4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_poise_*

Guest_poise_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:57 AM

Asalaamu Alaikum,

I'm looking for some mango sweets recipes. I know a while back Americansis26 mentioned making mango custard that was a hit. Can I have your recipe for that?

Copy of food-smiley-002.gif  Copy of food-smiley-008.gif

#2 BintCameron21

BintCameron21

Our Sister

• Members
  • 912 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 01 December 2007 - 04:50 AM

asalamu alaykum sis,

One of my aunts is a bit mango obsessed. When we were in the mid-east she kept insisting I try the 'baby' mangos. I had no idea what she meant at the time but it wasnt mango season anyway so I couldnt get them. Anywho, at both of my older sisters' weddings she made these spectacular mango-dressing desserts. It was really easy too, as I helped her make them the second time. Basically she took vanilla ice cream, a can of sliced, mixed fruit (incl cherries) and that thick mango juice that comes in cans, that you cant drink b/c its so thick...not sure what its called. She took fancy dessert cups and put two scoops of vanilla ice cream, trickled fruit around the edges and between the scoops, and topped it with the mango and put a cherry on top.

Alllllll the guests loved it, mashaAllah. And the second time we included chocolate ice cream and that was delicious as well.

Not sure if that's what you needed but hope it helps anyway biggrin.gif

#3 umm j

umm j

Our Sister

• Members
  • 429 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:43 AM

asalam alikum,

the stuff in the can is called mango pulp, and you can buy it in asian stores, i buy it only to make lassi's though sorry.

#4 Mariam!

Mariam!

Our Sister

• Members
  • 332 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:54 AM

Salaam,

I love Mangos! Yummy!!
I found this site, very popular cooking site for recipes. Here is the link:
http://search.foodnetwork.com/food/recipe/...archType=Recipe
Hope it works for you!

Khud Khafiz.

Mariam!

Edited by Mariam!, 02 December 2007 - 12:55 AM.

#5 sisterofdeen

sisterofdeen

Our Sister

• Members
  • 435 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:13 AM

asalaam alikum,
you can try to freeze the juice of sweet mangos( can be found in indian or pakistani stores) in a container and scrap with a fork to shreds and make a "mango granita"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users