5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Simple_*

Guest_Simple_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

Salaam aleikoum dear sisters,

(See what I did there, Get Fit by Eid  laugh.gif ) So Ramadan is after improving ourselves spiritually etc., but why not get toned and healthier at the same time.

Every Ramadan we (or at least I) fall in the trap of the yummy fatty food dungeon and by Eid I'm heavier than I started out with. SO! this Ramadan I promised myself I'd do it the healthy way.

My plan is to have a vegetable salad for suhoor, followed by a small sandwich for example and have a fruit salad as suhoor dessert. I want to make sure I get in my veggies/fruit and water.

That's not all!

I want to challenge you guys with an exercise regime of 30 days. I've done it before and you'll feel better within a few days. The exercise takes about 20 min's and it would be great if you could make some time for it (perhaps right before maghreb if you have prepared everything). It might be hard at first, but I'm telling you, it is so worth it. The only thing you need are hand-weights. If you don't have those, don't stress out, you can use two small bottles of water for example.

Let me know if you're up for the challenge! If you do this thread will be the place to update and perhaps show us what you're eating for inspiration.

Let's go gals!

128.gif

#2 SisterGreenBean

SisterGreenBean

Our Sister

• Members
  • 477 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:51 AM

wa alaikom salaam sister

this is a great idea mashallaah biggrin.gif i am up to your challenge, inshallaah i hope i can keep up! i go to a gym (womens one), so they have hand weights there. what is the exercise you do sister?
my gym routine is:
20 mins of treadmil
20 mins on the weight machines that target different muscles (they have them all set up in a circle and you can pick the ones that you want)
and thats it!
i think for Ramadhan, i might do 10 minutes on the treadmil, and just cut down on the number of reps that i do with the muscle machines.

#3 Guest_Simple_*

Guest_Simple_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

Salaam aleikoum sisters,

Yaay! I've company!  128.gif  Things are always easier when you have company, right? Warning, you might be sore the next day.  biggrin.gif Today is the first day of Ramadan, so we'll start today?

(I read an article yesterday by productivemuslim, which said that you should exercise at night. Preferably some time before suhoor or before taraweeh I think, but the link isn't working. I'll add it when it does insha'Allah)

QUOTE(SisterGreenBean @ Jul 20 2012, 04:51 AM) View Post

wa alaikom salaam sister

this is a great idea mashallaah biggrin.gif i am up to your challenge, inshallaah i hope i can keep up! i go to a gym (womens one), so they have hand weights there. what is the exercise you do sister?
my gym routine is:
20 mins of treadmil
20 mins on the weight machines that target different muscles (they have them all set up in a circle and you can pick the ones that you want)
and thats it!
i think for Ramadhan, i might do 10 minutes on the treadmil, and just cut down on the number of reps that i do with the muscle machines.

I also used to go to a ladies gym, but I stopped going because the machines were always full. Anyway the exercise video I'm going to post did more for me than the time at the gym. I used to cycle for 30 minutes on a hometrainer also, but when I did this challenge I felt more toned than ever because it has a bit of strenght training, cardio and high intensity interval workout (you'll hear her say hiit at the end of the video probably). Perhaps if you like the video or find it enough you don't even have to hit the gym.  tongue.gif

QUOTE({UmmKhalid} @ Jul 20 2012, 09:59 AM) View Post

assalamu alaykum

i want to get fit but i'm hopeless at exercise. i don't know how to do it. i need something that gives me babysteps and explains everything in *very* simple terms. i haven't found anything so far that i understand that doesn't use weird words like 'obliques' and 'core' and expects to breathe from different areas of the body when all i know is how to breath from the mouth and nose. lol honestly i feel like a fool whenever i attempt to do exercise.

Wa alaykoum asalaam,

Your post made ma laugh sis, because of the breath from different areas.  laugh.gif To be honest I also don't like workouts which tell you how to breath, because it is kind of difficult. I found this one however pretty straightforward. At first I was struggling with the jumping jacks and couldn't figure out how to do them, but when I stopped and looked I felt like a fool too. laugh.gif Perhaps you can check out the video first, so when you attempt to do it you'll know what's next. Also there is one woman who does the advanced version and another woman does the beginners version. Just do it! Yes, we can!  128.gif

We'll do the following insha'Allah:
Level 1: 10 days
Level 2: 10 days
Level 3: 10 days

Here's the link for level 1!

#4 Sister Kamillah

Sister Kamillah

Active Sister

• Members
  • 5,633 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:18 AM

AsSalamu Alaikum,

I would like to try some short walks and then increase, to build strength, it will not be a hard work out because i am not well enough to partake. A stroll I can do Insha-Allah. But i have changed a lot about my eating, i am eating organic foods only now.  I only want pure food without all the chemicals added..no process foods, no chemical laced foods...Organic only.  I will let you know how things are going with the walks. lol

kamillah

#5 Sister Kamillah

Sister Kamillah

Active Sister

• Members
  • 5,633 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:18 AM

AsSalamu Alaikum,

I would like to try some short walks and then increase, to build strength, it will not be a hard work out because i am not well enough to partake. A stroll I can do Insha-Allah. But i have changed a lot about my eating, i am eating organic foods only now.  I only want pure food without all the chemicals added..no process foods, no chemical laced foods...Organic only.  I will let you know how things are going with the walks. lol  And my quest for only pure food.  Halal and pure......

When they spray food with chemicals it must go into the fruit or veg...when they give cows, lambs and chickens hormones it must go into the meat..I dont want this type of food at all.  It is not pure and I believe it is causing many illnesses.  

kamillah

Edited by Sister Kamillah, 21 July 2012 - 12:25 AM.

#6 Sister Kamillah

Sister Kamillah

Active Sister

• Members
  • 5,633 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:06 PM

AsSalamu Alaikum,

hows things going?

Kamillah

0 user(s) are reading this topic