#1 Guest_karolin_karima_*

Guest_karolin_karima_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 22 January 2005 - 07:12 AM

asalamu alaykum Sisters!

Anybody bleaches her eyebrow?
I heard some are doing this. I do not want to pluck it anymore but it is totally changed compare to my original stronger more, longer.
If somebody has some exerience with this plz write it.

Karima

#2 nadia678

nadia678

Our Sister

• Members
  • 334 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:55 AM

Salaam akhowaat

Maybe sis Karolin_Karima you cld try to use umm i dont know what its called but its a hair prduct that makes the hairs thinner.

BUT FIRST is that Haraam???
I want to give it a try but i am a little worried?
Can anyone give us an answer
( Sorry sister Karima if it seems like i am taking over your post i think this will be beneficial to you also)

SALAM OU LAKOUM
Nadia

#3 Guest_karolin_karima_*

Guest_karolin_karima_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 22 January 2005 - 12:55 PM

Asalamu alaykum!

Thanks sister  :wink: for the advice. InshaAllah some knowledable sisters can help.

Karima

#4 khadi1

khadi1

Active Sister

• Members
  • 8,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 24 January 2005 - 04:33 AM

Assalamou aleikoum wa Rahmatoullah wa Barakatou,

dear sisters, I do not have any answer but I'll post this question to www.islamtoday.net   Inshallah...

#5 Guest_karolin_karima_*

Guest_karolin_karima_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 24 January 2005 - 01:38 PM

Asalamu alaykum!

Thank u Sister Khadi. jazakAllahu khayran.

Karima

#6 muslimsister

muslimsister

Active Sister

• Members
  • 5,197 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 24 January 2005 - 02:09 PM

Assalaam alaikum,
Question :

Is it permissible to lighten the eyebrows (i.e., dye them blond)?.

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.  

The contemporary scholars differed concerning the ruling on lightening the eyebrows. Some of them said it is not allowed, as stated in the answer of the Standing Committee to the following question:

Recently it has become a common practice among women to lighten the eyebrows; they dye the top and bottom of the eyebrows so that they look as if they have been plucked and thinned. This is obviously done in imitation of the west. The substance used for dyeing is also dangerous to the hair from a medical point of view. What is the Islamic ruling on doing such things?

After studying the matter, the Committee for Issuing Fatwas replied:

Lightening the top and bottom of the eyebrows in the manner mentioned is not permissible, because it is changing the creation of Allaah and it imitates the plucking that is forbidden in sharee’ah, because it achieves the same effect. The prohibition is even more emphatic if that is done in imitation of the kuffaar or if using it causes harm to the body or hair, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“and do not throw yourselves into destruction”

[al-Baqarah 2:195]

and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There should be neither harming nor reciprocating harm.”

And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Fatwa no 21778, dated 29/12/1421 AH.

Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah al-Jibreen (may Allaah preserve him) said:

I think that it is not permissible to use these dyes and change the colour of the eyebrows because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed those who pluck the eyebrows, those who have that done, and those who change the creation of Allaah. By His wisdom Allaah has created differences in eyebrows; some are heavy, some are fine, some are long and some are short. This is one of the ways in which we can tell people apart, and know each person by his own characteristics. Based on this, it is not permissible to dye them because it is changing the creation of Allaah.

Fataawa al-Mar’ah, compiled by Khaalid al-Juraysi, p. 134.

Other scholars have said that it is permissible, such as Shaykh Muhammad al-Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen. See questions no. 8605 and 11168.

So this is an area concerning which the scholars have differed.

But it is better and more on the safe side not to do that.

Those who are qualified to engage in ijtihaad should do what they think; those who are qualified in the area of tarjeeh [comparing opinions and deciding which are more likely to be correct] should do what they think is most likely to be correct; the ordinary people should follow the trustworthy scholars in their own lands or those whose fatwas reach them.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)

#7 Guest_karolin_karima_*

Guest_karolin_karima_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 25 January 2005 - 06:48 AM

Asalamu alaykum!

JazakAllahu khayran for the fatwa Sister.
It seems it is an issue where the scholars differ as well smile.gif.

Karima

#8 khadi1

khadi1

Active Sister

• Members
  • 8,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 30 January 2005 - 01:16 AM

Assalamou aleikoum wa Rahmatoullah wa baraktou,

I posted this first in the wrong post... LOL (in Hijab forum) but Alhamdullilah, it happened that a sister needed it.....

Fatawa ID
Date:
2005-01-24 06:53:00

Questioner:
khadija Oum Ismail

Question:
Assalamou aleikoum wa Rahmatoullah wa Barakatou, Dear Shaykh, one sister  wants to know if we can bleach eyebrows , as it is haraam to pluck them......
Oum Ismail.

Dear sister:

Al-Salâm `Alaykum wa Rahmah Allah wa Barakâtuh.

The Answer of the Permanent Committee for Islamic Legal Decisions chaired by Sheikh Ibn Baz states (Chapter Seventeen page 132):

It is forbidden to remove any hair from the eyebrows whether by cutting, plucking, or clipping, because all these forms come under the prohibition of the Prophet (peace be upon him) who cursed those who engaged in it. It is one of the grievous sins.

Since the Prophet (peace be upon him) cursed the people who engage in the practice of plucking the eyebrows, you should refrain from doing so.

If you an find an alternative way – like using gel, dye, or bleach – to get the eyebrow hairs to behave without removing them, then this would be alright.

As for the hair between the eyebrows, Sheikh Salman al-Oadah writes:

It is permissible for the woman to remove the hair between her eyebrows or from her face. The only thing that is prohibited is to remove the hair of the eyebrows themselves. This is what the hadîth is referring to. [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (5939) and Sahîh Muslim (2125)]

And Allah knows best.

Fatwâ Department Research Committee of IslamToday chaired by Sheikh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî
[/color]

Inshallah, this will help... and yes, difference of opinions once again... :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

#9 Guest_karolin_karima_*

Guest_karolin_karima_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 30 January 2005 - 07:14 AM

Asalamu alaykum Sisters!

JazakAllahu khayran Sister Khadi for the fatwa.
So that means between the eyebrows u can remove inshaAllah. Thanks this one I did not know and my Sister needs it coz her eyebrows grew together.
Thanks again the help.

karima

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users