scared

13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mushroom555_*

Guest_mushroom555_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 05 November 2005 - 12:31 AM

my story is kind of confusing, i was brought up a christian, i lived in morocco for a year and i changed and became muslim , i prayed and i was covered. during the time in morocco i met a man , we were planning for marriage but because of family problems and stress we broke it off. i ended up moving back to america, and my grandparents constantly cornered me asking why i changed, telling me i would have never changed if it werent for my traveling, well i took off my hijab and i started going to church again, it felt great singing the songs and listening to the sermons, i ended up getting baptized and becomming christian again, my family was of course over joyed about this, after a while that i changed yet again my mom became christian again also . she has also became muslim while in morocco. not too long ago i started talking to the man i had been planning marriage with from morocco , and we hit it off and i fell in love with him. we were married this past october. he needs me to be muslim for God and i started reading the quran with him every night and we were married in islam after being married on paper. this is the same man that had seen me in hijab and had loved me for so long , he tells me i need to do what God needs. but after all my changing im so confused. my mom now dislikes islam on almost every level because of the way she was taught by a very abusive man. i just need advice. how can i be right with God and become what he wants if i dont know what that is, and how do i deal with my mother after all the times i swore i would never be muslim again , because i know she would say if i changed now that it was only because of my husband. help me...

#2 hopyawe

hopyawe

Our Sister

• Members
  • 93 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 05 November 2005 - 05:13 AM

Assalam Alikom
I'm so sorry for your troubles.  I am a revert to Islam-for one year now elhumdulillah, and I also was Christian.  Islam is so beautiful because it is so simple and clear, so if you're confused it's not because of Islam-it is most likely from culture or choices you've made.  Choices-everything that happens is because of choices we make, and the beauty of Allah (swt) is that he allows you that choice.  Personally I don't think I could possibly understand how once you knew th truth (Islam) how you could return to Christianity-because you know it's wrong.  I suggest you do some serious sincere soul searching, and ask Allah to guide you.  Insha'allah Allah will make it easy for you if you try.  Don't forget to be flexible in your religion and with your life-and keep it simple-and read the Qu'ran everyday because it keeps your heart alive.  
Kim

#3 *Amal*

*Amal*

Our Sister

• Members
  • 53 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 05 November 2005 - 07:28 AM

Assalamu alaikum,

I'd like to welcome you and say

Keep Strong!

sorry I'm in a hurry now and I hope I can come back again for mare detailed reply.

user posted image

user posted image

#4 Veronica

Veronica

Our Sister

• Members
  • 292 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:59 AM

If you really believe in God and want to follow the truth whatever it is, then you should ask God to please let you know what is true and then you should follow it no matter what!!

It sounds like you rely on others too much. Stop that. People are always going to change, so if you base your faith on them you'll never find peace. Clear your head of everything and just pray to God sinceraly. Turn to Him with your confusion. You faith is between you and God and no one else.

#5 muslimsister

muslimsister

Active Sister

• Members
  • 5,197 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:30 AM

Good day Mushroom,
The most important thing you can do right now is educate yourself about Islam from good Muslim books.  That way the step you will take will be based on solid knowledge and not trying to please your husband or any one else in this world.  The reason we are here on this earth is to worship Allah.
The only way you can be convinced that Islam is the truth is to delve into it and understand it from proper sources.  If you just work on emotions your base of faith will be easily swayed by other emotions.  
There are many good books, and the most important is the translation of the meaning of the Qur'an.  After that, the story of the life of the Prophet and hadeeths are very important to read.  There are many different translations of the meaning of the Qur'an; some good, some not. One I personally like is the translation by Saheeh International,  http://store1.yimg.c..._1869_741247988
A good biography of the Prophet's life is: When the Moon Split user posted image

For hadeeths, this collection of hadeeths from Riyadh as-Saaliheen looks very nice,Collection From Riyad-us Saliheen (With Commentary on Ahadith) Mubarakpuri Safi-ur-Rahman:   user posted image

#6 Peace4all

Peace4all

Active Sister

• Members
  • 3,016 posts
  • Interests:Writing reading and comparative study of religions and crazy about computer graphics

غير متواجدة

Posted 06 November 2005 - 11:28 AM

As Salamu Alaikum

Masha Allah good advice and reference books from Muslimsister.

Sister Mushroom remember that we as individuals are responsible for our actions before Allah (God)

You can still be married to your husband even if you do not accept Islam.

Read and Research as much as you can and Insha Allah, Allah will open your heart to the truth and remove all your confusion.

