8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_lemon_*

Guest_lemon_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 20 July 2004 - 06:24 AM

Asalam-o-Alikum,

dear sisters out there hope u could help me on this. actually i love to have long and thick here but instead my hair are weak and they hardly cover my neck. cuz of there weakness i have to cut them. they don't look bad on me. my relatives and friends all say that i look cute. and that short hair suit me. but iam worried cuz they keep falling i have started a medication for it and i think the rate of falling has decreased but still iam really worried sometimes i cant even sleep or eat properly. my mother always comforts me by saying that Allah has choosen this kind of hair for u and there is nothing u can do except then praying and that medication won't do any good. please help me.  :cry:

#2 Nivea

Nivea

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,465 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:31 AM

Salaam Aliekum Dear Sister lemon,

Is your hair falling out or breaking on the ends Sis?  If your hair is very dry and breaking off, you could try a deep conditioner (there are many wonderful suggestions posted up on our boards, MashAllah~~I'll place links at the end of this post for you, InshaAllah).

:idea: If your hair is falling out, it may be a lack in nutrition?  

:idea: If you have very thin hair, this could be caused by heredity.

:arrow: Whichever the case may be, there are steps you can take to have healthy and stronger hair, InshaAllah.

Here are some links for you to read through.  InshaAllah you will find something useful within these pages:

:arrow: http://sisters.islamway.com/modules.php?na...iewtopic&t=5503

:arrow: http://sisters.islamway.com/modules.php?na...iewtopic&t=4051

:arrow: http://sisters.islamway.com/modules.php?na...iewtopic&t=5902

:arrow: http://sisters.islamway.com/modules.php?na...iewtopic&t=4743

:arrow: http://sisters.islamway.com/modules.php?na...iewtopic&t=5882

#3 mrskhan

mrskhan

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,379 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:39 AM

assalamalaikum,
The best remedy for falling hair is .....
Mix Olive oil and coconut oil in equal proportions.
heat it on low flame till it is warm.
apply warm oil with a cotton ball all over the scalp so that the oil reaches the  roots of the hair  
leave overnight.
wash in the morning with a shampoo which has a conditioner.
apply oil atleast 3 times a week.
inshallah it will help u
its my own tested formula
biggrin.gif
  additional care for ur hair will b  :arrow:
take a healthy diet
sply green vegetables....carrots cucumber and cabbages r good for hair
Inshallah i could b of some help tongue.gif

#4 justlistening

justlistening

Our Sister

• Banned
  • 357 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 20 July 2004 - 07:34 PM

Salam Sis,

I noticed that when I started eating honey every day my hair became healthier.  I then read that honey is good for hair.  I used to take it 1 spoon in the morning and one at night.  
Female hereditary baldness is a problem in my family.  I have even looked into hair transplantation.  If you can afford it, it runs from $3000 to $10000.  For most women, it's on the lower end of the price spectrum since we do not get as bald as men.

Femanillah

#5 Mariko

Mariko

Our Sister

• Members
  • 35 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 21 July 2004 - 01:29 AM

Hello, lemon

I don’t know the scientific explanation for this, but my mother always told me that Seaweed, we call it Wakame in Japanese, makes your hair very strong and beautiful black. I think Wakame is rich in Calcium, iodine, and minerals. We have wakame in miso soup almost every morning or sometimes in salad. I don’t know if you can get it in where you live, but maybe you can try! usually the ones in the store are dried. (I think :!: ) so you have to let it reabsorb the water before you eat.
Mariko  biggrin.gif

#6 Ameeraana

Ameeraana

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,447 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 21 July 2004 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE(Mariko)
Hello, lemon

I don’t know the scientific explanation for this, but my mother always told me that Seaweed, we call it Wakame in Japanese, makes your hair very strong and beautiful black. I think Wakame is rich in Calcium, iodine, and minerals. We have wakame in miso soup almost every morning or sometimes in salad. I don’t know if you can get it in where you live, but maybe you can try! usually the ones in the store are dried. (I think :!: ) so you have to let it reabsorb the water before you eat.  
Mariko  :D

as-salaam aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

aaaaahhhh, ya beat me to it!!  hee hee  smile.gif  I was gonna say the same thing  smile.gif   mmm mmmm seaweed...also called nori (dried)and wakame (it is supposed to be in a broth..or softened in a liquid )  yumm yummm I love it all  smile.gif

Ameera

#7 khadi1

khadi1

Active Sister

• Members
  • 8,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 21 July 2004 - 02:23 AM

Assalamou aleikoum sisters,

sea weed.... yes... Have you tried fried sea weed???? yummy
Sorry sis, got sidetracked ....
Ok, to come back to your hair : have you any idea if the water in your area is hard water????
When I was living in France, I used to have really thick hair. After a few years in London, my hair has thinned a lot (and no, it is not just the age  biggrin.gif ) and I am convinced it is the water....
some tips : eat avocado (do not know why, but it does the trick, with all the vitamins and minerals)
laugh.gif

#8 Guest_lemon_*

Guest_lemon_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 21 July 2004 - 07:02 AM

Asalam-o-Alikum,
thanks alot all of you for your advices. i will inshAllah do whatever is possible for me. about hair transplant. Alhamidullilah Allah is great iam not in need of that and inshAllah wont be. I will inshAllah start taking honey its easy thankx smile.gif.
i hope u guys won't mind answering the following questions actually
i have been given an assignment kindly just simply give the
answers. The true answers.

0.Martial satuts
1.name:
2.age:
3.edcuation:  
4.what u like to do the best:  
5.what are your aims and goals:
6.your favourite personality:
7.your least favourite personality:
8.when u are sad what do u do:
9.when u r happy what do u do:  
10.are u satisfied with ur life, if not why?
11.what r ur interests:  
12.today which particular thought dominated you:  

thankx again for the advices
Allah hafiz
may Allah forgive all our sins and fullfill all our desires Ameen

#9 Nivea

Nivea

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,465 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 21 July 2004 - 10:01 AM

Salaam Aliekum Dear Sisters,

Sister Lemon, InshaAllah you find something that works for you.  You may recieve more responses if you posted up your questionnaire on a separate thread, perhaps in the Wives Corner, which is a bit more private as Members only can read there.  :idea:  

Sisters Thank you for all the advices given 'hair' (pun intended. :wink:  laugh.gif )~~Honey actually seems to do the job for me, MashAllah.  (I figure it must be that, since I've been devouring honey by the gallons as of late LOL) Well that, and I now braid my hair and use tons of oil, which seems to help with the health & growth as well, MashAllah biggrin.gif .  
I will try the olive oil treatment, InshaAllah

As Sister Khadi has stated, Area Water may be a culprit behind dry and thin hair. :shock:  :?   I too noticed my hair falling out like crazy since moving~~(and to reiterate Khadi's words:  NO, IT IS NOT THE AGE! InshaAllah. :wink:  laugh.gif )

:shock: Seaweed?  Never ever heard of this one before~~Hmmmm....Learn sum-think new every day :shock:   I'll take your word for it and perhaps try this method as well. InshaAllah.

Shukran Sisters,
Nivea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users