5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_musaafirah_*

Guest_musaafirah_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:34 PM

Asalaamu Alaykum,

I am going to go grocery shopping today inshaAllah and I thought I would go ahead and pick up some dye. I used to dye my hair all the time (I've had it jet black, brown with red highlights, red, blonde (by accident, I was planning on bleaching it so I could dye it purple but my hair was too thick and too dark and I didn't have enough bleach so I ended up with mostly blond 'shakira-hair')...etc but for some time I have left my hair my natural color (really dark almost black shade of brown with a lot of natural highlights). Anyway, I have been feeling for a change so me and dh discussed it and decided on red. I'm a little nervous after all this time and I hope it comes out nice. Anyway, my sis-in-law and I are going to dye our hair and do 'makeovers' at her house inshaallah on friday so I will do it then.

Since its been so long, I wanted to see if any of you sisters had any input. I am between L'oreal Feria and Garnier Nutrisse as far as choices. I want it to show up well in my hair (since it is dark) and also look kinda natural. I REALLY like garnier nutrisse at this shade, but I doubt it will actually come out like that on me so I am leaning toward Feria. Also, my hair is pretty long, about mid-back. Will I need two boxes?

#2 muwahida-01

muwahida-01

Our Sister

• Members
  • 602 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:30 PM

as salaam wa alaykum

i dont like garnier colours they dont do much for ur hair and the colours arent strong so i advise avoid, i used to have a hair dresser friend who worked for peter mark and she said never use garnier she was a colourist to be exact her favourite was loreal, but my favourite is herbal essence it really leaves the hair soft, after that loreal, if u want good coverage 2 bottles should do i know i need 2 bottles

hope it turns out nice

muwahida

#3 Ek Ajnabia

Ek Ajnabia

Our Sister

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:iam a mother

غير متواجدة

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:20 PM

i would opt for  L'oreal Feria  and get 2 boxes to be safe as if your hair is as you discribe then better for full coverage.   Better buy a good conitioner by the sound of all the harsh treatment meted out to your hair for your discription.  Do let us know of your results!

#4 prudence

prudence

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,444 posts
  • Interests:religion, everday stuff

غير متواجدة

Posted 24 September 2008 - 03:00 PM

Assalam alaikum,

I loved the colors, I just hope you are not pale because red hair doesn´t go with every type of skin. But I´m sure you know that... happy.gif
And yes, 2 packages is better if you have very long hair.

#5 Umm_Z

Umm_Z

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,941 posts
  • Interests:<br />

غير متواجدة

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:54 PM

Assalamualaikum

Definitely Loreal! Its the best for dark , thick hair in my opinion.

#6 ~MissKitty~

~MissKitty~

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,965 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:08 PM

Salam alaikum,

I too have had bad results with the garnier. I once tried to use it and the color didn't take at all...I would go with L'oreal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users