Take care
salams

#7 Um_Malik

Um_Malik

Our Sister

• Members
  • 403 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:31 AM

hello there mushroom,
I agree with muslimsister's advice. I would like to add that no one can offer u the truth.. the only way to find it is to search urself for it and not adopt others' opinions on islam or anything in life. Even if ur husband helps u learn about islam, it is more fullfilling for u to learn urself by reading in authentic sources. U will need to ask about things that u do not understand but at least u will be confident that u r getting all the info u need urself.
It seems like the first time u became muslim, u may have dont it for the wrong reasons (to please the man u were to marry maybe?)..ur quick return to christianity gives me that impression. Start ur search for the truth not to please or satisfy anyone but God and to save urself. May God guide u to the truth.

#8 sarah_anisah

sarah_anisah

Active Sister

• Members
  • 4,408 posts
  • Interests:Islam, my children

غير متواجدة

Posted 08 November 2005 - 08:36 AM

I was just wondering how you are doing now Mushroom555?

If you have any other questions or concerns at all please feel free to share them with us and the sisters here will do our best to help  :wink:

Sarah

#9 Guest_mushroom_*

Guest_mushroom_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 08 November 2005 - 03:12 PM

thank you all for all of your advice. just on my way to discovering what God needs from me in this life and i pray he can guide me in the right way . all i have to do is try

#10 Ola

Ola

Active Sister

• Members
  • 7,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 08 November 2005 - 05:52 PM

Assalmu alikum,

Dear sister, the sisters have given you good advice, alhamidulilah. May Allah subhana wa tala help you, increase you (and all of us) in knowledge and keep you steadfast on the striaght path.

I just wanted to comment on the statement below:

just on my way to discovering what God needs from me in this life

Dear sister, Allah subhana wa tala does not need you, you need Him.  :wink: maybe you meant what God has commanded you to do.

Here's an article I'd like to share.

[size=18]Creation is in need of Allah

[b]by Shaykh Sālih as-Sālih

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Man always looks for what benefits him and what protects him from harm. However, to accomplish this, man must be able to realize what is harmful. He must then know whom he should need, trust, and love so that he can attain what is beneficial as well as to feel good about his choice. He also must know the proper and good approach that would make him achieve this goal. This latter condition requires that man:

1. Know about harm

2. What ways can be used to drive harm away Certainly, man can have no better guidance than that which comes from the One Who had perfected everything, and the One who Has no deficiency in Himself and in His Attributes. The One Who is Ever-Living and Who does not die. There can be no One better than the One Who Has no need for anythingHe is Allaah, the True and only God. Man can bring harm to himself if he seeks other than Allaah for help. Allaah is the One Who can help man drive away any harm for it cannot occur without His Will and His Power.

Allaah (SW) sent down His Books and chose His Messengers to guide man to:

1. Know His Lord as He (SW) had explained about Himself, and
2. Seek Him Alone while living in accordance with His plan

Knowing Allaah's Names and Attributes liberates man from worshiping any form of creation because creation is weak and is in need of The Creator, Allaah. The knowledge about Allaah leads man to know that he is created to live according to Allaah's way as revealed to the last Messenger Muhammad . This Revelation contains a complete code of life. Everything that is beneficial or harmful is established so that man can center his life around this Revelation. If man commits wrong and knows that Allaah is Oft-Forgiving he would turn to Him and to Him alone seeking His forgiveness:

"Know, therefore, that there is no God Who deserves to be worshiped except Allaah; and ask forgiveness for your sins." [Qur'an, 47:19]    

It is wrong to think or believe that Allaah created other 'gods' besides Him so that man turns to them for help; loves them or fear them, etc. He is the same God of all nations. He does not order that people should make of stars, sun, fire, Jesus, Moses, etc. gods besides Him. He (Most Exalted) cannot be 'contradictory'. He has one way (religion) that calls man to surrender his will only to Him. He warned that if man (even Muhammad would take partners with Him, then his work will fail and will be among losers:

"And verily, it had been revealed to you (O Muhammad ) as has been revealed to those before you. If you join others in worship with Allaah (then) surely (all) your deeds will be in vain and you will certainly be among the losers. Nay! But worship Allaah and be among grateful." [Qur'an, 39:65-66]    

Let us know what Muhammad , the man-Prophet, who knew Allaah best, used to say:

"O Allaah, I seek refuge in You for Your Pleasure and against Your Wrath,and in Your Forgiveness and against Your Punishment and in You from You, I cannot Praise You as You can Praise Yourself." [Muslim, Abu Dawoud, at-Tirmidhi, ibn Majah]

