2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_musaafirah_*

Guest_musaafirah_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:40 PM

Asalaamu Alaykum,

I know I had a topic about this before but I just want to be extra sure before I spend the money and I need to buy something ASAP. I have been looking at a variety of carriers such as the Moby Wrap, Sleepy Wrap (essentially the same as the moby), Ergo, BabyHawk, Hug-a-bub, etc and am basically in between the wrap style like the moby or the more carrier style like the Ergo. My son is 1 month old, but since he is preemie, he is only about 7 pounds at the moment. He is a bit colicky and needs to be held ALL the time, which has made it impossible for me to get anything done in the house, cook, or even eat a meal myself without holding him in my lap LOL. He also does not like to sleep in the daytime anymore for more than 15 minute stretches and only sleeps at night because he is being cuddled (I gave up on putting him in his little bed insert thing to seperate us since he refused to sleep away from me even if it was just in a little pad thing inside the same bed and we are now co-sleeping). Even the nice infant swing he has will not pacify him if he wants me to be holding him.

So, basically I want to know what would most likely serve him best. I know the moby is especially good for newborns,  but will it last him when he is a little bigger? Would the ergo work for a newborn? Which is really better for a somewhat clingy baby so that I can get some housework done? Also, I do think I may wear him out too, because I prefer him close to me so I can kind of control who is up and touching him if we go out and such, since his immune system is still kind of weak due to prematurity. My biggest concern with the moby would that the ends are so long that it would be difficult to get on outside without getting it all dirty (and I am pretty clumsy so it is likely I'd end up dragging it a minute before getting it on.

Also, I should add I live in a very hot, humid climate.

Edited by musaafirah, 02 October 2009 - 05:48 PM.

#2 MissPink

MissPink

Active Sister

• Members
  • 6,057 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 02 October 2009 - 07:27 PM

assalamu alaikom

i'm using a ring sling called the over the shoulder baby holder.  it is padded and the "maya" brand is not padded.  i've seen the maya worn and it looks good.  the only thing is that i don't know how practical they are for a 7 pounder.  i started using mine when my daughter was about one month old, and she was born early.  she was probably still under 10 pounds.  i liked it a lot, and she would sleep in it all the time even though she wouldn't sleep on her own.  I'd wear her for 2 hours sometimes... what a blessing!  your right arm will not be of much use to you, so don't expect to be fully functional (reaching in cabinets or folding laundry), but it is a great alternative to having a baby who won't sleep!

#3 ~MissKitty~

~MissKitty~

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,965 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 03 October 2009 - 04:59 AM

Salam alaikum.

I tried several different slings. The ones I liked best were the Baby Hawk, that was GREAT and if I ever had another, I would buy it without thinking twice. I also liked the Hot Sling, but I bought it when my baby was a bit older, and it would have been better for a newborn.

So, if I had another, I would (if I had the money) buy these two. I really liked them.

Is there a store you can go to and try them out before you buy??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users