Silverstar

Our Sister

• Members
  • 284 posts

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:37 AM

Assalamu alaikum

A casserole with beef casserole served with rice. Leftovers from yesterday for luch.

#22 muslimah_1

muslimah_1

Our Sister

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • Interests:Islam, Painting, writing, webdesign, travelling, history, spending time with my family and learning new things

غير متواجدة

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:33 AM

Assalam 'alaykum,

I am making roasted chicken breasts with roast potatoes, and greek salad, alhamdulilaah.

#23 mariemuad

mariemuad

Administrator

• Site Admin
  • 7,699 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

Assalamu alaikum,

I am happy today because I finally found the recipe that my mum used to make waffles biggrin.gif Waffles is a speciality of South Belgium (every city has got its own version). It was a success at home for breakfast and thus had to do it again for "teatime" biggrin.gif

Umm Hanifa

#24 MissPink

MissPink

Active Sister

• Members
  • 6,057 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:05 PM

Assalamu alaikom

Masha'Allah Belgian Waffles!!!

I'm making a vegetable stew, a potato casserole, and we're going to a potluck for dinner, insha'Allah.

Lunch is leftover spaghetti w/ meatsauce and some chicken in the oven from last night (inspired by sister mariemuad's chicken w/ lemon recipe)

#25 um_elbaraa

um_elbaraa

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,265 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE({UmmKhalid} @ Mar 26 2010, 01:29 PM) View Post

assalamu alaykum

last night i made chicken with onion, yoghurt, saffron and other spices,  and spicy potatoes with onions.. and roti to go with it. well i didn't know that i didn't have my rolling pin here, its at the old apt... just realised after i had cooked both dishes plus made the dough for the roti. so i found one of the kids playdough rolling pins, had to make the roti with that, its maybe 2-3 inches big. took forever! no idea what i'm gonna do for tonight's supper. ds won't eat the rice coz we tried a new brand n it stinks, n i agree with him.. its nice in biryani but i wouldn't eat it plain. all i know is i'm not making roti again. wish i could've planned ahead n asked dh to buy some pita bread. i'd make it here but the yeast is at the old apt.

walay kuma salaam warahamatula
mashallah sis good going with the kids rolling pin thats not to bad at all i still dont have a rolling pin i use a metal water bottle lol im used to it now!

#26 um_elbaraa

um_elbaraa

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,265 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:43 PM

asalamu alay kum
for dinner today i made hot sauce (somalian) but i did add my own little thing to the hot sauce and i guess in english it would be called like a beef stir fry its called sucar it is a somalian food and rice too i made that last night for dinner today.

Edited by um_elbaraa, 07 April 2010 - 11:44 PM.

#27 mariam00

mariam00

Our Sister

• Members
  • 617 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:20 PM

salam alekum

me and kids had hot dog and salad for lunch.
for dinner iam preparing roast chicken,palau rice and some greek salat insha Allah.

and i made carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for dessert.
Alhamdulillah.Allah always provide everything for us suphanna Allah.

#28 umm j

umm j

Our Sister

• Members
  • 429 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:45 AM

salam,

wow greek salad is so popular! I adore it too lol, well no cooking today as I have left over Halim (spicy meat/lentil broth thing) that my neigbour gave me, as for tomorrow hmmmm, I have a huge leg of lamb, I can't decide what to do will place in slow cooker with spices, anyone know what spices will make it taste yummy? Otherwise turns out nice or interesting lol

#29 americansis26

americansis26

Our Sister

• Banned
  • 2,822 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 26 June 2010 - 04:21 PM

Salams

Tonight we are having friends over for dinner (despite the storms coming like lastnight) we are going to have:

Grilled Chicken Tikka
Chicken Shish-Kabobs w/ grilled veggies
Salad
Fresh Fruit- strawberries, blueberries, pineapple and watermelon
Fresh veggies
Corn on the Cob
Turkish Style Naans made on the grill

and for dessert

Hazelnut Cake with a chocolate ganache` topped with crushed hazelnuts!

#30 umm imran

umm imran

Our Sister

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:to help myself bcome a better musilm so that i can prepare my children to become brtter muslims too

غير متواجدة

Posted 26 June 2010 - 05:39 PM

yesterday i was suspose to have guest so i made a carrot cake and they didn`t turn up so the kids finished it and left nothing for morning so late last night i made scones and then today my guest rung and said they were coming so i `ve made another carrot cake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users