28 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Amani S._*

Guest_Amani S._*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 16 August 2004 - 05:48 PM

Assalamu alaikum...

Sisters...I no longer know what to do...I am trying very hard to keep my diabetes under control and i can't....My fasting blood sugars (first one in the morning) are around 450 (normal on the american scale is 80-120)...I can't get it under control and i am so afraid of losing my eyesight or kidney function...If anyone has any suggestions...please post them...

Please keep me in your du'aas...

#2 maow!

maow!

Our Sister

• Members
  • 195 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 16 August 2004 - 05:58 PM

Salam Alaikum,

Do you take insulin or just oral hypoglycemic drugs? if you're on insulin, do you take a long-acting insulin at night before going to bed? (e.g., insulin glargine aka, Lantus). I think the long-acting insulin at bedtime can cause your morning blood sugars to not be as high as they are now. What about during the day? are you on a multiple daily injection program (taking insulin before each meal)? perhaps your doc needs to review your insulin dose and maybe increase it or do whatever he/she sees fit considering the situation.

salam...

#3 Guest_Amani S._*

Guest_Amani S._*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 16 August 2004 - 06:03 PM

Assalamu alaikum...

I take both long lasting and fast acting...i take the long lasting at night and the fast acting as i need thru out the day...

#4 Nejwa

Nejwa

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,803 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 16 August 2004 - 06:12 PM

Salaam Aliekum!

I thinking about the same as Sister Maow.What are you eating?
I wrote this mail most to say that you can pm or mail me if you want.
Sister Nivea have my e-mail adress.I write this because it`s sounds on the
headline that you have the feelings I have sometimes when my diabetes aren`t function so good.

Nejwa smile.gif

#5 umfaisal

umfaisal

Our Sister

• Members
  • 113 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 17 August 2004 - 06:04 AM

Asalaam alaikum,

I have problems with keeping my BG level also. I get such awful highs at times. I am on a oral med but, might be looking at insulin in the near future.

I test a lot. At least 8 times a day. Before I eat and one hour after my first bite. I have been able to find a lot of foods that bother my BG.

Rice is a big no no for me. I can drink a large pop before I can even eat 1/2 c of rice. I found that out by testing. There are several other drinks and foods I stay away from.

Talk to your Doctor maybe you need a change in your meds?????

I hate it also but, I know that I will have it forever so, I need to do the best I can and try to get the numbers at a better range.

I have lowered my AC1 from a 13 to a 7.1 I am really happy about that.

Try not to worry about the future too much. Just take it day by day and try to find the things that will lower the BG'S

Wasalaam
Umfaisal

#6 Nejwa

Nejwa

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,803 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 17 August 2004 - 10:43 AM

Salaam Aliekum!

I thought I shall write little about the diet.I eat medicine for my diabetes so I must be strict with my diet.One of first thing I learned was not to eat
white bread only very much barley in( the bread are nearly black,brown).Not eat rice,potatoes.That I could eat when it`s about dinner was fish,white meat as chicken and turkey ands lot of vegetable and sometimes paste.When you shall eat fat try to only eat good fat it help cholesterol.I try to but some lemon on my dinner and some cinnamon on my luch because I have read that can help the bloodsuger to go down so I try to eat it so much I can.When I have afford to it I buy orange and make my own orangejuice for that can help the bloodsuger too have I read. You can get a website from me.This man have helped many diabetics and specially they how doctors can`t help (when bloodsuger go up and down) I try to follow his diet and that have helped me.

:arrow: www.drlinberg.com, this are in norweigan but if you look up on the right side you see a english flag click on the flag and then you can understand what he write

I see that you are afraid for your eyes and kidney.What supplement are you eating :?: Supplement how can help you with the kindney and eyes are B-vitamines specially B3 and B6.This have the science found out.That are good for small bloodveins.Omega-3 help you to take away fat in the bloodveins.If you triglyceride are for high,I suppose there are then it help with omega-3.
First I began to eat 1000 mg but last week my bloodtest for triglyceride was for high even if my fasting bloodsuger was fine and my HBAc was on the limit to be high so I have start to eat 2000 mg omega-3 so I hope that can help me.

