4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_SeekRefuge_*

Guest_SeekRefuge_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:03 PM

Salam Alaikum!

I haven't bled in about 6 mos.(due to birth control) Should I be acting as though I have been bleeding and skip my salat accordingly? I 've been making salat. Still, I just want the ruling(if any) on this matter.

Shukron!

Ma'salaama,
Sarah

#2 Barbara

Barbara

Active Sister

• Members
  • 3,843 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:48 PM

Assalam'alaikum,

Sister, I don't know which type of birth control you take, but normally, you should still have your menses.  If you are worried about it, you should call your doctor asap.

As for your question, a woman doesn't pray only when she sees menstrual blood or postpartum bleeding.  If you don't bleed, you keep making your prayers.  

Incha'Allah, I have answered your question.

Barbara:-)

#3 zalsmadi

zalsmadi

Our Sister

• Members
  • 111 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 13 October 2005 - 04:15 AM

yes Sarah keep up the prayers.

r u using the 21 day pill packs?  when ur done the 21 days of pills you're supposed to take 7 days off and than start your next pack.

or was it ur choice not to get ur period?  because i used to do that....take the pill continously without taking the week off.

#4 khadi1

khadi1

Active Sister

• Members
  • 8,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:06 PM

Assalamou aleikoum wa Rahmatoullah wa barakatou,

I have forwarded your question to   www.islamtoday.com  as www.islam-qa.com   only answer questions on Ramadan at the moment.

#5 khadi1

khadi1

Active Sister

• Members
  • 8,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 19 October 2005 - 04:20 PM

Assalamou aleikoum wa Rahmatoullah wa barakatou,

here is the answer:

Fatawa ID
Date:
2005-10-13 23:02:00

Questioner:
Khadija Oum Ismail

Question:

a  sister is asking the following : Salam Alaikum! I haven't bled in about 6 months.(due to birth control) Should I be acting as though I have been bleeding and skip my salat accordingly? I 've been making salat. Still, I just want the ruling (if any) on this matter. Shukron! What do we answer ?  Ameen

Dear questioner:

[font=Times New Roman:441a8645ad]Al-Salâm `Alaykum wa Rahmah Allah wa Barakâtuh.

As long as you are not bleeding, you should not stop prayers or fasts. The rulings of menstruation only apply when menstruation actually takes place.

And Allah knows best.

Fatwâ Department Research Committee of IslamToday chaired by Sheikh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users