17 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_AmeenahB_*

Guest_AmeenahB_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 10 March 2005 - 03:03 PM

biggrin.gif Asalaamu Alaykum....

What if a person says they are "Muslim" yet they do not pray?

Is there anything that takes you out of the fold of Islam????

Thank you for any replies.

#2 D A L I

D A L I

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,327 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 10 March 2005 - 05:10 PM

assalamu alaikum,

prayer is what separates us and sets us apart for the kaafir. when you turn away from salah you are turning away Islam.

I'm at the uni right now so i can't send you any info right now but when i get home this afternoon insha'ALlah i will post more info for you sis. I just wanted to reply to your question now.

Fi aman Allah

#3 nevaluv

nevaluv

Our Sister

• Members
  • 107 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 10 March 2005 - 05:47 PM

So... in a way i'm sort of "right" for not saying my shahadah yet.. Or?
Coz i don't know the prayers yet and i know i don't have time to learn right now-> i have ALOT of school work coz am planning to graduate this summer.
I'd just say my shahadah and nothing about it. Wouldn't that be "wrong"? Meaningless in the sense that if not praying is pretty much same as not being muslim?
Or should i just do it, say my shahadah, and then worry about "changing my life"?? This i've been wondering alot lately... Coz people are always saying i should do it and then learn.

(Don't wonder if someone replies and i don't.. Am off spending my weekend away from my school and probably won't get online)

#4 muslima2002

muslima2002

Active Sister

• Members
  • 3,632 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 10 March 2005 - 09:24 PM

Assalamu'alaykum
QUOTE(nevaluv)
Coz i don't know the prayers yet and i know i don't have time to learn right now-> i have ALOT of school work coz am planning to graduate this summer.  
I'd just say my shahadah and nothing about it. Wouldn't that be "wrong"? Meaningless in the sense that if not praying is pretty much same as not being muslim?
Or should i just do it, say my shahadah, and then worry about "changing my life"?? This i've been wondering alot lately... Coz people are always saying i should do it and then learn.  

(Don't wonder if someone replies and i don't.. Am off spending my weekend away from my school and probably won't get online)

I don't think you should postpone the shahada any longer if you truly believes that there is only one God, Allah and that Muhammad is his messenger. Then there is no excuse. You don't know what will happen tomorrow.

Regarding the prayer you have other options to say when you pray (InshAllah another sister can find the fatwa - I actually read it a few days ago here on the forum).

But believe me - it is not that difficult to learn the smallest surahs.

#5 Sister Kamillah

Sister Kamillah

Active Sister

• Members
  • 5,633 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 10 March 2005 - 10:51 PM

asalamu alaikum,

Yes there are many things that can take a person out of the folds of Islam. And a very good book that can teach what are these things that nullify one being a Muslim. The book is called The Pillars of Islam and Iman(and what every Muslim must know about his religion. Written by Muhammad bin Jamil Zeno (teacher at Dar-ul-Hadith al Kahairiyah Makkah Al Mukaramah) the publisher is dar-us-salam.

I will insha-Allah post those things from the book a little at a time for you to read and in this way you can learn and understand. And if you have any questions you can pm me.

Insha-Allah be back to post the first one, there are so many so it will take time to post the ones you may be looking for. but it will be very interesting for you to see and to understand them.
kamillah

#6 Guest_AmeenahB_*

Guest_AmeenahB_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 11 March 2005 - 12:12 AM

biggrin.gif Asalaamu Alaykum

Jazakum Allah Khairan Sisters!!!

I understand the basics of being muslim and what your duties are a muslim...yet i would like more specifics for myself to understand better and for other sisters also....

Sister Kamillah, that is an excellent idea, I cant wait to start reading your posts on this book, Inshaallah i will try to find the book also ...

thank you everyone

#7 Sister Kamillah

Sister Kamillah

Active Sister

• Members
  • 5,633 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 11 March 2005 - 05:50 AM

asalamu alaikum,

This book is very special to me and I think every muslim should have a copy of it. The below is taken from the book The Pillars of Islam and Iman by Muhammad bin Jamil Zeno (teacher at Dar-ul-Hadith Al Khairiyah Makkah Al Mukarramah). It will take a lot of typing so I will do a little at a time and in this way you will also be able to read it over again and again. Before moving on.

