9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Pina_*

Guest_Pina_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 10 March 2005 - 01:35 AM

Asselamalakum sisters,
I am new to the group and to the religion. Actually I haven't said my shahada yet and it was very interesting to see a post about another sister that had the same problem I am having right now. I want to say my shahada as soon as possible but I am not comfortable praying yet because I don't know how to very well. I go to the mosque every saturday with my husband and when it's time to pray I feel really bad because I want to join them but at the same time I don't want to make a fool out of myself because I don't know what I am doing. I hope anybody here has some suggestions.  :?  :?  :?  :?

#2 ~MissKitty~

~MissKitty~

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,965 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 10 March 2005 - 06:16 AM

Salam alaikum,

Well, first, welcome to the forum
I think that if you always wait to be ready, you'll never be 'ready' and I think it's whisperings of shaytan that make people feel like they can't say the shahada because they don't know how to pray. I didn't know how to pray when I said it, but, I learned. And, I'm still learning it. You should say it as soon as you can, because, you never know what's going to happen. If you belive that Islam is the true religion, then don't wait, say the shahada! I'm sure your husband would be happy to help you learn to pray, or if he can't, (as it can be hard to have your spouse teach you things...) then I'm sure there's some women at the mosque who are friendly and would like to help.  How many people really knew how to pray before becoming muslim? I'm not sure, but I know more people who didn't (actually I don't know any who did) and they all learned to pray, it takes some time, but eventually if you keep at it, you'll learn.
Say your shahada soon, though, you won't regret it!!!

#3 muslima2002

muslima2002

Active Sister

• Members
  • 3,632 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 10 March 2005 - 08:44 AM

Assalamu'alaykum
Welcome to the forum
We actually have a lot of sites here on the forum that shows how to pray. Let me see if I can locate them.

#4 muslima2002

muslima2002

Active Sister

• Members
  • 3,632 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 10 March 2005 - 08:46 AM

Assalamu'alaykum

Here goes:
http://sisters.islamway.com/modules.php?na...ewtopic&t=10130

This link has got several other links. Hope you can use it, inshAllah

#5 sarah_anisah

sarah_anisah

Active Sister

• Members
  • 4,408 posts
  • Interests:Islam, my children

غير متواجدة

Posted 10 March 2005 - 10:57 AM

[marq=right:fa1ecbe88c]Welcome to Islamway sisters Pina

#6 nevaluv

nevaluv

Our Sister

• Members
  • 107 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 10 March 2005 - 01:27 PM

Hey
and Welcome smile.gif

U sound pretty much like me smile.gif Except i'm not married and only visit mosque sometimes.

I went to the mosque with some friends (born muslim) during ramadan and sort of joined them for prayers. Just doing the movements for practice. And then there was one sister who adviced me more closely about it. So i don't think u'll make a fool of ur self! There's always some helpful sister even if u don't ask!

Good luck

#7 Nejwa

Nejwa

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,803 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 10 March 2005 - 06:55 PM

Salaam Aliekum!

[font=Tahoma:c2bc55d9ce]WELCOME[/font:c2bc55d9ce] to this forum.I look forward to know you and read your posts.

Nejwa smile.gif

#8 zam

zam

Our Sister

• Members
  • 255 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 10 March 2005 - 07:33 PM

Asaalam Aleikum

WELCOME

inshallah you will love it here

zam

#9 Kasey

Kasey

Our Sister

• Members
  • 446 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 10 March 2005 - 08:49 PM

Sister Pina............

[marq=right:9730a89b37]WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!! [/marq:9730a89b37]

By the way where are you living right now if you don't mind me asking...

Take Care..
Kasey

#10 searching

searching

Our Sister

• Members
  • 243 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 10 March 2005 - 11:46 PM

Salam

Hope this finds you well smile.gif

Let me first say...welcome to the site...I KNOW you will find it very useful.

Next:

If your only roadblock to accepting Islam...is learning the pray.

You have NO ROADBLOCK!!!!!

Accept Islam....take that first step to Allah...and Allah will help you with all the rest.  If you believe Islam is the true path.....be ON that path..dont delay for any reason.  What if your feet are taken from you and they never set foot on that path????!!!  

I embraced islam and struggled to learn my prayers (and do them)....I still have much to learn and still struggle at times. (every muslim does)  Taking that first step...willl help with all the rest....each time you struggle you will be rewarded....start earning rewards as a muslim my dear friend.
Take things at your own pace after reverting...know you have a clean start and be careful to keep it clean smile.gif

May Allah guide you and help you always.

peace,

Penny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users