6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Um Hajar_*

Guest_Um Hajar_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 22 November 2005 - 07:58 AM

Assalam aleikum to all sisters,

Iīm often at home and thought of doing a little bit gymnastics or something like that. But - as you all know - shaitan is strong and without a leader it doesnīt work so well. I canīt go to a studio because of my small daughter (2 years), a fittness trainer is too expensive and I canīt bring my daughter to relatives or friends.
Do you know a website were I can download a free fittness video (the leader should be a woman, I can also cut the voice in order not to heare the music). If this doesnīt work, I will have to wait until my small daughter goes to school, too.

Wassalam
Um Hajar

#2 Aisha

Aisha

Active Sister

• Members
  • 5,159 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 22 November 2005 - 08:24 AM

As-Salaamu alaikum dear sisters.

Dear sister Um Hajer (beautiful name mashaAllah) biggrin.gif

[size=18]W. biggrin.gif

I do not know of any fitness videos but inshaAllah maybe some other sisters can help you in that.

I look forward to reading your posts inshaAllah and hope that you find IslamWay Sisters very beneficial bi'ithnillah.

Wa Salaamu alaikum,
Om-AbdulRahman. :wink:

#3 Livia

Livia

Our Sister

• Members
  • 41 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 22 November 2005 - 04:03 PM

Assalam alaikum

Why don't you try to get the videos from the library?  Don't know what part of the world you are in but at my libraby there are lots of videos which can be borrowed and its free  laugh.gif  As well when the time comes to return them you can just rent another video... that way you get a variety of different types of workouts...never gets boring because you will always get a new video with a new workout plan...
just a thought...

As well you can usually browse and order online from your own library, put a hold request on it and all you have to do is pick it up! (of course if this is available in your area am not sure)

Hope you find something good  :wink:

#4 Guest_Um Hajar_*

Guest_Um Hajar_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 23 November 2005 - 07:31 AM

Assalam aleikum, sisters

Thanks for your reply.  biggrin.gif
Dear Livia I have already searched there but didnīt find something. Thanks for your idear. I have no opportunity to lend a video from another library. Also, homevideos are not "in" so the libraries donīt buy them.

Wassalam ua rahmatullah

Um Hajar

#5 Aisha

Aisha

Active Sister

• Members
  • 5,159 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 23 November 2005 - 11:44 AM

Something which I found very useful a few years back when one of my children was a toddler was a piece of equipment which helps with the sit-up or crunch exercises - I believe that it was called an 'Ab-Roller' and basically it is a frame with a head support to avoid straining the neck.

I incorporated it into a routine of about 15 -20 minute 'workout'  laugh.gif including stretching,  push-ups /press-ups (from the knees - not the toes biggrin.gif )leg-lifts  (while lying on the stomach) for the backs of the thighs and buttocks, etc. All in the privacy of my own bedroom. I also got the 'frame' out for a quick 5-10 minutes at night. It was quite invigorating actually alhamdulilah. Especially as I lived in a flat at the time and not in the habit of going up and down the stairs all day as when I am living in a house.

It really helped firm up the abdomen and really helped by back too especially when lifting my toddler throughout the day - he actually felt lighter. If you don't know what machine I am talking about I'll try to find it in a google inshaAllah.

InshaAllah this helped.

WaSalaamu alaikum,
Om-AbdulRahman. :wink:

#6 Guest_Um Hajar_*

Guest_Um Hajar_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 25 November 2005 - 05:24 PM

Assalam aleikum, Om Abdu-Rahman,

Thanks, I saw this machine somewhere. I should try to find something like that.

(By the way: I have sent you a private message - please have a look)

Wassalam

Um Hajar

#7 Aisha

Aisha

Active Sister

• Members
  • 5,159 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 29 November 2005 - 05:53 PM

Dear sister Um Hajar please check your pm's. smile.gif