women/islam??

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_evedallas_*

Guest_evedallas_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 29 October 2005 - 07:34 PM

im a 18 year old yemeni muslim in college...im getting a bachlors degree in criminal justice then im going to law school to become a lawyer. I also want to go to the academy because i want to become a homicide detective. I want to get married when im financially suffecient...my career is going well. But i dont plan on having kids, i dont want to have kids at all untill im 40 i want to adopt one/two children. Is that going against islam?? people look at me weird i dont care about tradition/etc. i only follow the words in the quran...  i just wanted to ask..id like the feedback...
thank u

#2 khadi1

khadi1

Active Sister

• Members
  • 8,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 29 October 2005 - 07:52 PM

Assalamou aleikoum wa Rahmatoullah wa barakatou,

[marq=left:6a2b0af310]Dearest sis Evedallas, Welcome to Islamway sisters.
As you are very new, you may not know that there is no need to post your thread in more than one forum (and it is not really allowed anyway  :wink: ) as most sisters check all forums anyway...

Sooooooooooooooooooorry to sound like the old school headmistress. 8)  :?  biggrin.gif

could I ask my lovely sisters NOT to answer this as I have sent the question to www.islamtoday.com.
There are several issues here to be considered and the most important is that :
[quote]i only follow the words in the quran...
and I think that giving our personal opinions would not be right.

Also, dear sis Mariemuad, could you send this to Islamic Rulings ??? :wink:

#3 khadi1

khadi1

Active Sister

• Members
  • 8,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:47 PM

Assalamou aleikoum wa Rahmatoullah wa barakatou,

Fatawa ID
Date:
2005-11-05 23:27:00

[font=Times New Roman:ed1bbb4f7c]QUESTION:

im a 18 year old yemeni muslim in college...im getting a bachlors degree in criminal justice then im going to law school to become a lawyer. I also want to go to the academy because i want to become a homicide detective. I want to get married when im financially suffecient...my career is going well. But i dont plan on having kids, i dont want to have kids at all untill im 40 i want to adopt one/two children. Is that going against islam?? people look at me weird i dont care about tradition/etc. i only follow the words in the quran... i just wanted to ask..id like the feedback...  

ANSWER :

Dear questioner:

Al-Salâm `Alaykum wa Rahmah Allah wa Barakâtuh.

Since she is asking strictly for legal rulings and she brings up a number of disparate issues, the legal rulings are what we will focus on in the answer.

1) It is up to the individual to decide if he or she wishes to remain single. By doing so, the person is missing out on the way of life of the Prophet (peace be upon him) in this particular matter. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “O young people, whoever can afford it let him marry, as it will help him to lower his gaze and protect his chastity.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (5066) and Sahîh Muslim (1400)]

Marriage only becomes obligatory if a person fears falling into the sin of fornication and has the means to marry. A Muslim has no excuse to ever have extra-marital relationships with members of the opposite sex. Marriage with an understanding and cooperative spouse, therefore, is far better than remaining single.

2) Adoption of children for the purpose of bringing them up and caring for them is permissible and a good deed in case the children need attention such as orphans and foundlings. But, the attribution of a child to the one who is bringing the child up is unlawful. Allah says: “Call them by the names of their fathers”. Hence, it is lawful to bring up children in any house but their attribution should always be to their true, biological fathers. Likewise, adopted children will not inherit from their guardians who adopted them and these children may marry from their adoptive “fathers” or “mothers” families.

3) The most serious claim is her saying “I only follow the words in the quran”. Please have her read the following online:

Fatwa Archive >> Jurisprudence >> Textual Evidence >>

The Sunnah as a source of Islamic legislation

http://www.islamtoday.com/show_detail_sect...&main_cat_id=16

[b]Issues and Concerns >> Vilifying the Sunnah

http://www.islamtoday.com/showme2.cfm?cat_...&sub_cat_id=667

May Allah guide us all to what pleases Him. And Allah nows best.

Fatwâ Department Research Committee of IslamToday chaired by Sheikh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî[/font:ed1bbb4f7c]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users