Why do you live in a Non-Muslim Country??

95 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_AmeenahB_*

Guest_AmeenahB_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 13 December 2004 - 08:46 PM

Asalaamu Alaykum,

well sisters I have a question and in no way am I trying to start an argument or anythg of the sort, This may be personal and private to some, but for those who wish to answer please know that I am a revert myslef and i am curious about these things and finding out others answers helps me to make decisions also.

I want to know what stops you from living inside a Muslim country?
this question is directed to all muslims living outside a muslim country whether your a revert or not....and I would like to know if anyone is planning on living in a muslim country in the future?, InshaAllah.

#2 Luka

Luka

Our Sister

• Members
  • 753 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 13 December 2004 - 09:01 PM

Salaam aleikum

To turn the expression a bit... Its not i could if i would, but I would if I could... I am a revert to islam. And i have my family here, my past, my everything. I know the language, i can do my job here, i am happy here. Its nothing difficoult here, i like it. Norway is my home, i know no other home.

I have two kids, and their father is living here in Norway as well. I am obliged by law to not move more than 50 kilometre away from him, if i do that, they can stop me with the law if he dont agree. He want more than anything to be with his kids, we have shared custody too, to be sure that kids stay with him enough too. He is Algerian, but he has no plans of going back any time soon. He cant handle the life there, he got too used to life here in Norway hehe... So there is another tie i have to Norway. And i cant robb my kids from seeing their family here either.

And to make things even harder, i married a revert. So where should we go? lol. I dont have a husband who is from a muslim country in order to go live there... Maybe i should have thought of that first when choosing a husband laugh.gif but i did not, i wanted to marry only with a revert or a bro from Balkan or someone who grew up here, for numerous reasons.

Thats mainly why i live in Norway. And also, here is safe for children. Not much crimes, its quiet unless you live in the capital... Wich i HATE. I live in a suburban area to the second largest city here. Its nice. I live in a very "Norwegian" neighbourhood, with silence and good schools, good comunications, near to shops etc. Its not dirty, not much traffic... My kids go to nice daycare and school not far away, alhamdulillah... I like to breath the clean air here... To go to the mountains... I cant go live in another country i think. I want to, somehow. But then i think about what i would loose by moving, and forget it soon again. This is home.

#3 Allah Meri Tauba

Allah Meri Tauba

Our Sister

• Banned
  • 609 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 13 December 2004 - 10:07 PM

Assalamu alaikum,

Soon I will move away from here (Australia :roll: ) & move to a much nicer Muslim filled country InshaAllah..

Annoying interfearing relatives.. :roll:
If I could go right now then I would!
InshaAllah soon soon sabr sabr..

.and I would like to know if anyone is planning on living in a muslim  

Yea cause like Australia makes me angry  :x

Do we really need to see everyones private parts & this & that just because we want to go out to the shops or something? This is the latest 'fashion' :x & its one thing in a list of many bad & annoying dirty things.. :x

This year I had visited with my Muslim relatives..where they were living 5 times a day you could hear Azan(call to prayer)..It was sooooo beautiful..Its so nice to hear it loud in your house where ever you are Allllaaahuuu akkkbaaaaar...Allllaaahuuu akkkbaaaaar makes me :mrgreen:

Just taking that reason living in a Muslim country would be better than here (for me) & plus instead of you being like the minority you are the majority biggrin.gif & everyone around you is muslim biggrin.gif & food is all Halal & you actually have holidays for Eid.. :mrgreen:

If Allah gives me the chance to go then I will never come back here again to live ever ever never ever InshaAllah  :!:

#4 rayofhope04

rayofhope04

Active Sister

• Members
  • 7,428 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 December 2004 - 12:59 AM

Assalamualaikum,

My parents want me and my brother to get an education from here (US) and my dad works here. Plus all my dad's family is here and we have a lot of friends here...and I was born here and lived here my whole life so I know a lotta people..

I really would like to live in Saudi Arabia but I heard you can't become a citizen of Saudi even if you're born there unless you have Arab blood in you  :cry:

Inshallah Allah swt will allow us to practice Islam everywhere on the face of this earth Ameen

-Zahra

#5 Guest_karolin_karima_*

Guest_karolin_karima_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 December 2004 - 07:10 AM

Asalamu alaykum Sister!