I hope this can help you little Insha-Allah

Nejwa smile.gif

#7 Lea21

Lea21

Our Sister

• Banned
  • 380 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 17 August 2004 - 04:27 PM

Assalam alaykum

Sister, please keep your trust in Allah.  First and foremost, make du'a to your Lord.

Sister, from now on you must totally avoid anything that is made with white flour.  Don't eat bread, rice or pasta unless they are brown (organic are of best quality).  And even then, don't eat too much of them.  And you must also avoid potatoes, in any form.

Replace sugar with Splenda.  Don't take honey or brown sugar.

Also, most nutritionists have identified some fruits and veggies that have a higher glycemic index than others (that is, when you eat them, they tend to boost your blood sugar level very quickly).

Among them are: cooked carrots (uncooked are ok), corn (in any form, whether fresh or transformed into flour or cereals - forget Corn Flakes and pop-corn), tapioca, pumpkin, watermelon, turnips, beets, banana, melon, ananas, raisins (and most dried fruits), papaya, kiwi.  Try to avoid them as much as possible: insha Allah, you will see a difference.

I ask Allah to cure you and to relieve your stress.

Lea

#8 Guest_Amani S._*

Guest_Amani S._*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 18 August 2004 - 12:46 AM

Assalamu alaikum...

Jazak Allahu Khair for the replies...

I went to the diabetes clinic today and they increased my insulin...They said I was being way underdosed...I am now taking 4 times as much as I was before...

They said it may be a few days before i notice a difference...but Insha'allah this should bring it down...if not they will increase my insulin and if they increase it much more they may have to put me on a pump...

#9 Nejwa

Nejwa

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,803 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 18 August 2004 - 05:59 AM

Salaam Aliekum!

I hope that the increase your insulin can help you Insha-Allah

Nejwa smile.gif

#10 Badreya

Badreya

Active Sister

• Members
  • 11,922 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 18 August 2004 - 06:06 PM

Salam alaikum sisters, along with your normal medicaly prescribed medications,
My step mother has cancer and went to a naturopath, she prescribed her a daily regime which she mixes as a tea like drink and takes daily.
There are also some vitamins involved.
She is still alive, working full time and feeling as good as ever - and the diagnosis has been over 10 years now.
I beleive in Naturopaths strongly and am thinking about it for my diabetic mother in law.
Allah keep you healthy inshallah.

#11 Nejwa

Nejwa

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,803 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 18 August 2004 - 07:27 PM

Salaam Alikekum!

If you go with you mother in law and she is better in the diabetes.Can you tell me then Sister Badreya :?:

Nejwa smile.gif

#12 Badreya

Badreya

Active Sister

• Members
  • 11,922 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 19 August 2004 - 12:25 AM

Salam alaikum, when I go to the naturalpath I will let you know what she suggested.
Usualy you have to get the herbal mixes from them though.
I can also write to a doc. who only does natural med. that is a friend of the family.
I'll keep everyone posted inshallah.

#13 maow!

maow!

Our Sister

• Members
  • 195 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 19 August 2004 - 06:55 PM

Salam Alaikum,

I'm glad to hear your doc increased your insulin. Let us know how you're doing now with your new insulin regimen  smile.gif
salam..

#14 Guest_Amani S._*

Guest_Amani S._*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 19 August 2004 - 07:10 PM

Assalamu alaikum...

they raised my insulin again today...they said to keep raising it 2 units everyday now until it gets under control sad.gif

#15 *Beauty*of*Islam*

*Beauty*of*Islam*

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 19 August 2004 - 11:55 PM

[marq=up:da1ed391ef]Asalamu Aleykum,[/marq:da1ed391ef]

