4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 15 October 2004 - 11:24 PM

AA-
I was wondering if you have an tips for weddings.
should i have it as simplest as possible? or what is preferred?
I was thinking to have a nice small islamic wedding. I would also like to use nasheeds instead of music cuz i dont listen to music..
do u guys have any suggestions..
how should i pick an islamic dress...
im really modest.. and dont like showing too much of my body( like I prefer my arms being covered ) .. so do yuo have any comments or ideas about a wedding dress?
Any suggestions would be ppreciated..

#2 Sister Kamillah

Sister Kamillah

Active Sister

• Members
  • 5,633 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 16 October 2004 - 02:32 AM

asalamu alaikum,

what country are you from? if it is not going to be mixed, a lovely lace long white dress would be beautiful. or what ever color you would like but in all lace, something that would be very pleasing to your husband when he gets to see you for the first time as his wife...You can be beautiful and modest at the same time..
kamillah

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 16 October 2004 - 11:41 AM

Asaalm Alikom...
Im half palestinean, and half american.. so i dont eally know where im from. Our wedding will take place in egypt and it will be seperate of course. We beleive tat all islamic weddings should be sepereate.. Another thing my finacee would never ever stay in a place in which there is a mixure of males and females( the same 4 me)
I just dont know how to organize it..And picking the dress for me is the hardest part. I can wear  any dress, but I wouldnt be comfortable.. I would feel naked if I wore a dress with out sleeves in front of a crowd.. thats just the way I am..
Also if you have any ideas how to set up a wedding. There will be many people helping, but I would like something new... or  different.
Also Im young.. so I need something thats appropriate for my age cuz im 17  still.
smile.gif JAK
Wasalam Alikom

#4 Najjouha

Najjouha

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,552 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 16 October 2004 - 03:27 PM

Assalamu alaykum,
Mabrook on your forthcoming wedding smile.gif

Have you browsed through any wedding dress shops in Egypt? A good friend of mine brought her dress from Egypt because she wanted something modest and beautiful, and she managed to find a dress similar to the one sister Lea described:  A beautiful white lace dress with full sleeves.
Egypt is particularly renowed for their selection of hijab-orientated dresses for brides, so if you are getting married there it may be worth having a look?

Najah

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 16 October 2004 - 03:43 PM

Im in the states now, so I guess I will get my dress from the states...
I am trying to find something modest, but they all show half my back and my chest area.. im really really shy... I dont think I have met a person as shy as me.. So finding a really nice but modest dress will be a compitition.. Also my waste is reeeeeeeallllllly small  so everything just falls off. Im 111 pounds... but I have nooooo stomach. Its all up and down.. no inbetweens..
DO you think I should have some one make me a dress... stylish but modest?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users