9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Samiraaa_*

Guest_Samiraaa_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:25 AM

Salaam aleikoum,

As some of you might know I suddenly got an urge to get married. As if that wasn't enough I want to learn how to cook, clean etc. etc.IPB Image

IPB Image
IPB Image

IPB Image

Anyway I was wondering whether someone has simple recipes. It would be nice if they were from different parts of the world. I want to keep like a diary and say what went good and what went wrong so that I can learn from it and maybe also other people. Please help lol unsure.gif ...

Lots of love,

Samira

Edited by Samiraaa, 15 October 2007 - 10:35 AM.

#2 Sister_Sonia

Sister_Sonia

Our Sister

• Members
  • 767 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:09 PM

Assalaamu Alaikum,

LOL, Thatz such a cute post!

When I was learning to cook, I usually just watched my mom in kitchen and what she was doing.
I think I was more of a burden  rolleyes.gif with all my questions...Why are you adding salt? Why are you boiling the eggs? Why? Why? Why?

Anyways, once I got the hang of a few things here and there, I just went and searched for recipes online.

I love this particular site: http://allrecipes.com/
I dunno if you've been to it though.  
I just type in whatever I have in my fridge and it spits out a recipe that comes closest to using those things as my ingredients.

Anyways, it's not easy at first, but my mom keeps telling me it gets better, even with all my burns and cuts!   wacko.gif

Oh yeah, Experiment! That's the best part!  I know I take leftovers and make them into a whole new meal, tastes even better!  happy.gif

Have fun!

#3 Guest_Samiraaa_*

Guest_Samiraaa_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:18 PM

Salaam aleikoum,
Thank you for your reply,,,usually when my mother says help me in the kitchen i dont feel like it and when i want to help her she wants me to get lost tongue.gif So I have to see how this works out lol. I will try something tomorrow. Thank u for the link i will take a look at it biggrin.gif
Lots of love,
Samira

#4 StarryFaith

StarryFaith

Our Sister

• Members
  • 171 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:54 PM

Salam alaikum,

www.startcooking.com biggrin.gif

#5 Guest_Samiraaa_*

Guest_Samiraaa_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 24 October 2007 - 09:02 AM

Salaam aleikoum,
Jazak Allahu khayran sis. I will be trying some recipes soon. My family and I are fasting so my mother doesn't like me playing around in the kitchen before maghreb lol tongue.gif . So when everyone's done I'll start insha'Allah thank you all for your repices and replies!! Love you! wub.gif
Lots of love,
Samira

#6 umm j

umm j

Our Sister

• Members
  • 429 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 24 October 2007 - 03:53 PM

salam alikum,

hey sis samiraa i was just thinking about you!  biggrin.gif  I kept meaning to reply to this post, my advice go invest in a slow cooker!
Lol, you really can cook anything in them with little effort and hassle go and check out the slow cooker post inshallah f you have'nt already.
I remeber your moroccan, i have some good moroccan friends who have taught me bits of moorccan food and cooking at each other houses, harira for one can be done in the slow cooker as well as the seven vegetable thing you eat with cous cous.

well that's my two pennies worth.....have fun (slow) cooking! he he.....unlesss let me guess you like things cooked fast! quicker you can eat!  biggrin.gif

salams
umm junaid

#7 Guest_Samiraaa_*

Guest_Samiraaa_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:29 PM

Salaam aleikoum,
lol someone was thinking of me tongue.gif can you use instead of a slow cooker a tajin? unsure.gif Isn't it if you leave something cooking for too long all of the vitamins and stuff get out?? mellow.gif I made chicken today lol my mother needed help so I helped her. biggrin.gif She made her yummy fish and I made chicken that you can prepare in 5 minutes. It was good alhamdullilah. My brothers didn't even noticed that I made it  blink.gif Plus they didn't say anything bad about it so I'll just take it as a compliment LOL. I thought those sites were very cool. When mommy isn't home I'll just type in what's in the fridge and suprise her with something,,,,maybe with a burned kitchen lol,,,maryam I will also try your recipe as soon as possible! And startcooking.com is also very nice. I saw today's video she couldn't have explained it better!!:D So I will let you know when I make something insha'Allah biggrin.gif .
Lots of love,
Samira

#8 Ag11

Ag11

Active Sister

• Members
  • 4,059 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:09 PM

sallam allaikum,

the best thing is to watch ur mom...i actually never watched my mom and so i learned how to cook from watching my mom in law.

#9 amina1983

amina1983

Our Sister

• Members
  • 795 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 24 October 2007 - 10:23 PM

Asalamu alaikum,

I agree with ag11 all the way (as usual wink.gif ). You cannot imagine how much a wealth of information your mother is, many girls didn't learn how to cook only because mummy didn't teach them!! You have to tell your mother that you love her food so much and its so delicious that you reallly want to learn to cook from HER so that your dh one day will be as happy as your family is wink.gif if that doesn't work I don't know what will! What I know is that if a girl doesn't know how to cook in morocco they look straight at her mum lol!!

ma'salama
*Amina*

#10 americansis26

americansis26

Our Sister

• Banned
  • 2,822 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:29 PM

Salams Sis

In order to learn how to cook just lean right into it. Once again i will state that age 9 or so i started cooking. I did watch my mom and grandmas. But i just got out a cook book, read the recipes, found one that i liked and tried to make it. My mom did help with some of the cutting but i did it myself. And well it was a flop. But  just kept trying and trying. Watching and learning. of course this was only when i wasnt out climbing trees or playing out in the back fields all day or paying in the barn.

But it takes time to learn. If you get the basics down then everything else is simple. It will take trial and error. And trust me you will set the smoke alarms off ( iknow i did LOL)

But just keep practicing. Try something simple like home made spaghettie sauce and noodles. Make bbq chicken. Make your own bbq sauce and grill/bake a cut up chicken. For a side dish make baby red potatoes w/ butter and parsley. Make some dinner rolls and some chocolate mousse for dessert topped with whip cream or berries.

Easy enough.

Sis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users