#1 Guest_olive75_*

Guest_olive75_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 29 December 2005 - 01:29 PM

[size=18]Assalamu Alaikum To Everyone

I want to ask few Question

1: R we suppose to give zakat on jewelry  which we normaly wear?

2: If some one has more gold then the perscribe limit then she is suppose to pay zakat on the exceeded amount of gold or on the whole?

Allah Hafiz

#2 khadi1

khadi1

Active Sister

• Members
  • 8,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 29 December 2005 - 03:06 PM

Assalamou aleikoum wa Rahmatoullah wa barakatou,

Inshallah you are fine and well, dear sis.
I have the answers to both your questions from Sh. Al Munajjid.   but right now, I have to go and cook and feed  my family..lol
Inshallah, as soon as I am free, I'll post them for you. biggrin.gif
In the meantime, I'll lock your post to remind me that I have to post the answers ... biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

#3 khadi1

khadi1

Active Sister

• Members
  • 8,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 30 December 2005 - 08:58 PM

assalamou aleikoum wa rahmatoullah wa barakatou

Inshallah , the following will help.

[marq=left:5c2ee6dd7a] Question #64: Minimum amount (nisaab) required to pay zakat in dollars

[font=Times New Roman:5c2ee6dd7a]
Question :

I live in the united states. How much is Nesab el-Zakat in US dollars?

Answer :

Nisaab ul-Zakat for naqd (gold and silver) is defined as the minimum amount of naqd specified by shari’a below which one is not required to pay zakat, whereas if one’s wealth exceeds it then zakat becomes incumbent.

And it is known that zakat ul-maal (wealth) in shari’a is required for the two types of naqd—gold and silver—and what serves their function in modern times (commonly referred to as cash), whether it is dollars or riyals or pounds or otherwise.

Nisaab for gold as our Prophet (peace be upon him) has informed us (and for currencies made from gold) is 20 mithqaalan, a measure which is equivalent to 85 grams of pure gold (1 mithqaal = 4.25 grams). It becomes incumbent upon anyone who owns such an amount in any form to pay zakat on it in the amount of 2.5%.

Nisaab for silver and currencies made from silver is 200 dirhams, which is equivalent to 595 grams of pure silver (1 dirham = 2.975 grams). Likewise, it becomes incumbent upon anyone who owns such an amount in any form to pay zakat on it in the amount of 2.5%.

It is well known that there is a noticeable disparity between the value of nisaab for gold and that of silver in our times. The best and most conservative for a poor person is to assess how many dollars he has that have been in his possession for a complete lunar year (Hijri, which is 354 days). If the amount reaches the value of nisaab for silver or more, then he should pay from it for every 1000 dollars, 25 dollars (i.e., 2.5%) to be spent in the prescribed benficiaries as specified by shari’ah, and we ask Allah to aid us and help us succeed in haqq il-maal wa salla allahu ala nabiyyana muha

Note you can find the current price of gold and silver via the internet, such as on the following page:

http://www.tradeshop.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/r...c/aipm/gold.cgi

Islam Q&A
    Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid   www.islam-qa.com  [/font:5c2ee6dd7a]

#4 khadi1

khadi1

Active Sister

• Members
  • 8,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 30 December 2005 - 08:59 PM

Assalamou aleikoum wa rahmatoullah wa barakatou,

[marq=left:08ae9cade7]Az-Zakah on Jewellery is obligatory on its Owner

[font=Times New Roman:08ae9cade7]Question:

My wife has gold that she wears that reaches the minimum amount required for Az-Zakah. Is there any Zakah due on it? Is paying its Zakah obligatory on me or on my wife? Is Az-Zakah given from the jewellery itself or is its value determined and then Az-Zakah paid according to the value?
Answer:

Az-Zakah is obligatory on jewellery that is made of gold and silver if its weight reaches the minimum amount required for Az-Zakah, which is 20 Mithqal of gold and 140 Mithqal of silver. The minimum amount of gold in the current currency is equal to 11 (and three sevenths) Saudi Junayhs. If the gold jewellery reaches this amount or more, Az-Zakah must be paid on it, even if it is only for wearing according to the most correct view of the scholars.

The minimum amount of silver required for Az-Zakah is 56 Saudi Riyals (of silver). If the silver jewellery reaches this amount or more, Az-Zakah must be paid on it. The amount of Az-Zakah to be paid is 2.5% of gold, silver and sale merchandise. This is 2½ out of 100 or 25 out of 1000. Any amount more than this is calculated in this way.