[font=Microsoft Sans Serif:da1ed391ef][marq=left:da1ed391ef]\"I once cried for shoes till I saw a man with no feet\".[/marq:da1ed391ef]
[font=Lucida Console:da1ed391ef]First of All[/font:da1ed391ef]-
[font=Comic Sans MS:da1ed391ef]Be grateful. Allah is testing you with diabeties. Think of people who Allah has given a bigger burden. What would you do if Allah gave you something bigger than diabeties? Always be grateful. Throughout your struggle, pray to Allah and say Alhamdullilah. EVEN when you just can't take it anymore. Imagine the people who are laying in hospital beds with a worse disease. Take a walk @ a nature park and you will feel better. You will than say Alhamdullilah for your eyesight, your hearing, your ability to walk, touch, talk. Allah has blessed you. You may not see it now, but look at everything around you. The roof thats over your head. The computer that you have. Then you will see.[/font:da1ed391ef]

[font=Lucida Console:da1ed391ef]Second of All- [/font:da1ed391ef]
[font=Comic Sans MS:da1ed391ef]I'm speaking form an "ignorant" perspective. I know nothing about diabeties. I'm not trying in anyway to hurt you. I only want you to feel better. Be grateful for everything! Even your diabeties :arrow: Alhamdullilah. I had a seriose illnes when I was lil... It's not gone but, Alahmdullilah it's under coontrol. I'm giving you advice that I wish I had been given. Advice that I most likely would not have taken. I regret the way I acted back then. lol, do I sound old? [size=5]I'm only 12.. nearly 13. n I have been through stuff a lot of ppl older than me haven't been through Neway... I don't regret what  I went through. It made me a better person and I'm grateful that Allah didin't hand me anything worse.

InshAllah Kheyr Amani. InshAllah everything will be okay. "Allah helps those who help themselves".  Don't sit in a corner ur whole life waiting for a magical charge to make you all better. YOU have to make the first move. This a game that YOU have to win. YOU CAN DO IT! DOn't let ANYTHING get you down.

[marq=right:da1ed391ef]FiAmanAllah,
your sis

#16 Nivea

Nivea

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,465 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 20 August 2004 - 12:12 AM

Salaam Aliekum Dear Sister Amani,

Alhamdulillah your doctors are adjusting your meds.  InshaAllah Sister this will help.  Just wanted to let you know that you are in my Duaa InshaAllah.

Hang in there Sister and let us know how things are progressing for you. I pray you get things under control.

Hugz,
Nivea

PS.... If you would like to contact Sister Nejwa via her email, You may email me at: edited :shock:  :?  laugh.gif  
I will be editing this address tomorrow.  InshaAllah you can retrieve it before I do......and I will forward you Sister Nejwas address, InshaAllah.

#17 Badreya

Badreya

Active Sister

• Members
  • 11,922 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 20 August 2004 - 04:06 AM

*Beauty*of*Islam*
Diabetes can be seriously life threatening.
Of course she could be a leper, but it's defenitly up there in the "dangerous" list of diseases.
Jazakallah khier for the positive post though.

#18 Nejwa

Nejwa

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,803 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 20 August 2004 - 08:05 AM

Salaam Aliekum!

QUOTE(Badreya)
*Beauty*of*Islam*
Diabetes can be seriously life threatening.
Of course she could be a leper, but it's defenitly up there in the \"dangerous\" list of diseases.
Jazakallah khier for the positive post though.

I couldn`t read you all post Sister Beauty of Islam but I could see that You didn`t know anything about Diabetes.Sister Amani have post a topic about Women and Diabetes.I have post about diabetes in the Toddles thread so mothers shall be aware about this illness for the children.Yesterday I post up general information about Diabetes in the Clinical women....because this sickness as like a epidemic today.You can go to this posts and read about this sickness :wink:

Nejwa smile.gif

#19 *Beauty*of*Islam*

*Beauty*of*Islam*

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 20 August 2004 - 06:20 PM

I don't know weather to feel  :oops: or :? . Umm... Thats why I said I didn't know anything about diabeties.. because I didn't know anything about it :wink:
But thanks for the tip.. I'll go read it right now :arrow:

#20 Guest_Amani S._*

Guest_Amani S._*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 25 August 2004 - 12:27 PM

Assalamu alaikum...

Went back to the doctor yesturday and they raised the insulin again sad.gif .

Insha'allah this dose will work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users