"I have surrendered myself to You, I have directed my face to You, I have entrusted my affairs to You, I have compelled my back to refuge in You, in want and in fright of You, there is no resort nor survival from You except (in turning) to You. I have faith in Your book (i.e. the Qur'an) which You brought down and in the Prophet (Muhammad ) you have sent." [Al-Bukhari, Muslim]

When we read in the Qur'an that:

"Whatever of Mercy (i.e. of good), Allaah may grant to mankind, none can withhold it, and whatever He may withhold, none can grant it thereafter. And He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise." [Qur'an, 35:2]    

And when we read that:

"If Allaah touches you with hurt, there is none can remove it but He; and if He intends any good for you, there is none who can repel His favor which He causes it to reach homsoever of His slaves He will, and He is the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." [Qur'an, 10:117]    

We should be motivated to return to Him Alone at times of ease and at times of hardship.

And when we read that:

"If Allaah helps you none can overcome you, and if He forsakes you, who is there, after Him, that can help you. And in Allaah (alone) let believers put their trust." [Qur'an, 3:160]    

The Qur'an, therefore, leads man to a true liberation from any false attachment. It brings peace to the heart. It helps the believer against hypocrisy and all forms of dishonesty. Imagine, for example, a believer facing a problem at work. He sees wrong and faces unlawful practices. He does not fear rejecting what is wrong. He knows that the job is only a means to gain his sustenance. While he may be unable to correct what is wrong, he knows well that Allaah is the One Who provides. If he leaves his job for the sake of Allaah, Allaah will give him a better one. Allaah (SW) said:

"And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him. He will make a way for him to get out (from) every (difficulty), and He will provide him from (sources) he could never imagine." [Qur'an, 65:2-3]    

The above texts, necessitates that man must depend upon Allaah (SW) asking Him Alone for assistance. It also requires that man must love Allaah and worship Him Alone to gain His pleasure and His help. Is it not true that the people who consider this life as the "Final Goal" end up worshiping many things in it? You see them so careful about "having it all". They torture themselves: pain, difficulty, constant worry, keeping their hands in the banks for loan after loan to keep up with the "demands of development". They are under the constant threat of fore-closure. They constantly see poverty in front of their eyes. The Prophet said:

"Allaah says: 'Son of Adam: Fill your time with My worship and I will fill your heart with richness, and end off your poverty. But if you donot, I would make your hands fully busy (i.e. in worldly affairs) and I would not end off your poverty.'"   

Our purpose of existence on earth is more meaningful than being slaves to worldly gains. There can be no meaningful life better than that prescribed by our Creator Allaah. Every act done according to Allaah's way is an act of worship. Man is the beneficiary and Allaah is in no need:

"O mankind! It is you who stand in need of Allaah, but Allaah is Rich (Free of all wants and needs), Worthy of All Praise."

source: www.islaam.net

#11 *Amal*

*Amal*

Our Sister

• Members
  • 53 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 11 November 2005 - 04:45 AM

Dear mushroom555,

Believe me no body knows Allah the REAL an Perfect knowledge and ever thinks of changing his religion of Islam, I'm sure of that. So, please, don't repeat your mother's fault and start increasing your knowledge about Allah: the meaning of His 99 names, His mecy and His torture (may Allah protect me and you and all Muslims from Hell-fire). Begin from these three things then have a beatiful omarah to Makkah . Let it be a journy of a new birth. Practice the real spirituality of Islam. If your knowledge is good about Allah, you'll feel happiness which you haven't ever experienced!!
Keep coming to this forum and ask for advice all the time. In Qura'an, Allah tells those who are away from Him that He will make them live in AGONY in this world and in the hereafter they will become BLIND. Everyone of them asks Allah: Oh, my Lord! Why am I blind while I was not in the previous world?!! Allah replies: you forgot our signs (ayat) when they came to you and hence you've been forgetton today!

Don't worry, you are in the first step. Continue your jounrney of knowledge.Give it a try now!

I pray that Allah will guide you and comfort your heart.

Keep us updated about you.