I think a lot of revert would live in a muslim country coz there u get more respect and u can practise ur religion better, but there are others things also what u have to consider. What is ur home where u feel well, for example me I miss my Sister very much inshaAllah after finishing her studies she will be near me. Second thing is my family lives in Europe and they are not muslims and we musn't care only about ourselves our jobb is to make dawa to our family all our life, and how to do this from far away? And there are a lot more things, and do u think all the muslims in the world could live in that some muslim countries? I do not thing so. And I believe very much that dawa is very important and especially we who are reverts can understand how important is it to guide the others to islam. if u go to a muslim country u will forget dawa and help other people to find the right way. This is my opinion. I do not know any muslim countries, but I like Europe.

Karima

#6 Sister Kamillah

Sister Kamillah

Active Sister

• Members
  • 5,633 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 December 2004 - 10:30 AM

asalamu alaikum,

It is not that I do not want to live in a muslim country and it is not that we have not tried to apply for jobs in a Muslim country because we have(saudia arabia and kuwait).  It seems as though Allah (swt) is keeping those doors closed for us, He is the Most Wise.
I believe if your are strong in your deen, you can live anywhere in the world. but it is better to migrate if you can.Just as long as you can practice the religion of Islam freely where you are at and stay away from things that are not from islam. I live out of the fitnah and away from everything. I like it this way. I sometimes feel it is time to find some land on a mountain and raise some sheep. just write about islam from a remote place . I am serious when I say this. This is one of my dreams.

Kamillah

#7 yamina

yamina

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,106 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE(rayofhope04)

I really would like to live in Saudi Arabia but I heard you can't become a citizen of Saudi even if you're born there unless you have Arab blood in you  :cry:  

Assalaamu alaikum,

I don't know about KSA, but here in Kuwait you can't get the nationality unless you're of Kuwaiti descent, it doesn't matter if you're Arab or non-Arab.

Yes, there are many good things about living in a so-called Muslim country but, in my humble opinion, you can never feel truly at home in one unless you're a citizen of that country. Like here I don't have any social rights whatsoever and if the authorities one day cancelled or wouldn't renew my residence permit, I would have no right to remain in this country. It's a very small chance that that would happen, but there are people who go through enormous hassle to process their papers, because they're from certain countries.

Yamina

#8 Allah Meri Tauba

Allah Meri Tauba

Our Sister

• Banned
  • 609 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:46 PM

Assalamu alaikum,

I don't know about KSA, but here in Kuwait you can't get the nationality unless you're of Kuwaiti descent, it doesn't matter if you're Arab or non-Arab.  

Yep Saudi is the same..

You can stay as long as your Husband/Father has a job there but when its over..bye bye! wink.gif

About dawah..you can still give dawah to your family I think..
It doesnt mean you are never going to see them again..you can visit & they will visit & how great a dawah is that to visit your Islamic household in a beautiful Islamic country smile.gif

#9 Noor67

Noor67

Our Sister

• Members
  • 763 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 December 2004 - 07:41 PM

Asalaamu Alaikum

As another sister said, my whole life is here (family, history, job, etc.). I am in the US. Since I've never been to a Muslim country I can't say that I would or would not wish to live in one, but I know that I would miss my family terribly. Insha Allah, my husband and I will be taking our (almost) 6 month old to Morocco next month, so I'll have to get back to you biggrin.gif .

Salaam,
~Noor

#10 Eshal

Eshal

Our Sister

• Members
  • 11 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 December 2004 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE(AmeenahB)
Asalaamu Alaykum,  

well sisters I have a question and in no way am I trying to start an argument or anythg of the sort, This may be personal and private to some, but for those who wish to answer please know that I am a revert myslef and i am curious about these things and finding out others answers helps me to make decisions also.

this question is directed to all muslims living outside a muslim country whether your a revert or not....and I would like to know if anyone is planning on living in a muslim country in the future?, InshaAllah.

Walaikumusalam
'where ever Allah wills, we'll go' .. thats what my parents say n i agree with em .. what stops me from living inside a muslim country? nothing big but my dad has a job here in canada which is perfect Alhumdulillah for my whole family .. but if he gets a job somewhere else then we'd be moving there ..  biggrin.gif

