6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_AmeenahB_*

Guest_AmeenahB_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 17 December 2004 - 06:41 PM

biggrin.gif Asalaamu Alaykum

sad.gif I have tried to make peanut butter cookies 2 times today.....the key word here is tried!!!

I found a very simple recipe....

it called for 1 cup of peanut butter, 1 cup of sugar and 1 egg...
mix it together and put on cookie sheet....how can anyone mess this up???

hee hee I did!!! i thought that by adding 2 small spoonfuls of flour it might help??? so i mixed it in and now i am not sure if this is why my cookies arent turning out..... sad.gif

the first batch...didnt stay together, they just crumbled at the slightest touch so i put them back in...then they turned black!!!

now the second batch, well they dont seem to be hardening either....i put more peanut butter in the second batch thinking it may counteract the flour lol, .....we'll see...

So sisters does anyone have an Amazing recipe for Yummy Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies???? Please!!!!   biggrin.gif

#2 Noor67

Noor67

Our Sister

• Members
  • 763 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 17 December 2004 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE(AmeenahB)
...1 cup of peanut butter, 1 cup of sugar and 1 egg...
mix it together and put on cookie sheet...

Asalaamu Alaikum

Hmmm, I don't think I've ever heard of a cookie recipe without flour...

I found this recipe, which sounds right and seems pretty simple. Insha Allah, it tastes good too!

Ingredients:

· 1/2 cup granulated sugar
· 1/2 cup brown sugar
· 1/2 cup peanut butter
· 1/4 cup shortening
· 1/4 cup margarine softened
· 1 egg
· 1 1/4 cup flour
· 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
· 1/4 teaspoon salt

Instructions:

Mix sugars, peanut butter, shortening, margarine, and egg. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.

Heat oven to 375. Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork dipped in flour. Bake until light brown, 9 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with granulated sugar mixed with food coloring. Cool 2 minutes then remove from cookie sheet.

Salaam,
~Noor

#3 Guest_AmeenahB_*

Guest_AmeenahB_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 17 December 2004 - 07:34 PM

mmm thank you sis, I will try the new recipe InshaAllah next week and let u know of the outcome lol...

the second batch i made today..i decided to put them in the fridge to make sure they harden...but...... sad.gif  they are just lumps of grainy peanut butter  :mrgreen:  eeeww.

#4 Noor67

Noor67

Our Sister

• Members
  • 763 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 17 December 2004 - 07:50 PM

Asalaamu Alaikum

Please forgive me, but your posts have really made me laugh. I needed it - thank you! laugh.gif laugh.gif I truly admire your perseverence!

Insha Allah that recipe will be nice and tasty. Please do let me know because I haven't tried it and I'm curious!

Salaam,
~Noor

#5 newstar

newstar

Our Sister

• Members
  • 378 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 19 December 2004 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE(AmeenahB)

sad.gif I have tried to make peanut butter cookies 2 times today.....the key word here is tried!!!  

I found a very simple recipe....

it called for 1 cup of peanut butter, 1 cup of sugar and 1 egg...
mix it together and put on cookie sheet....how can anyone mess this up???

hee hee I did!!! i thought that by adding 2 small spoonfuls of flour it might help??? so i mixed it in and now i am not sure if this is why my cookies arent turning out..... sad.gif  

the first batch...didnt stay together, they just crumbled at the slightest touch so i put them back in...then they turned black!!!

now the second batch, well they dont seem to be hardening either....i put more peanut butter in the second batch thinking it may counteract the flour lol, .....we'll see...

So sisters does anyone have an Amazing recipe for Yummy Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies???? Please!!!!   biggrin.gif

Asalaam alaikum.

I think I tried that recipe!! I got it from Allrecipes.com
And actually, it came out perfect...  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif
I put jelly on top and that was one of the bests I made.  :wink:
In shah Allah, you can try it again, it was so simple and without flour and tasted amazing..

I just wanted to say that that recipe does work. :wink:  :wink:
Asalaam aliakum.'love

#6 Guest_AmeenahB_*

Guest_AmeenahB_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 19 December 2004 - 02:02 AM

Asalaamu Alaykum biggrin.gif

:? um.....i dont think i wanna try that one again  :?

i still have the second batch in my fridge that i have been "trying" to eat :? eew.

Like i said, mine turned out to be blobs of grainy sugar peanut butter, i like peanut butter....but this is tooo much.

biggrin.gif i think, InshaAllah i will try the other recipe...I said next week...but well...i am kinda of sick of peanut butter at the moment lololol. It was a phase lol.......

i think now I am moving on to Jello!! I finally bought the halal jello mmmmmmmm.  Every week its something different lol.

#7 newstar

newstar

Our Sister

• Members
  • 378 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 19 December 2004 - 03:39 AM

Asalaam alaikum, my dear sis. biggrin.gif

May I wait for your cookies to be sent here?  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

I hope you will bake yummy cookies!!
love and hugs

Asalaam aliakum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users