#12 D A L I

D A L I

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,327 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 11 November 2005 - 04:10 PM

Assalam Alikom
I'm so sorry for your troubles.  I am a revert to Islam-for one year now elhumdulillah, and I also was Christian.  Islam is so beautiful because it is so simple and clear, so if you're confused it's not because of Islam-it is most likely from culture or choices you've made.  Choices-everything that happens is because of choices we make, and the beauty of Allah (swt) is that he allows you that choice.  Personally I don't think I could possibly understand how once you knew th truth (Islam) how you could return to Christianity-because you know it's wrong.  I suggest you do some serious sincere soul searching, and ask Allah to guide you.  Insha'allah Allah will make it easy for you if you try.  Don't forget to be flexible in your religion and with your life-and keep it simple-and read the Qu'ran everyday because it keeps your heart alive.  
Kim

Assalamu alaikum,

Sis you took the words right out of my mouth. I"m a revert of only 1year and 3 1/2 months and when I first reverted I went through a lot of confusion and I felt that I was being pulled back and forth between Islam and Christianity but you know what sis that's not because of God....that's because of ourselves and because of the people around us. My whole family is Christian except for me and that's why I felt a lot of confusion after my reversion from the things they were telling me.

Yea sometimes I miss the songs especially since I used to sing at church and on top of that the songs were very spanish-gospel if you can imagine. However, when I find that I miss those things I stop and I think of all the things I would miss of Islam! I would miss everything about it...i personally would go back to feeling incomplete and to me it's not worth it to miss everything just because I missed ONE thing from my past. Allah leaves certain things in us for a reason...HE's not ready for us to change that thing. However ALLAH leads us to new places because that's where HE wants us to be sis.

If you truly want to find the truth and find God's pleasure and know where He wants you to be then my best advice is this.... SEPARATE YOURSELF FROM EVERYONE...SPIRITUALLY AND ONLY CONCENTRATE ON YOUR FEELINGS AND ON ALLAH. DO NOT TELL ANYONE (MUSLIM AND CHRISTIAN ALIKE) OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING BECAUSE THEN YOU WILL GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO INFLUENCE YOU. WHATEVER YOUR FINAL DECISION IS IT SHOULD BE FROM YOUR HEART AND ONLY FROM THERE. GIVE YOURSELF ATLEAST A MONTH ALONE WITH ALLAH AWAY FROM ALL RELIGIOUS TALKS WITH FAMILY AND SO ON. DON'T GO TO CHURCH AND DON'T GO TO THE MASJID JUST TAKE THAT TIME TO EVALUATE EVERYTHING IN YOUR MIND AND HEART. READ BOTH THE QURAN AND BIBLE AND FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOURSELF....THE TRUTH WILL STAND OUT TO YOU...I PROMISE THAT.

BUT FIRST AND FOREMOST TAKE A DEEP BREATH SIS AND PRAY TO ALLAH...IN WHICH EVER WAY YOU FEEL MOST COMFORTABLE PRAYING AND FROM YOUR HEART ASK FOR HIM TO OPEN YOUR EYES, EARS, MIND, AND HEART TO HIS WORD AND WILL AND TO GUIDE YOU TO THE TRUTH. ASK HIM FOR PROTECTION FROM SHAYTAN AND HIS FOLLOWERS AND FROM ALL THE EVIL IN THIS WORLD. ASK HIM TO CARRY YOU WHEN YOU FALL BECAUSE YOU WILL FALL A LOT ALONG THE WAY BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY ASK HIM FOR WISDOM SO THAT IN YOUR SEARCH YOU MAY SEE THE SIGNS CLEARLY AND UNDERSTAND THE WORDS HE WILL SPEAK TO YOU.

Our Prophet Muhammad (sallahu alayhi wa sallam) even needed to take long periods of time away from people to spend in contemplation with Allah so that he may hear Allah clearly. If even the Prophet (sallahu alayhi wa sallam) had to do that can't you imagine how much more we need to do that??!?!?! :wink:  Just take that time sis....Allah is OBVIOUSLY calling you to His Throne for a meeting....if you keep pushing it away then He will only confuse you more until you realize that you can't figure things out on your own....YOU NEED ALLAH's Help!!!!!! So take Him up on His offer and spend some time ALONE with ALLAh. There is no better guidance.. I can assure you of that. :wink:  Insha'Allah I hope my words helped you sis.

#13 pacific

pacific

Our Sister

• Members
  • 12 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 30 November 2005 - 11:24 PM

That was a wonderful and very wise advice, Dali biggrin.gif

Couldn't agree with you more.

The best of luck to sister mushroom.  Inshallah, she will grow strong in her deen and find the way :wink:

#14 MissPink

MissPink

Active Sister

• Members
  • 6,057 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 01 December 2005 - 12:15 AM

Assalamu alaikom

Masha'Allah sister Dali.. You've inspired ME!!!  smile.gif

Mushroom, may Allah guide you to the right path and make it clear for you.   Put your trust in Him.  

There are excellent articles and topics in this forum that you can learn from, insha'Allah.  Also, while you learn, make sure your sources are authentic and not just anyone's opinion or interpretation.

Please keep us posted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users