Factors Which Nullify Islam and Iman(page 38-40)

There are things which nullify Iman (Faith) ie Belief, just as there are things which nullify Wudu, if a person does any single one of them. He loses his state of ritual pruity. The same is true with Belief. The nullifiers of Belief can be classified into four categoiers.

First category: Denial of the Rubb's existence or deprecating and calumniating Him.

(Rubb means the One Who is the Creator, the Sustainer, the Lord, etc, in Whose Hand is the disposal of all affairs.

Second category: Denial of Allah's right to be worshipped or worshipping anything or anyone along with Him.

Third category: Denial of any of Allah's Names or Attribues established in the Quran and Sunnah or deprecation of them.

Fourth category: Denial of the role of Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) as the Messenger of Allah, or deprecation of His Message.

1. Denial of the existence of Rubb nullifies Iman(Belief)

This first category encompasses several types:

1. Pure atheism; such as the belief of comunist who deny that the universe has a creator and say: "There is no god, and life is a purely material Phenmeanon." They attribute the creation and all actions to pure chance or "nature" but forget the One Who created even the "chance" and the "nature", as Allah Said:

"Allah is the creator of all things, and He is the Wakil(trustee, disposer of affairs, Guardian, etc) over all things." (39:62 )

This category of disbeliever is more hardened in their apostasy than the polythesit Arabs of post Islamic period, and even Satan himself, as those polytheist Arabs did admit the existence of their creator as the Quran states about them saying:

"And if you ask them who created them, they will surely say: Allah" (43:87 )

It is an act of disbelief for a Muslim to say "nature created something or that it came into being by chance."

2. Or if a person claims to be the Rubb; as Pharaoh claimed saying:

"I am your lord, most high." (79:24 )

3. Or to claim that there are great saints (called Qutb in Sufi terminology, which literally means axes (of the creation), who have control over what happens in the universe, even if this claim is accompanied with the admission that Allah, the Soverign Lord exists. People who have this belief are in a worse condition than the idol worshippers before Islam, who used to admit that Allah s the Sole Controller of the Affairs of the universe, as is indicated by Allah's Statement:

"Say: Who provides for you from the sky and from the earth? Or who owns hearing and sight? And who brings out the living from the dead and brings out the dead from the living? And who dispose the affairs? They will say: Allah. Say "Will you not then be afraid of Allah's punishment (for setting up rivals in worship with Allah)? (10:31 )

4. Or the statements of some Sufis that Allah pervades in His creation, or became incarnate in it. The Sufi, Ibn Arabi, who is buried in Damascus, said: "The Lord is a slave, and the slave is a Lord. I only wish I knew, which one is the Mukallaf."

(Mukallaf is a basic term of Sharish terminology it refers to the essential role of the adult, sane human being; That he or she is charged by Allah with a series of duties and responsibilites, orders and prohibitions, and he will be questioned, on the basis of how well he discharged his responsibiltiies.).

And the transgressor of the Sufism has stated: "and the dog and the pig is nothing other than our dieity, nor is Allah other than a monk in a church."
"And Hallaj (a sufi of Baghdad) stated "I am He (i.e. Rubb) and He is I.' on the asis of his statement, which he would not retract: the scholars agreed that he should be executed as an apostate. High Exalted is Allah above what such people say.

**later on in the chapter it should answer many of your questions, but it is important to start from the very beginning. Some Muslims of today who follow the sufi orders do have saints in which they ask things from instead of going directly to Allah. This takes them out of the folds of Islam because they Commit major shirk in taking Allah's creation as there protector instead of Allah.. There are Muslims who still in ignorance pray to the graves of pious Muslims or saints or dead relatives asking for things instead of praying to Allah (swt) this is Major Shirk and will take someone out of the folds of Islam. We will continue tomorrow. Insha-Allah

Kamillah

#8 Sister Kamillah

Sister Kamillah

Active Sister

• Members
  • 5,633 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 12 March 2005 - 05:48 AM

asalamu alaikum,

Back to the topic at hand. The following is taken from the Book, The Pillars of Islam and Iman by Muhammad bin Jamil Zeno (teacher at Dar-ul-Hadith Al Khairiyah Makkah Al Mukaramah). (page 41- 44)

