7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Sabr_*

Guest_Sabr_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 23 April 2004 - 04:40 PM

Assalam alaiykum

Sisters I'm USELESS in the kitchen but Alhamdullilah my husband never complains! Anyway I so want to be able to cook GOOD food for him as I know he loves a good curry so does anyone know how to make meat pulao I think that how it is spelt basically it is meat with rice in (a pak/indian dish) as he love good homemade akistani food the way his mom and sisters use to cook bless him Inshallah I have to get better can you guys help me out plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#2 sarah_anisah

sarah_anisah

Active Sister

• Members
  • 4,408 posts
  • Interests:Islam, my children

غير متواجدة

Posted 23 April 2004 - 11:23 PM

Assalamu Alaikum
You need to enlist the help of MrsKhan for this one...
There are many different ways of making pilau and each person that has shown me, has their own preference. Some prefer it dry others moist  :?
My husband only likes his mums pilau (and of course my version  laugh.gif ) which is a bit of a hint from about 5 different recipes all rolled into one  laugh.gif .
I am sure the recipe for lamb pilau has been posted before, I will try to find it for you InshaAllah!!

Allah Hafiz
Sarah

#3 Guest_Sabr_*

Guest_Sabr_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 24 April 2004 - 10:16 AM

Mrs Khan are you out there???????????????????????????
Sister Anisah were in the u.k. are you from I am from the east Midlands

#4 sarah_anisah

sarah_anisah

Active Sister

• Members
  • 4,408 posts
  • Interests:Islam, my children

غير متواجدة

Posted 24 April 2004 - 11:34 AM

Assalamu Alaikum
There are a few sisters from your "neck of the woods" as they say laugh.gif , I am now from up North (but originally from daan Saaf - down south for those not familiar with the British accents  :wink: ), near Manchester to be precise...

Allah Hafiz
Sarah

#5 fathma

fathma

Our Sister

• Members
  • 939 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 24 April 2004 - 11:43 AM

Assallamu Alaikum sister,

i am from Birmingham, But i used to live in Nottingham ..
As for the rice, Sister sarah is right there are too many variations  :shock:
Some people 'cook' the rice in  the oven, But Mine doesn't work :evil:  so I have to hav it a little 'moist'
Inshallah I will try and help you but I seem to 'make it up as i go along' when i cook..
I will wait for sister ''Mrs Khan'' cause she will probably give you the best ideas,
I'm sure you will manage fine, let us know how it turns out..,
Take care sister,
Allah haffiz

#6 shining_lights

shining_lights

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,781 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 24 April 2004 - 12:04 PM

[i]Asalaam Alaikum Sister-

Sister sabr-Heres the recipe for meat pulao ....i am sure tht mrskhan will inshAllah be on to give her recipes BUT hey i beat her to it  :wink:  laugh.gif

[i]inshAllah i hope its ok!

[b]500g lamb meat on the bone, cut into pieces.
- 5 cloves
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp. coriander seeds
- 4-5  large cardamom
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 inch piece ginger, roughly chopped

[b]- 400g  basmati rice

[u][i]For Masala
[b]- 1/2 cup ghee or cooking oil
- 1 large onion skinned and sliced  
- 1 tsp. black peppercorn
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 3 large cardamoms
- 1tsp. cumin
- 6 cloves
- 1 level tbsp. fresh gingerpaste
- 1 level tbsp. fresh garlic paste

:arrow: [b]Wash meat thoroughly under cold water tap. In a large heavy based saucepan place the meat, spice, salt, onion, ginger, garlic, bay leaves and enough water to cover the meat 2 inches.  
:arrow: [b]Bring to boil and skim off any scum that rises to the top. Reduce the heat, cover and allow to boil gently for 40 to 45 minutes until the meat is tender.
:arrow: [b]Meanwhile, put the rice in a sieve and wash it thoroughly under running cold tap until the water runs clear. Soak in plenty of water for 30 minutes. Drain in a sieve and let it stand for a minute or two.
Strain the meat and the spices. Reserve the stock. Discard the spices by taking out the meat pieces from it.

[u][i]MAKE MASALA
:arrow: [b]Heat the ghee or oil in the heavy base pan and add the onion, stir frequently, fry to a golden color. Add spices, fry for a minute, add meat, ginger and garlic. Stirring frequently, fry this over medium heat for 5 to ten minutes until the meat turns a rich golden color.
:arrow: [b]While the meat is cooking, measure the stock, it should be 3 1/2 cups. If it is less add more water to make it to required. Add stock to the meat and bring to boil. Place  drain rice in it and parboil for 5-8 minutes or until rice are 34 cooked. Cover with a tight fitting lid, reduce heat to very low and allow to cook for another 7 - 10 minutes until rice is tender.
Fluff up the rice with a fork, then transfer it into to a heated serving dish.
&Serve tongue.gif .

#7 Guest_Sabr_*

Guest_Sabr_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 24 April 2004 - 06:41 PM

Sister is this your own home made recipe as I find that when following recipes from books/pc they never have that homemade taste they seem to be very tasteless or bland am I making sense if not just ignore me sl where in uk are you from?

#8 shining_lights

shining_lights

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,781 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 24 April 2004 - 08:10 PM

Asalaam Alaikum Sister-

Sister this recipe is from online-but its tried and tested and worked fine tongue.gif
i know it may seem a wee bit complicated but it works a treat.
if you want a "authentic homecooking" recipe inshAllah some sister here might help "MRS KHAN????" :wink:

anyway try and see.
I am from the west midlands sister-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users