#1 Guest_naz14_*

Guest_naz14_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 25 January 2008 - 07:26 PM

asalamu alaikum

just a very small quick question, lol

does any sisters here take vitamin tablets?

#2 Babydoll

Babydoll

Our Sister

• Members
  • 161 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:40 PM

Assalaam alaikum,

Not at the moment I'm not. But years ago I had started becoming really tired, hair was falling out, always hungry & someone I once worked with recommended iron tablets, about 5-6 weeks after I started taking them I started feeling really good. I didn't feel the tiredness & have the lack of energy anymore. I assumed my hair was falling out because I was lacking in iron. Last year I started on vitamin B, cause I felt I was low in energy, they really gave me a boost. Are you taking any vitamins?

#3 MissPink

MissPink

Active Sister

• Members
  • 6,057 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:18 AM

Assalamu alaikom

Oh yes do I take vitamins!

I have to keep up my iron supplements or else I get soooo low I am unrecognizable  blink.gif   So alhamdullah, that works for my energy and wellbeing.

I've also been taking a woman's multi-vitamin that has, in addition to the regular vitamins, probiotics in it such as soy, leaf and root extracts, and other stuff I can't think of right now.

#4 sisterofdeen

sisterofdeen

Our Sister

• Members
  • 435 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 26 January 2008 - 07:45 AM

asalaam alikum,
vitamins are good

#5 ~MissKitty~

~MissKitty~

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,965 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 26 January 2008 - 05:17 PM

Salam alaikum,

Yes, me and my 3 year old take them. Of course, not the same one! I think they, along with a healthy diet can help you feel better, and give your immune system a boost. But, of course, you don't want to overload your body with them, just like everything else, it needs to be taken in moderation, there have been recent studies that over doing it can have adverse effects. A good womens multi-vitamin is a good choice. That's what I take. And my daughter takes a chewable childrens tablet.

#6 naeema1

naeema1

Our Sister

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:cooking, looking aftermy children, reading and helping others

غير متواجدة

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:47 PM

asalamu alaikum

i don't take vitamins myself but i would like to give them to my children but the problem is the ones i find in the supermarkets( the chewable ones that look like sweets ) all seem to have gelatin in them are there any halal ones?

#7 lisa_Was_here

lisa_Was_here

Our Sister

• Banned
  • 632 posts
  • Interests:no. pages of Qur'an to be read 5 pgs 10 pgs 15 pgs 20 pgs 25 pgs 30 pgs<br />Length of time to complete reading the entire Qur'an 4 months 2 months 40 days 1 month 24 days 20 days<br />Note: Every letter you read of the Qur'an is equivalent to a minimum of 10 good deeds.<br /><br />no. lines to memorize per day 1 2 3 4 6 8 12 15<br />no. of years to complete memorization 24 12 8 6 4 3 2 1.5 yrs<br />I am positive that you can find a suitable plan that fits your schedule.<br /><br />Remember, the more you memorize, the greater your capacity to memorize will be.<br /><br />Set a program like the following:<br /><br />no. of verse to be read with explanation per day 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10<br />no. of years/months to complete reading tafsir of the Qur'an 17.7 8.9 5.1 4.5 3.6 2.6 2.2 2.1 1.1 1.9

غير متواجدة

Posted 28 January 2008 - 04:22 AM

Assalamu alaykum
Yes I take them usually but not now that I am pregnant, I take only what my doctor prescribes and has told me I need. However, for non pregnant woman (and everyone in general) a multivitamin, like MissKitty mentioned, is a good choice. Also, the other sisters mention Iron and B vitamins, these are also really important. Iron is good for women especially as lots of us get low on Iron...i do not know why right now though?! maybe we lose iron in our menstrual fluid or something...that is just my guess.

Edited by lisa_Was_here, 28 January 2008 - 04:23 AM.

#8 Zamzam08

Zamzam08

Our Sister

• Members
  • 188 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:00 AM

Assalamu 'alaikum

i started taking vitamins specifically put together for hair, skin and nails not sure if their is any change but i'll try and keep at it inshallah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users