2.  Shirk (polytheism) in Worship nullifies Iman(belief/faith)

This second category includes denial of Allah as the object of worship or ascribingpartner along with Allah. It too has various manifestations:

1. Those who worship the sun, the oon and the stars and trees or any other created being, and abandon the worship of Allah, who created all these things which have no power to benfit nor to harm. Allah said:

"And from among His Signs are the night and the day, and the sun and the moon, but prostrated not to the sun nor to the moon, but prostrate to Allah Who created them, if you (really) worship Him." (41:37 )

2. Those who worship Allah, and worship along with Him some of His creation such as saints, as embodied in idols, graveworship, etc. The Arab idol worshippers before Islam were of this category, as they used to call upon Allah only in times of hardship and pressing need, and would worship others in times of ease. As the Quran described them.

"And when they embark on a ship, they invoke Allah, making their Faith pure for Him only, but when He brings them safely to land behold, they give a share of their worship to others." (29:65 )

They are characterized as Al Mushrikum (those who associate and attribue partner with Allah), even though they made supplication to Allah Alone when they were afraid of drowning at sea, because they didn't stay like that instead they called upon others after He saved them.

3. Since Allah was displeased with the idol worshipping Arabs before Islam, rather than, He branded them Kafir (i.e the disbelievers) and ordered His Prophet to fight them, because they called upon others besides Allah at the time of ease and He didn't accept their whole heartedness when they called upon Him alone in hardship, and He labelled them Mushrikin. What can we say about certain Muslims today, who resort to dead saints at the time of ease as well as at the time of hardship? And they ask of them what only Allah has the power to bestow, like curing the sick, and granting sustenance and guidance etc, and they forget the creator of those saints, whereas He is the only One who cures, the Sustainer and the Guide. And those dead people have no power at all and cannot even hear those who are calling upon them, as Allah stated:

"And those, whom you invoke or call upon instead of Him, own not even a Qitmir (the thin membrane over the datestone). If you invoke (or call upon) them, they hear not your call and if (in case) they were to hear, they could not grant it (your resquest) to you. And on the Day of Resurrection, they will disown your worshipping them. And none can inform you (O Muhammad) like Him Who is the All Knower (of each and every thing) (35:13,14 )

This verse is explicit to the effect that the dead cannot hear those who call upon them and explicit in stating that their supplication is Major Shirk.

Some of them might say: we dont believe that these saints and righteous people have the power to benefit or harm, we onl take them as intermediaries who will intercede with Allah on our behalf, and through them we get closer to Allah. Our reply to them is that the idolaters before Islam use to hold a similar belief, as is mentioned in the Quran.

"And they worship besides Allah things that hurt them not, nor profit them, and they say: "These are our intercessors with Allah." Say: "Do you inform Allah that which He knows not in the heavens and on the earth?" Glorified and Exalted is He above all that which they associate as partners with Him." (10:18 )

This verse is explicit in proving that whoever worships and supplicates other than Allah, he is a Mushrik even if he believes that those other beings cannot benefit nor harm, but only sees them as intercessors.

Allah said about the idolaters:

"And those who take Auliya (protectors and helpers) besides Him (say): "We worship them only that they may bring us near to Allah. Verily, Allah will judge between them concernin that wherein thery differ. Truly, Allah guides not him who is a liar, and a disbeliever (39:3 )

This verse is explicit in proving the disbelief of those who call upon other than Allah with the intention of getting thereby closer to Allah.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said:

"Because supplication is worship." (Tirmidhi)

4. Among the nullifiers of Belief is to rule by other than what Allah has revealed; if it is accompanied by the belief the Allah's Laws are inapproprialte or less appropriate, or that man made laws which contradict them are equally appropriate; Allah said:

"The command (or the judgement) is for none but Allah. He has commanded that you worship none but Him, that is the ture straight religion, but most men know not (12:40 )

"And whosoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed, such are the Kafirun (disbelievers- of a lesser degree as they do not act on Allah's Laws) (5:44 )

In case the ruler is applying the law other than what Allah has revealed, while believing that the revealed Law is the only Ligitimate Law, but he contradicted it on the basis of personal whim and inclnation or because of what he considers to be external pressure beyond his control, then he is unjust and tyrannical or corrupt, but he did not cross the line of disbelief, this is according to the statement of Ibn Abbas (raa) who said:

"Whoever repudiates what Allah has revealed, then he surely disbelieved, while one who accepted it (while acting in contradiction to it) He is unjust and corrupt."

