Need help with Child who is confused...Is there a God?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_AmeenahB_*

Guest_AmeenahB_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:06 PM

biggrin.gif Asalaamu Alaykum Sisters biggrin.gif

I need some advise Please, InshaAllah.....

Recently my Non-Muslim Aunt & Uncle invited my husband and I for dinner and we ended up talking about Islam for hours after dinner outside biggrin.gif  My aunty (May Allah Guide her) was very interested and said she pretty much believes in 1 God and that he has no partner or son, also my mother feels the same, SubhanAllah but they feel they are not ready to aacept Islam and the way of life so InshaAllah we can have more meetings and maybe oneday there hearts be be uncovered and opened to Islam.....But......the other day I was at my aunts house again and she asked me to start taking her 9 year old granddaughter whom she has custody of for outings...to show her the beauty of God!!!! AllahuAkbar!
she asked me not to preach to her but just show her the obvious, but here is the problem, the reason why she asked me to do this is, is because my cousins little friends father is an self-proclaimed atheist and he has filled this little 9 year olds head with terrible things, and she has now become Very confused! She is no longer to go to her friends house bcus of the father and my aunt is so angry, How dare someone teach this to a child! yet alone someone elses!.......

My aunt was joking with my cousin and told her she is going to send her to the mosque with me Everyday and my little cousin thought she was serious and was actually excited Alhamdulillah!!

So this is where I am asking for advice, or ideas on what or how I shoudl teach a little 9 year old about Allah, without confusing her too much.
I was thinking to take her on nature trips and explain some of his Creations as miracles and take her one night to look at the sky through the telescope, and make some visits to the mosque InshaAllah but please if you have any good ideas let me know.....My family has been so amazing with my conversion Alhamdulillah and most of them have been to teh Masjid with me and they are all open to it....Ya Allah, please make it easy to help my family!

So please give me some tips on how to deal with a 9 year old who is confused and unsure if there is a God, and who has been having some behaviour problems lately....I know I dont have the power to guide her but please make dua that Allah takes away the doubt and fills her heart with His Love and Mercy, Ameen.

biggrin.gif

#2 Sister Kamillah

Sister Kamillah

Active Sister

• Members
  • 5,633 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 25 June 2005 - 10:40 AM

asalamu alaikum,

show her Allah's creation and tell her that Allahs has created many beautiful things.

To Allah belongs the kingdom of the heavens and the earth, He creates what He Wills (Qur'aan 42:49)

The creation of the universe testifies to Allah’s magnificent Power and Ability, and His immense Strength and Might.

And in the veering of the winds and the clouds which are held between the sky and the earth are indeed signs for people of understanding (Qur’aan 2:164)

May Allah guide your little friend to Islam. Show her the signs and tell her Allah created the heaven and the earth and everything in them. Tell her about the creation of the earth and tell her the story of man (adam story). This is a beginning. work on the very beginning tauhid.

kaamilah

#3 muslima2002

muslima2002

Active Sister

• Members
  • 3,632 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 25 June 2005 - 11:17 AM

Assalamu'alaykum
MashAllah!!! What a nice thing to do.
I agree tell her that it is all the little things we have eg. food, water and also the nature that was created by Allah subhanahuwa ta'ala. Also you can use the arabic expressions, mashAllah, subhanAllah whenever you see somthing beautiful to let her know that we thank Allah subhanhuwa ta'ala for everything we have  biggrin.gif

As you probably also think I don't think you should begin to ask / discuss how the universe was created... it is just too far away for a little one. Tell her of the everyday life and things she can relate to

#4 Nejwa

Nejwa

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,803 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:29 PM

Salaam Aliekum!

I agree take her out in the nature and explain that Allah (swt) have make that.If she is confused if that is a God or not then you can let her begin to think.You can say for example:Do you know how have make your doll?The doll haven`t come from nothing.Somebody that is intelligent have make the doll.Same as it with this flower.How do you think that can be? etc etc

Nejwa smile.gif

#5 Amalia

Amalia

Our Sister

• Members
  • 51 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 26 June 2005 - 01:32 AM

As salam alaikum

This is a topic that, as a teacher, we have to cover as part of 'spiritual development' in school.  
I agree with what the other sisters have said. Looking at the beautiful world around you, thinking of everyday things really helps a child to understand a bit that there is a God who created everything.
Something that we did in school was that we sent all the children out in the playground to pick up a leaf. When they were back in the classroom we asked them to look very closely at their leaf and remember specific details about it.
Then they all put their leaves into a box and we shuffled them about. They then had to come back and find their original leaf. It worked very well as each leaf was so different...and we then discussed how this is the same for people, every single person is different. How is this? How come we are all different?

I hope that this little girl can start to see the wonders of Allah and how much He has given us. You are very priviledged to be given this opportunity to share this with her. Good luck with everything sister. Let us know how you get on.
Love
Amalia
xx

#6 muminah4

muminah4

Our Sister

• Members
  • 157 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:20 AM

As Salaamu Alaikum wa rahmatu ALlahi wa barakaatu,

Yes start with tauheed, take some examples from Quraan. Look at his creation. How does night go into day and day into night. How intricate the creation of the human being, with all of  our body parts, inside and out. I forgot who said this but someone asked How is there a God and you cant see Him? The person replied, think about it.. can you see your mind? How do you know its there? lolll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users