3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_poise_*

Guest_poise_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:35 PM

Asalaamu Alaikum,

This is obscenely good. But if I eat it too often, I'll probably wind up 300 pounds heavier!

Now, there are two ways to do it. The easy way or the hard way. Both are delicious in their own right and I feel that it tends to be most convenient and still perfectly delicious to do it the easy way.

The Easy Way
-----------------
Ingredients:

1 box brownie mix of choice, fudge = good (I use Betty Crocker, original fudge)
1 container cool whip (the kind in the freezer section), softened
1 box pudding mix (it pays to buy the brand pudding in this case, get the bigger of the boxes-there are usually two, a tiny and a medium)
About 1 1/2 cups milk
About 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (you can change the amounts of milk: whipping cream, and you can even use all whipping cream)
Heath bits (they sell this in the baking section, its the crumbled up Heath chocolate toffee bar)

Prepare the brownies according to the directions on the box.
Pour milk into a bowl and slowly add pudding mix. Whip in heavy whipping cream and taste to add more or less.
Take a trifle bowl, nicely decorated bow, or glass container and layer half of the cooked brownies on the bottom.
Spread half chocolate pudding/cream over the top of the brownies
Spread half cool whip over the choc pudding mix
Sprinkle with heath toffee bits
Layer the second half of the brownies, pudding, and whipped cream. Sprinkle more heath toffee bits over the top and VERY IMPORTANT:

REFRIGERATE for a long time. Overnight is good. At least 8-10 hours is best.

Trust me, people will RAVE! Its soooooooooooo delicious and sooooooooooo yummy. Its almost comical how people eating it will assume you've slaved for hours for such a delicious dessert, when in fact it was so simple.

The 'Hard' Way
----------------------
Now the hard way is almost the same except make the fudge brownies from scratch- your own favorite recipe. Make chocolate cream or chocolate mousse from scratch. And make whipped cream from scratch. Top with heath chocolate bits and enjoy your hard work. Yummmmmmmm. Don't forget to refrigerate.

#2 yamina

yamina

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,106 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:41 PM

Assalamu alaikum,

sounds like a very yummy dessert, sis Poise biggrin.gif

Jazaaki Allahu khairan for sharing.

#3 Humble_Muslimah

Humble_Muslimah

Our Sister

• Members
  • 379 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 01 November 2007 - 11:03 PM

salams sis
wat are heath bits some kind of chocolate bar
is there a uk equivalent
jazaakallah

#4 MuslimahMom

MuslimahMom

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,629 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:31 PM

Asalam aliekum,

Heath Bits are a toffee chocolate bar. Hershey's makes one but it's really just chocolate with bits of toffee candy throughout it. In the US it's a Heath bar...they also make baking equivalents in the baking aisle called Bits 'O Brickle which are great when I want to add them to chocolate chip cookies to make like toffee chocolate cookies. They are also a nice topper on cupcakes.

MuslimahMom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users