Az-Zakah is due upon the woman who owns the jewellery. If her husband or other than him pays it on her behalf with her permission, there is nothing wrong with that. It is not obligatory to give the Zakah from the jewellery itself. Rather, it suffices to pay its value every time a year passes on it. This is according to the value of gold and silver in the market at the completion of the year’s time. And Allaah is the Giver of success.

Shaykh `Abdul-`Azeez Bin Baz
Fatawa Islamiyah, DARUSSALAM, Vol.3, Page Nos. 180/181[/font:08ae9cade7]

[url=http://www.fatwaislam.com/fis/index.cfm?scn=fd&ID=375]SOURCE

#5 khadi1

khadi1

Active Sister

• Members
  • 8,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 30 December 2005 - 09:03 PM

Assalamou aleikoum wa Rahmatoullah wa barakatou,

[marq=left:507560e01e]Question #101: Paying zakat on total wealth not just the amount greater than nisaab

[font=Times New Roman:507560e01e]Question :

Should the Zakat be paid from the WHOLE money you have (if more than elnisab) or from the amount you have beyond elnisab (the remains from subtracting the nisab from the whole money) ?

Answer :

Al-hamdu lillah (all praise be to Allah). Al-Khiraqi (rahimahullah) said: "If it (nisaab al-zakaat) is reached then a quarter of 1/10 is due upon it and upon whatever exceeds it, no matter how small." Ibn Qadama (rahimahullah) in explaining this statement said: "Meaning that if the amount of silver has reached 200 (which is the nisaab of silver in dirhams as has been discussed in question # 64) and the dinars 20 (which is the nisaab for gold in the units of mathaqeel [ see also question #64]) then one is obligated to pay zakaat upon it one quarter of 10 percent, as this has been established by his (the Prophet's , peace be upon him) saying 'for silver, one fourth of one tenth' " (Al-Mughni ma'a al-sharh il-kabeer, 2/600)

As for the meaning of the rest of the statement that what exceeds the nisaab no matter how small, it means that 1/4 of 1/10 (i.e. 2.5%) is also due upon this surplus difference. Thus, the overall meaning is that if monetary wealth surpasses the amount of nisaab, then zakaat is due upon it all, and not upon the surplus only, nor upon the amount of nisaab only, but on the total. Note that zakaat must be paid on the excess amount over nisaab, regardless of how small. This is the opinion taken by Malik and al-Shaafi'i and jumhoor al-ulemaa'. (see the source quoted above)

Islam Q&A
    Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid  www.islam-qa.com

#6 khadi1

khadi1

Active Sister

• Members
  • 8,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 30 December 2005 - 09:11 PM

Assalamou  aleikoum wa rahmatoullah wa barakatou

[marq=left:782e4700c8]The ruling of Az-Zakah on Jewellery, Diamonds and precious Stones

[font=Times New Roman:782e4700c8]Question:

I am a married woman and I am almost 30 years old. For approximately 24 years I have had pieces of gold that are not kept for business. They are only for beautification and some times I sell them. Then I add some money to their price and buy better jewelry. Now I have some jewellery and I have herd that it is obligatory to pay Az-Zakah on gold that is kept for beautification. Thus, I would like a clarification of this matter for myself. If Az-Zakah was obligatory on me what is the ruling of the past period of time during which I did not pay Az-Zakah on the jewellery? This is while keeping in mind that I am not able to estimate the amount of gold that I had during all of these long years.

[b]Answer:

Az-Zakah is obligatory on you from the time you knew it was obligatory on you to pay Az-Zakah on jewellery. Whatever occurred before that in the previous years before your knowledge of this, then you do not have to pay Az-Zakah for it. This is because the Islamic laws only become obligatory after they are known. The amount that must be paid is 2.5% if the jewellery reaches the minimum amount required for Az-Zakah, which is 20 Mithqal (gold). This is equivalent to 11.5 Saudi Junayhs. If gold jewellery reaches this amount or more, then Az-Zakah must be paid on it. For every 1000 Junayhs, 25 Junayhs is due. In reference to silver, its minimum amount before Az-Zakah is due is 140 Mithqal, which is equivalent to it of monetary currency. The amount that must be paid is 2.5% just like with gold.

In reference to diamond and other stones, no Zakah is due on them if they are for wearing. However, if they are for sale, then Az-Zakah is obligatory on them according to their value in gold and silver if they reach the minimum amount required for Az-Zakah. And Allaah is the Giver of success.

Shaykh `Abdul-`Azeez Bin Baz
Fatawa Islamiyah, DARUSSALAM, Vol.3, Page Nos. 178/179[/font:782e4700c8]
[url=http://www.fatwaislam.com/fis/index.cfm?scn=fd&ID=347]SOURCE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users