This is the interpretation of the verse chosen by the great exegaete Inb Jarir At Tabari, And Ata said with regard to the second state:

"A level of disvelief below the level which takes one out of Islam."

As for those who suspended the Laws of Allah and replacced them with man made laws which oppose them, believing in the validity of their man made laws, they have disbelieved and gone out of Islam, by the consensus of the scholars.

5.Among the nullifiers of Belief is displeasure with Allah's Legislation, or the opinion that it is too confining and strict or that it imposes undue hardship. Allah said:

"But no, y your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you Judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission." (4:65 )
Or to dislike the order which is revealed, as Allah (swt) said:

"But those who disbelieve (in the Oneness of Allah) for them is destruction, and (Allah) will make their deeds vain. That is because they hate that which Allah has sent down (this Quran and islamic laws) so He has made their deed fruitless (47: 8, 9, )

#9 muhajjabah1

muhajjabah1

Our Sister

• Members
  • 97 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 12 March 2005 - 09:20 AM

Masha'Allah there is a new book available in English called "Things that Nullify One's Islam" - translated from Imaan ibn Abdul Wahhaab's famous treatise. This edition has explanation from Shaykh Fawzan on 7 tapes too!! You can buy it from the TROID bookstore.

#10 Sister Kamillah

Sister Kamillah

Active Sister

• Members
  • 5,633 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 12 March 2005 - 10:44 AM

asalamu alaikum,

thank you for telling us about this book, it sounds like it would be a very important book to read, I like the work from this Imam on the aspects of Tauhid.

to continue

3. Shirk in Allah's Attributes nullifies Iman (belief/faith)

This third category includes denial of some or all of Allah's Attributes or His names or their deprecation.

1. It nullifies Belief when a believer denies the Names of Allah or His Attributes which are established by the texts of the Quran and the authentic Sunnah; for example to deny that Allah's Knowledge is total, or His Power or His Life or His Hearing or Sight or Speech or Mercy or His Establishment over His Throne or His transcendence above it, or His Descent to the lowest heaven or that He has a Hand or an Eye or other than that of the Attributes which befit His Splendour and which do not resemble the attributes of anything in creation. Allah said:

"There is nothing like unto Him, and He is the All-Hearer, the All Seer." (42:11 )

In this verse Allah denied His Resemblance to His creatures, and attributed to Himself the faculties of hearing and sight; and all His other Attributes must be undrstood in the same way.

2. It is an error and misguidance to interpret some of His affirmed Attributes, and to divert the meaning of the words used to describe them from their primary meaning in the Arabic language to obscure meanings, like the interpretation of the word Istawa which means ascension and establishment above something, to mean Istila which means to take power. Imam Bukhari in his Sahih transmitted the authentic interpretation of Istawa from Mijahid and Abud Aliyah, two of the prominent scholars amoung the Tabi'in the successors of the Sahaba. The diversionary interpretation of Allah's Attributes leads to their denial. As the interpretation of Istawa meaning to take power is, in fact, a denial of one of Allah's Attributes, which is Allah's Elevation above His Throne, which is established in numerous places in the Quran and Sunnah. Allah said:

"The Most Beneficent (Allah) Istawa (rose over) the  (mighty) Throne (in a mannner that suits His Majesty)." (20:5 )

And Allah (swt) said:

"Do you feel secure that He, Who is over the heaven (Allah) will not cause the earth to sink with you (67:16 )

And the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said:

"Allah recorded a Book which is with Him above the Throne." (agreed upon)

This type of interpretation of the Divine Attributes is a form of distortion as Sheikh Muhammad Amin Shinqeeti states in His Book Studies in the Divine Names and Attributes on page 26.

