7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ammena_1981_*

Guest_ammena_1981_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 28 November 2003 - 03:46 PM

Assalamalikum sister,
Congrats on the new job  :wink: I have a question, well I did have loads but Ive forgotten them all. So glad this forum is back, insha allah you will help us with all the millions of questions we all have  biggrin.gif

Ok, so.....
Does a translation of the meanings of Quran that contains the Arabic Quranic text as well classify as a mushaf or can we read from it even when we are impure?

Jazakallah

Loulou                    

#2 Paradise_lover

Paradise_lover

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 28 November 2003 - 08:00 PM

Salam alikom

Question :

Is it permissible to give for Da'wah to the non-Muslims a translation of the meanings of the Qur'aan which accompanies the original Arabic text as well?

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

We put this question to Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen: what is the ruling on giving a kaafir a copy of the Qur’aan containing the text in Arabic and a translation and commentary amounting to half of the content?

He replied, may Allaah preserve him:

“What is known among the scholars is that it is not permissible to give a kaafir power over the Qur’aan (i.e., put it at his disposal), but if a kaafir is sincere in his desire to know more about the Qur’aan, a person can invite him to come to a library – either a public library or his own home library, where he can show him the Qur’aan.”

If you find a translation of the meanings of the Qur’aan without the Arabic text then there is nothing wrong with giving that to a kaafir. And Allaah knows best.

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (www.islam-qa.com)                    

#3 Paradise_lover

Paradise_lover

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 28 November 2003 - 08:02 PM

Salam alikom

Question :

I am trying to convert some Christians and "Free thinkers" into Islam and they seem to be interested in knowing what is in the Qur'an. They have both read the Bible and they believe it is Holy, but with contradictions. I, however told them that the Qur'an unlike the Bible has no contradictions  in it and that it contains all the information about this World and the hearafter that they need to know. They are however yet to believe.As a method of proving this, I was going to buy them each a copy of the Holy Qur'an translated by Muhammad Asad. They have promised to read it and tell me what they think. Do you think this is a good idea?

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

A translation of the meanings of the Qur’aan is not considered to be Qur’aan, and it does not have the same status in all aspects. Rather it is like a tafseer (commentary, exegesis) of the Qur’aan in Arabic, which explains the meanings and assists in understanding. On this basis, it is permissible  to give the kuffaar a translation of the meanings of the Qur’aan, without the Arabic text, and it is permissible for them to touch a tafseer in Arabic.

(Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 4/133)  

On this basis, it is permissible for you to give them this translation. May Allaah help us and you to call people to His way in a good manner. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.islam-qa.com)                    

#4 Guest_ammena_1981_*

Guest_ammena_1981_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 28 November 2003 - 08:54 PM

Assalamalikum,

Thanks for finding these fatwas sister. So could you just confirm with me, they mean that a copy containing arabic text is just as precious as a whole arabic quran? So I cant read it while I am unpure.

Jazakallah                    

#5 Paradise_lover

Paradise_lover

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 28 November 2003 - 08:57 PM

Salam alikom

Inshallah sister I will have the exact answer  to your question in a few days time.

Take care
Amira                    

#6 Paradise_lover

Paradise_lover

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 28 November 2003 - 11:24 PM

Ruling on touching books or magazines which contain verses of the Qur’aan for one who is menstruating or in a state of impurity following sexual activity (i.e. junub)

Question :

I know that it is not permissible to touch the Mus-haf (copy of the Qur’aan containing Arabic text only) unless one has wudoo’, but does this ruling apply to single verses or books of Tafseer (Qur’aanic commentary) or books of Seerah (Prophet’s biography) etc?

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.  

It is not permissible for a person who is in a state of impurity to touch a single aayah because the ruling on that is the same as the ruling on the Mus-haf. But if there are other things written alongside the aayah, as in books of Tafseer and Fiqh, then the ruling depends on which is the greater; if there is more Qur’aan than anything else, then it is haraam to touch it without wudoo’, but if there is more of writings other than Qur’aan, then it is permissible to touch it.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “Anything on which there is Qur’aan comes under the same rulings as the Mus-haf if there is only Qur’aan on it, but if other things are written on it as well as Qur’aan, then the ruling depends on which is the greater. It is permissible to touch books of tafseer, hadeeth, fiqh and essays in which there is some Qur’aan.” (Sharh al-‘Uddah, 1/385).

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.islam-qa.com)                    

#7 Paradise_lover

Paradise_lover

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 29 November 2003 - 05:58 PM

Salam alikom

Question:

Salam alikom. What is the ruling on menstruating women touching and reading from Quran translation that contains the Arabic text (Example: one page the Arabic text and the next page the english translation). Is it classified as Mushaf? Jazakom Allaho Khairan.

This is the answer of Sheikh `Abd al-`Azîz b. Baz

There is a disagreement among the scholars regarding women’s reciting Qur’an during the state of menstruation. Some scholars ruled that she may not recite Qur’an as she is in same state like Junub, the person who made sexual intercourse and did not wash yet.

However, women are allowed to recite Qur’an from her memory as there is no evidence on the contrary. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said to `آishah when she was passing menses during Hajj: “Do as the one performs Hajj does but do not make tawâf around Ka`bah until you become pure”. It is known that the one who performs Hajj reads Qur’an and the Prophet (peace be upon him) did not exclude reciting for women passing menses.

Sheikh Ibn Bâz’s personal opinion on a menstruating woman holding the Qur’ân – and the opinion favored by IslamToday.net – is as follows:

The Answer:

This the answer of Sheikh `Abd `Azîz b. Baz

In case a woman during her menstrual period needs to touch the Qur’ân for educational or other valid reasons, then this will be permissible provided that she uses some covering for her hands like gloves or something else.

This the answer for your second question by Sheikh `Abd Allah b. Jibrîn:

A woman in her menses may carry a book of commentary of Qur’an where the text of the Qur’ân is mixed with other text or a translation. She may also read in books containing Qur’anic verses.

Fatwâ Department
IslamToday.net                    

#8 Guest_ammena_1981_*

Guest_ammena_1981_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 29 November 2003 - 09:31 PM

Assalamalikum sister,

That is exactly what I needed, jazakallah

Fi Amenallah
Loulou