answer:

There is no sin on the woman who is menstruating or bleeding after childbirth if she reads books of Tafseer or even if she reads Qur’aan without touching the Mus-haf, according to the more correct of the two scholarly opinions. As for the man who is junub, he should not read Qur’aan at all until he has done ghusl, but he can read books of Tafseer and hadeeth etc., without reading whatever they contain of aayaat, because of the report that nothing would stop the Prophet  (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) from reading Qur’aan except janaabah (being junub). According to a hadeeth narrated by Imaam Ahmad with a jayyid isnaad, he said: “As for the man who is junub, he should not read even one aayah.”

(Shaykh Ibn Baaz, Fataawa Islamiyyah, 1/239). (www.islam-qa.com)                    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users