"To sum up the issue, I would like to make two points. First the interpreter should consider Allah's Statement to the Jews:

"Say Hittatun" (2:58 )

Hittatun means repentance, they added a leter N in it and said Hintatun (meaning wheat) Allah called this addition a change. Allah said in Surah Al Baqarah:

"But those who did wrong changed the word from that which had been told to them for another, so We sent upon the wrong-doers Rijzan (a punishment) from the heaven because of their rebelling against Allah's Obedience. " (t. At Tabari, Vol I, p305)

Likewise are those who interpret Allah's Attribues with diversionary interpretation, it was said to them Istawa so they added an L and said Istawla. Consider the resemblance between the L they added and the N the Jews added (this point was originally mentioned by Ibn Qaiyim).

3. There are certain Attributes which are exclusive to Allah like Knowledge of the unseen, which no one in creation possesses. Allah said in His book:

"And with Him are the keys of the Ghaib (all that is hidden), nowne knows them but He." (6:59 )

Allah might reveal certain aspects of the unseen to his Messengers through Revelation when He wants; Allah said:

(He Alone) the All Knower of the Ghaib (unseen) and He reveals to none His Ghaib (unseen) except to a Messenger  whom He has chosen (He informs him of unseen as much as He likes). (72: 26,27)

Among the statements of disbelief and error is the statement of the poet Al Busairy in Qasidah Bursairy in Qasidah Burdah describing the Prophet.

"Verily, from you generosity is the world and its rival (that is the Hereafter) and a part of your knowledge is the knowledge of the Tablet and the pen."

This world and the Hereafter are certainly part of the creation of Allah and from His Generosity, not from the generosity or creation of the Messenger as the Poet claimed.

Allah (swt) said:

"And truly, unto Us (belong) the last (Hereafter) and the first (this world) (92:13 )

And Allah's Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) does not know what is in the Preserved Tablet, nor what the Pen wrote, as the poet claimed. since this is part of the absolute unseen, which no one knows except Allah. As the Quran mentioned:

"Say: None in the heavens and the earth knows the Ghaib (unseen) except Allah." (27:65 )

As for the saints, it is only logical that they have less access to knowldge of the absolute unseen as they do not even have access to direct Revelation by which Allah informed His Prophets and Messengers of certain aspcts of the unseen, because Revelation does not descend on saints; it is reserved for Prophets and Messengers, so whoever else claims knowledge of the unseen, and whoever believes their claim, has nullified his belief in Islam.  The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) siad:

"Whoever goes to a fortuneteller or astrologer and believes what he says he disbelieved in what was revealed to Muhammad." (Ahmed)

Occasionally the predictions of the fortunetellers do turn out true, but part of that is due to chance, because they are guessing and trying to extrapolate on what they already know. If they were really truthful in their claim to knowledge of the unseen they would be right all the time, and they would have informed us of the secrets of the Jews and they could have uncovered all the buried treasures of the earth and they would not be dependent on the people for money, taking their wealth from them under false pretenses.

#11 khadi1

khadi1

Active Sister

• Members
  • 8,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 12 March 2005 - 01:43 PM

Assalamou aleikoum wa Rahmatoullah wa barakatou,

Ah, dear sis Kamillah, this was my FIRST book ever on Islam that I bought, all these years ago....

I'll recommend it anytime, anywhere.... unfortunately, I do not have a copy at the moment ,because I kept giving it away....

I WOULD SAY : A MUST.....(AND NOT SO NEW, Smile)

user posted image

Jazakallahu khayr sister, for posting from it......

May Allah reward you in good ... ameen.