#11 umm_mohammed

umm_mohammed

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 December 2004 - 11:04 PM

Assalamualaikum,

why do i live here in non-muslim country?
Because all my family and husbands family are here and this is where we were born and brought up.
Having said that, it is my intention that inshallah we can someday move to a muslim country. Inshallah, inshallah.
Living in Medinah would be nice, i think. 8)

fi amanillah

#12 mother

mother

Our Sister

• Members
  • 17 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 December 2004 - 11:09 PM

assalamu alaykum sisters
me my husband and six of our kids (i was expecting too) left England earlier this year with the intention of migrating fissibillillah to theUEA however we found the life there prohibitively expensive,the weather soooo hot (we arrived in high summer) the schools a dissapointment and found we were surrounded on the one hand by gross consumerism and on the other by injustice and equality for a large section of the community(namely those from Asia and Africa). Before our visas ran out we returned to England, we made a lot of dua asking Allahswt to place us in a better situation and Allahu akbar we are now living within a community where it is easy to practice your deen. So until we build our eeman high enough to move to my husbands country (very soon inshallah) we have found a temporary refuge, it is so easy living here as long as you can keep away from what you know will bring you harm.Alhamdulillah i dont have to work and my children are all home schooled so im kind of removed from "reality". May Allah swt make it easy for all that can/want to make hijra to be able to do so, but we plan andAllah plans and He knows what is best for us.

#13 Guest_AmeenahB_*

Guest_AmeenahB_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 December 2004 - 11:22 PM

biggrin.gif Asalaamu Alaykum

JazakumAllahu Khairan sisters for your replies biggrin.gif  

InshaAllah oneday I also would like to live in a Muslim country....InshaAllah.......but currently it is not something that be can done for many of the same reasons as most of you have stated.

#14 nisaa

nisaa

Our Sister

• Members
  • 272 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 15 December 2004 - 05:00 PM

salam,
          al-hamdulillah sister good question. me.... i would love to move. yes my family and my husbands family is here, but i would feel much better as a muslim in a country where the sisters without hijab were the odd ones not the way it is here in america.  my husband would not want to go for good but time will tell and allah knows best insha allah he will atleast consider. honestly i dont want my children to be like ones in the west it is tooo hard to kepp them from the sinful things which are not even tabboo but encouraged over here. its crazy, and sad too. ....nisaa

#15 Katrin

Katrin

Our Sister

• Members
  • 518 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 15 December 2004 - 05:20 PM

Salam alaikum,

I live here, because both my husband and I are trying to finish up our educations.....
I donŽt like it here (1. because my family lives in the US... and 2. because the people here are significantly less tolerant than one might expect...).
Eventually, weŽd planned on moving to Syria, but weŽre not sure when.

Ma salaama,

Katherine

#16 UmmAsiyah1211

UmmAsiyah1211

Our Sister

• Members
  • 109 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 15 December 2004 - 05:45 PM

as salaamu alaikum
i am living in this country USA because my family is American.  inshaAllah when the education is done, and the money is saved, we will be able to move to a muslim land for the sake of Allah, the Hijrah.

As Salaamu Alaikum

#17 tygrss

tygrss

Our Sister

• Members
  • 931 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 15 December 2004 - 05:50 PM

Assalamu alaykum.

I live in the US because my  husband and I are from the US, our families are from the US and we work/go to school in the US. Every freedom that I want is here (In June Insha'Allah I will graduate from  medical school and will begin residency right after)-I can work where I want, shop when I want, etc. Yes, it would be nice to have everything stop for Salat, etc, but I haven't had a real problem with it so far.

Of course, if/when Allah (swt) wills for my dh and I to move to a Muslim country in the future, then that's what we'll do, Insha'Allah. But, that's a conversation for another day.  :wink:

Good topic BTW!  biggrin.gif

ETA: I'm also concerned with the idea that in some countries, like KSA, you can never be a citizen. It especially concerns me that you can be booted once they don't need your father/husband's job. What about me and my job?

Could someone please shed some light on the status of women working and having a professional life in countries like KSA, UAE, etc?

I would appreciate it. I sincerely want to know.

Thanks.

#18 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 16 December 2004 - 11:37 AM

salaamu alaikum

I think i live here cuz i feel home and i love life here.....

I'm free to do what i want and i have the advantage to live in a western
country...

i think that's all..

#19 yamina

yamina

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,106 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 16 December 2004 - 12:21 PM

Could someone please shed some light on the status of women working and having a professional life in countries like KSA, UAE, etc?

Assalaamu alaikum,

here in Kuwait, you can easily work, but there are disadvantages, one is that you cannot put your husband on your residence permit, so he has to work as well.

If you've any questions I'll try to answer insha'Allah.

Yamina

#20 Badreya

Badreya

Active Sister

• Members
  • 11,922 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 16 December 2004 - 01:38 PM

Salam alaikum, I live in the United States because my father brought me here.
I've lived on 3 continents and visited 4 - each continent is completely diff.
Europe/NearEast/Africa/South and North America.
I love South America BUT it has become so crime ridden that alhumdulillah we left.  I miss it though - it's a very exciting place to live in.  Very down to earth places!

Things I miss from Muslim country:
The roosters crowing
The Adhan
The sisterly companionship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users