25 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Simple_*

Guest_Simple_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

Salaam aleikoum dear sisters,

I wanted to share with you some pictures of my first finished sewing project, which is an apron. It was a fun and easy thing to make and I'm amazed by the results. I didn't think I was going to be able to make something like this. It is not perfect, but I'm more than happy with it.

Here are some pictures:

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Lots of love,

Samira

#2 Guest_Simple_*

Guest_Simple_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

Wa aleikoum salaam,

Thank you! biggrin.gif I am glad you love it. I made it girly on purpose, because most apron's are so dull so I tried to give it a new look. xD

#3 um-zakaria

um-zakaria

Our Sister

• Validating
  • 609 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

salamu aleykum,

mashAllah tabarakAllah! Very funny your apron , gives you good mood for your duties inchAllah!
It seems that your sewing machine has nice features like this decorativ stitch mashAllah!

salamu aleykum

#4 Guest_Simple_*

Guest_Simple_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

Wa aleikoum salaam,

Haha to be honest I don't cook often as I'm still living with my mom and she does all the cooking. The sewing machine is great masha'Allah. I had an old one and that one drove me nuts! So I saved money and bought a new one. I didn't use it very often, but now I made this and insha'Allah I'll try to make other stuff as well. XD

#5 Umm_Z

Umm_Z

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,941 posts
  • Interests:<br />

غير متواجدة

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

Assalamualiakum warahmatullah

Mashallaah that is really really nice! Your really talented mashallah  wub.gif  Yknow....add on a few sleeves and it'd make a pretty dress (I'm thinking of my 2yr old, not me  wink.gif ) its too pretty just for oil splatters  wub.gif

#6 Guest_Simple_*

Guest_Simple_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

Salaam aleikoum,

Awwhh, thank you :$! I have some fabric left and was actually going to make a little dress for a girl I babysit. She's 1 1/2 now xD.
Doesn't matter if it get's oil splatters on it, as long as you feel pretty. Don't you feel like Cinderella sometimes with ugly things on?

#7 um_elbaraa

um_elbaraa

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,265 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:47 PM

Wa alay kuma salaam sis,

You did a wounderful job keep up the good work/fun lol.

#8 Believer_sis

Believer_sis

Our Sister

• Members
  • 321 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:12 PM

It's beautiful mashAllah sis!!!! wub.gif

#9 SisterGreenBean

SisterGreenBean

Our Sister

• Members
  • 477 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:33 AM

Mashallah ! this is so pretty,
i have so much respect for sisters who take the time to learn how to do this, and then do it...
i could never! good for you sister...keep it up smile.gif

#10 Guest_Simple_*

Guest_Simple_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:07 AM

Salaam aleikoum,

QUOTE(um_elbaraa @ Mar 13 2012, 11:47 PM) View Post
Wa alay kuma salaam sis,

You did a wounderful job keep up the good work/fun lol.

Thank you very much, you guys are making me shy laugh.gif

QUOTE(Believer_sis @ Mar 14 2012, 12:12 AM) View Post
It's beautiful mashAllah sis!!!! wub.gif

wub.gif Thank you sis!

QUOTE({UmmKhalid} @ Mar 14 2012, 03:51 AM) View Post
assalamu alaykum

i love this apron... i keep checking the pic again... mashAllah you could sell your stuff on etsy and make some cash, its really that good. it would be super cute with 2 pink buttons on the chest, at the ends of the strap that goes around the neck. or a pink pocket with a rounded bottom right in the center of the black fabric.

Haha you like it that much, sis? Perhaps I should start selling on Etsy, I don't have school at this moment anyway and I've no job, so maybe I could make a thing out of it to pay some bills happy.gif . I'm thinking about making other one's insha'Allah 128.gif .
QUOTE(SisterGreenBean @ Mar 14 2012, 04:33 AM) View Post
Mashallah ! this is so pretty,
i have so much respect for sisters who take the time to learn how to do this, and then do it...
i could never! good for you sister...keep it up smile.gif

Thanks sister, but if I can do it everyone can! closedeyes.gif

Lots of love,

Samira

#11 Guest_Simple_*

Guest_Simple_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:30 AM

Salaam aleikoum,

I was just trying to make an account on Etsy, but I don't have a creditcard so I think the fun is over..

#12 Umm_Z

Umm_Z

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:17 PM

Asalamualaikum warahmatullah

I was just thinking about you before I came on, have you tried ebay with a paypal account? Paypal works with a bank card/debit card etc..do you have one of them at all? You could easily start selling your stuff on ebay sis, I'll be your first customer (I might have to wrestle UmmKhalid though for this apron  tongue.gif ). MAshallaah you have a real talent.

#13 Guest_Simple_*

Guest_Simple_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

Salaam aleikoum,

QUOTE(Umm_Z @ Mar 14 2012, 03:17 PM) View Post

Asalamualaikum warahmatullah

I was just thinking about you before I came on, have you tried ebay with a paypal account? Paypal works with a bank card/debit card etc..do you have one of them at all? You could easily start selling your stuff on ebay sis, I'll be your first customer (I might have to wrestle UmmKhalid though for this apron  tongue.gif ). MAshallaah you have a real talent.

Yaay I'm being thought about laugh.gif . You're right, I think I can try Ebay insha'Allah.How much shall I prize them? Haha you guys really like it that much? laugh.gif No need for wrestling. I'll make you your own. This one is a bit too small at my waist, so if you guys want one let me know what your size is and I'll make it 120.gif .
blush.gif Thanks!

#14 Guest_Simple_*

Guest_Simple_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

Wa aleikoum salaam,

Sounds nice between 20 and 30, I couldn't price them for 40. I find that way too expensive for an apron biggrin.gif. Thank you <3

#15 Umm_Z

Umm_Z

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:45 PM

Assalamualaikum warahmatullah

Okay, your task for the end of the week is to make an Ebay account, find a business name and start selling! I will buy it inshallaah. And i'll write you a great review  tongue.gif

P.s if its too small for your waist its never going to fit mine at the moment unsure.gif But i'm sure i'll find a use for it

#16 Guest_Simple_*

Guest_Simple_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

Salaam aleikoum.

Will do so tomorrow insha'Allah <3. Don't worry sis, if you tell me your size I will make you one which fits xD I can't possibly give you one that's too small ><

#17 Guest_Simple_*

Guest_Simple_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

Salaam aleikoum sisters,

I made a simple free website to use for a while. If you are interested in buying an apron you can visit it on: www.wix.com/onlinecaty/coco
<3

#18 Zhra

Zhra

Our Sister

• Members
  • 509 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

Wa Alikum Asalam Warhmatullahi Wabarakatuh

oh sister you have made such a sweet apron I actually really really like it, I have such a great passion to learn how to sew but I haevn't got time I wish I had by the way your apron is beautiful. biggrin.gif

Ma'Salama

#19 Guest_Simple_*

Guest_Simple_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

Salaam aleikoum sis,

Awwh thank you very much. And you have to make time insha'Allah if you like something it works out. biggrin.gif

Love,

Samira

#20 Guest_Simple_*

Guest_Simple_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

Wa alaykoum assalaam w rahmatullah,

No not yet unfortunatly. I tried however to try the site out and it said that there is something wrong with the email adress I supplied. So I have to fix it first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users