#12 jumanalulu

jumanalulu

Our Sister

• Members
  • 474 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 12 March 2005 - 08:40 PM

asalamu alaikum sis

actually either way whether u learn how to pray or if u say ur shahada is the same because in prayer the shahada is said.  whether u have time or not its up to you to consider urslelf a muslim or not.  No body expects u to learn how to pray right after u say ur shahada. i dont know how to pray and ive been a muslim for what now 16 yrs

no one can actually say to u that u are a muslim or that your not because that will be between u and Allah subhana wa tala

when someone searches for religion there are 2 types of people

the people that search for a religion that they want to fit in or seems suitable for theyre everyday life

and the people that search for the truth

Part of being a muslim is Prayer and it is one of the most aspects of being one because it distinguishes a nonmuslim from a muslim and a muslim from a nonmuslim

I dont think that i have ever seen a nonmuslim actually stop in the middle of the mall to pray or have that much respect for thier god

The reason for prayer is for purification, inner peace in ones self, the rememberance of allah, the submission to allah your creator

so if u are wondering whether u should say ur shahada or not think of what Allah would think of you when u declare his existance not what we will think or anyone else will think of you.

like i said before this is between you and allah subhanawatalah

besides when someone says the shahada they just dont say it to say it the say it with their whole body their mind heart and soul because that is the only way u can prove to urself what actually is true out there

for me i wish that i could pray i try my best to learn and like they say when u struggle that is when u are closest to allah because he is helping you on the way

if u want to know from my oppinion about what u should do
i think that u should say ur shahada because if u ever die u can die with the truth and whenever u have those 2 min 5 min 10 min of free time look up some resources on how to pray.  

take care sis
and whatever u decide to do
we will be there for u

w'salaam

#13 Sister Kamillah

Sister Kamillah

Active Sister

• Members
  • 5,633 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 13 March 2005 - 07:10 AM

asalamu alaikum,

sister jumanalulu I think you posted your reply in the wrong thread?

Sister Khadi, yes this is a book that a person that does dawah can never keep, but to tell you the truth, I have given so many of my books away, that I now keep my books and order new ones for people I want to give books. And as you know this Book can be used through out as a source for this subject of Iman and Islam.

to continue

4. Defamation of Prophets Nullifies Iman

This fourth category is the rejection of any of the Messengers of Allah or defaming their characters,these are the following:

1. To deny the Message of Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) because the testimony that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah is one f the pillars of Belief.

2. To disparage the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) or his truthfulness, or his faithfulness in discarge of what he was entrusted with, or his chasteness or to revile him or make fun of him or make light of him or to find fault with any of his documented behaviour.

3. To attack his authentic Ahadith (transmitted sayings) and disbelieve them, or to reject the true news which he has described for us including his documented prophcies such as the appearance of th Dajjal or the descent of Jesus (peace be upon him) who will rule by the Sahriah of Muhammad and other prophecies documented in the Quran and Sunnah, after accepting the attribution of the Ahadith to the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) as being authentic.

4. To deny any of the Messengers sent by Allah before Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) or to deny the stories and sayings in regards to them and their nations, as reported in the Quran or by the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) in authentic Ahadith.

5. To claim Prophethood after Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) for example Ghulam Ahmed, the Qadiani, who claimed Prophethood, while the Quran says in the verse:

"Muhammad is not the father of any man among you, but he is the Messenger of Allah, and the Last (end) of the Prophets. (33:40 )

And the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said:

"I am the last one after whom there will be no Prophet."(agreed upon)

And anyone who believes that there is a Prophet after Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) whether he is a Qadiani or from any other group, he disbelieved and nullified the Belief.

6. To descrie te Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) with attributes which belong to Allah only, such as unlimited knowldge of the unseen, as some Sufi claim. One of their poets said:

"O (total) knower of the unseen, we resorted to you; O cure of the hearts, blessing to you."

7.  To supplicate to the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) for what only Allah has the power to bestow, such as supplicating for victory and help, cure of illness etc. as is happening today among the Muslims especially among the Sufi as their Poet, Al Busairy said.

"Whoever, by the Messenger of Allah gits victory, if a lion meets him in the forest: never did time impose on me a hardship and I sought his protection except that I got his protection and no harm came to me."

This conception of the station of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is SHIRK contradicting the unequivocal announcement of the Quran.

"And there is no victory except by the help of Allah." (8:10 )

And contradicting the order of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him):

"When you ask, ask from Allah, and when you seek help, seek the help of Allah." (Tirmidhi)

So what should we think about those who attribute to "saints" knoledge of the unseen, or make a Nadhr (a vow to give charity or perform some other optional good deed) for their sake or dedicate animal sacrifices to them or ask of them what may only be requested of Allah, such as sustenance or cure of illness, or victory, etc? No doubt, these are Shirk.

