3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_musaafirah_*

Guest_musaafirah_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 23 November 2008 - 03:11 PM

Asalaamu Alaykum,

Are baby showers haraam? A bid'ah? An imitation of the kuffar? I was going to go to one for a dear friend (and actually helping out with some of the prep) but when I visited my parents yesterday, they told me that they were bid'ah, an imitation of the kuffar, and haraam.

BarakAllahu Feeki.

#2 Ola

Ola

Active Sister

• Members
  • 7,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:02 PM

Assalaamu alaikum,

Fatwa No. :  89392
Fatwa Title : Having a pre-birth baby party without gifts  
Fatwa Date : 08 Muharram 1426 / 17-02-2005

Question  

Is it all right to have a pre-birth baby party, not like a baby shower? Just a group of sisters and food not needing to bring gifts. I am asking as my husband is not sure if it is Halaal, and also if it is or is not a Sunnah.  

Fatwa
All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad  is His slave and Messenger.

We do not know any evidence from the Sunnah that it is permissible to organize a celebration for the baby before he is born, and there is no celebration even after his birth except the 'Aqeeqah (i.e. the slaughtering done for a new born). Indeed all the good is in following the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of the Prophet  and all the evil is in innovating new matters that have no foundation in religion.

Allaah knows best.

Fatwa answered by:  The Fatwa Center at Islamweb

#3 Ola

Ola

Active Sister

• Members
  • 7,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:25 PM

Assalaamu alaikum,

This question was previously asked here and a fatwa from Islamtoday was posted: http://sisters.islamway.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18529

#4 Ola

Ola

Active Sister

• Members
  • 7,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:30 PM

Assalaamu alaikum,

Another old post:
http://sisters.islamway.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14412

0 user(s) are reading this topic