doubt in prayers....

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_aabidah2_*

Guest_aabidah2_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 18 September 2004 - 07:48 AM

see, prayer is a form of communication to allah right! we pray inorder to remeber him, praise him and to thank him as well as to tell our worries and seek for his forgiveness. if u take surah fatiha, if u analyse its meaning, it praises allah, but if u take surah al kafiroon, it says o disbelivers , i don't worship wht u worship , r u saying this to allah that i don';t worship wht u worship? when ur reading in quran its fine, becoz ur instructing urself but when u pray ur talking to him and this verse which i mentioned earlier has to be said to a disbeliver and not to allah? could u explain me why  this surah has to be said in prayer?                    

#2 khadi1

khadi1

Active Sister

• Members
  • 8,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 18 September 2004 - 12:04 PM

Assalamou aleikoum dear sisters,

I would like to kindly remind us all that we should spread the greetings amongst ourselves in the proper Islamic way if we are muslims, and if we are not, we still greet each other in a nice way....
For all sisters who are new and do not know about the rulings of the spreading of the Islamic greeting, mainly, Assalamou aleikoum, or Assalamou aleikoum wa Rahmatoullah wa Barakatou, there was a post not so long ago about it, in this very forum.... let me see if I can find it again....
Dear Aabidah2, I did not really understood your question, please could you kindly explain it better???

You quoted:

could u explain me why this surah has to be said in prayer?

meaning Surah Al Kafiroon..
From what I know, is that this particular Surah does not have to be said in prayer (recited) , any Surah you know you can recite, there are no particular ones to be said in prayer, but the Prophet Sallalahu Aleyhi wa Salam used to favour some surahs , but it does not mean that they have to be said in prayers... except Surah Al Fatiha.

Inshallah, this will help a little bit and Inshallah more knowledgeable sisters will answer.                    

#3 sarah_anisah

sarah_anisah

Active Sister

• Members
  • 4,408 posts
  • Interests:Islam, my children

غير متواجدة

Posted 18 September 2004 - 12:17 PM

Assalamu Alaikum
The link sister Khadi is referring to about the Islamic greeting is:
When 2 Muslims meet

Sarah                    

#4 mariemuad

mariemuad

Administrator

• Site Admin
  • 7,699 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 18 September 2004 - 12:48 PM

Assalamu ala man ittaba'a al-huda,

When we read from the Quran, it is actually Allah that is talking to us and not the opposite. The Quran is the word of Allah. So, in prayer, you are in communication with Allah. You praise and He answers you. He answers you when you read verses of the Quran. He answers you when you say, when coming back from ruku' "Sami'a Allahu liman hamidah" as we were instructed to say.

Umm Hanifa                    

#5 sarah_anisah

sarah_anisah

Active Sister

• Members
  • 4,408 posts
  • Interests:Islam, my children

غير متواجدة

Posted 18 September 2004 - 01:01 PM

Assalamu Alaikum
When we pray Surah Kafiroon it is reaffirming that we are a believer.

Sarah                    

#6 muslimsister

muslimsister

Active Sister

• Members
  • 5,197 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 19 September 2004 - 11:03 PM

Assalaam alaikum,
There are several surahs that begin with the order "say!" and afterwards we are told what to say.  In surah Al-Kaafiroon Allah is instructing us how to affirm our belief in the face of the disbelievers.  Just like he taught some dua' in al-Falaq and An-Naas starting with "say!" and taught us how to proclaim the oneness of Allah in surah al-ikhlaas again starting with "say".  
There are many parts of the Qur'an which are instructions for us, and by reading them, and contemplating their meaning we become better Muslims, insha' Allah.                    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users