8. We do not deny the miracles that appeared from the Messengers of Allah nor those charismata that came out from the saints, but what we deny is making them partners with Allah, supplicating them as we suppicate Allah, and dedicating sacrifies to them, and undertaking a regime of optional worship for their sake. It has otten to the point that the graves of some ostensible "saints" are showered with donations which are appropriated by the custodians and servants of these shrines, who divide them among themsleves consuming peopl's money under false pretenses, while surrounded by mulitudes of poor people who dont get enought to eat for a day.
One poet said: "Our living dont even get a Dirham (a coin of silver). While thousands and thousands go to the dead."

***Must be noted that saint worship, grave worship and saying that there is a Prophet after the Prophet Muhammad all nullify Islam and Iman (belief). In order to be a Muslim a person MUST BELIEVE IN THE 6 ARTICLES OF IMAN THIS IS WHY IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW THESE IN DEPTH and also to be a Muslim the 5 pillars of Islam are so important and this is why it is important to know these pillars in depth. For these are the foundation of the religion to build on. We as muslim must know that it is an obligation to learn our religion.
Kamillah

#14 sarah_anisah

sarah_anisah

Active Sister

• Members
  • 4,408 posts
  • Interests:Islam, my children

غير متواجدة

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:52 AM

Assalamu Alaikum

JazakAllah khair sister Kamillah... subhanAllah I have just ordered this book AGAIN (I think this is maybe the 4th time I have bought it as I always give it away  :roll: ) and am awaiting its delivery.

QUOTE(Sister Kamillah)
sister jumanalulu I think you posted your reply in the wrong thread?  

This is in answer to the 3rd post in this thread :wink:

Sarah

#15 Guest_AmeenahB_*

Guest_AmeenahB_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 13 March 2005 - 05:33 PM

Asalaamu Alaykum biggrin.gif

Sister Sarah Anisah???? where sis you order the book from??? because I would really like it also, InshaAllah.

#16 Sister Kamillah

Sister Kamillah

Active Sister

• Members
  • 5,633 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:23 PM

asalamu alaikum and peace,

dont know how I missed your post nevaluv, if you know that you believe in the 6 articles of Iman than go ahead and say your shahada with the intention to learn how to pray. After you say your shahada than it is truly easy to learn how to pray. Insha-Allah. Ask someone at the mosque to help you with this. At the time you say your shahada set up with the Imam to find you someone who could show you in a few lessons. And then you can begin Salat (prayer). I would not wait to say the shahada because this is the first pillar of Islam, is declare that you believe that there is Only One God Worthy of Worship and the Prophet Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.  Then the next step is to learn how to pray. Just take one step at a time. Salat is very important and Allah (swt) makes it easy to learn. insha-Allah

kamillah

#17 sarah_anisah

sarah_anisah

Active Sister

• Members
  • 4,408 posts
  • Interests:Islam, my children

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 March 2005 - 10:31 AM

Assalamu Alaikum

QUOTE(AmeenahB)
Asalaamu Alaykum biggrin.gif  

Sister Sarah Anisah???? where sis you order the book from??? because I would really like it also, InshaAllah.

I am based in the UK so i ordered from www.talibah.co.uk but I am sure (if my memory serves me correctly) you are not in the UK???? I have located the book for you on www.darussalam.com

user posted image

Brief Overview

What every Muslim must know about his religion.
The author has discussed thoroughly the five pillars of Islam (Aqidah, Salat, Saum, Zakat and Hajj) according to the Qur'an and Sunnah. He also covers the other important topics like Taharah, the life of the Prophet, Hadith studies, etc., with references to Quranic text and Sunnah of the Prophet. This is a highly valuable book for every Muslim.

Price:$7.00 (hardback)
$6 (paperback)

Pillars of Islam and Iman

InshaAllah this helps :wink:

Sarah

#18 Sister Kamillah

Sister Kamillah

Active Sister

• Members
  • 5,633 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 15 March 2005 - 02:31 AM

asalamu alaikum,

thank you for posting the book sister sarah, not much money for a book with so much knowledge stored between it's cover.

Kamillah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users