22 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ammena_1981_*

Guest_ammena_1981_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 12 February 2004 - 12:45 PM

Assalamalikum sisters...

can anyone clarify for me which prayers we are supposed to say silently and which ones we say out loud? Obviously when there are no men around.

Shukran                    

#2 mariemuad

mariemuad

Administrator

• Site Admin
  • 7,699 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 12 February 2004 - 03:52 PM

Assalamu alaikum,

Salaat number 1, 4 and 5 are to be said aloud. Number 2 and 3 silently. Another way to remember is daylight prayers are silent while prayers at reduced visibility time are to be said aloud.

Umm Hanifa                    

#3 Guest_ammena_1981_*

Guest_ammena_1981_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 12 February 2004 - 04:31 PM

Shukran sister.... much appreciated.. Also with the silent prayers are there anything i should say aloud like ameen and the same for the loud prayers, anything i should say silently??

Jazakallah                    

#4 smilestar

smilestar

Our Sister

• Members
  • 25 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 17 February 2004 - 07:10 PM

does anyone know why fajr, maghrib, and isha are read outloud?  is there a reason behind it..?  i've always wanted to know if it's just tradition or there's some meaning behind it...                    

#5 Um_Malik

Um_Malik

Our Sister

• Members
  • 403 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 20 February 2004 - 09:56 AM

salam alaikum
OF COURSE you know this sis but i'll mention it anyway in case any brand new muslims read the post. Only the two first rakaas are recited out loud. That makes: Fajr (both rakas), maghrib (first 2 rakas and third is silent), isha (first two rakas and third and fourth are silent).  smile.gif

Also the men whose presence makes a difference are nonmahram men (strangers). We are allowed to recite and pray out loud in the presence of Mahram men like husband, father, brother.                    

#6 fathma

fathma

Our Sister

• Members
  • 939 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 20 February 2004 - 10:10 AM

Assallamu Alaikum sisters,

I didn't realise that women had to say the prayer aloud - i have never done this EVER,
Inshallah from now on i will , Jazakhallah sisters for this information.
:arrow: Just one question, do you have to read aloud the 2 rakats on  the sunnath..eg. Maghrib, 2 rakats aloud, 1 silent..FARD.. then sunnath..silent or aloud??

sorry if i confused anyone.

sallam
Allahfiz                    

#7 Um_Malik

Um_Malik

Our Sister

• Members
  • 403 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 20 February 2004 - 10:37 AM

salam alaikum
i'm glad you learned this sis fathma.. i know lots of sisters are surprised even though it is so beautiful to be able to recite those prayers outloud and really helps with humbleness sometimes.

The sunnah prayers before and after fard are recited silent (all of them).

Qiyam AlLayl (night prayers) including Witr prayers are optional (you may recite them out loud or you may recite them silently).

And Allah knows best.                    

#8 fathma

fathma

Our Sister

• Members
  • 939 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 20 February 2004 - 11:50 AM

Assallamu Alaikum sister Um Malik

Jazakallah sister for this information and thank you for your quick reply, Inshallah I will be able to do my prayers propally now.

Again jazakhallah,   biggrin.gif

Allahfiz                    

#9 smilestar

smilestar

Our Sister

• Members
  • 25 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 20 February 2004 - 03:10 PM

OF COURSE you know this sis but i'll mention it anyway in case any brand new muslims read the post. Only the two first rakaas are recited out loud. That makes: Fajr (both rakas), maghrib (first 2 rakas and third is silent), isha (first two rakas and third and fourth are silent).

assalamu alaikum sister...
yup ..i know that you're supposed to read them outloud...
but why?  why do you only read fajr, maghrib and isha outloud..?
and why are zuhr and asr prayed silently?                    

#10 MissPink

MissPink

Active Sister

• Members
  • 6,057 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 20 February 2004 - 04:25 PM

Assalamu alaikom

Ok, now to really confuse things a little bit more... let me tell you how  I do it.

I pretty much whisper my prayers, or just kind of in a low voice. Is that considered 'out loud' or not?  

I should either speak up or shut up it seem!!!   laugh.gif   (Just being lighthearted here)
Seriously, though, is 'out loud' in a regular speaking voice or is it 'out loud' in my low, mumbly voice?                    

#11 Guest_19_*

Guest_19_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 21 February 2004 - 02:00 AM

Why is there certain prayers said aloud? and others not?
What if your comfortable saying them all aloud or vice versa, is there a punishment for this?                    

#12 muslimsister

muslimsister

Active Sister

• Members
  • 5,197 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 21 February 2004 - 03:08 AM

Assalaam alaikum,
Certain prayers are said aloud and others silent because this is the way the Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah upon him, did them.                    

#13 Um_Malik

Um_Malik

Our Sister

• Members
  • 403 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 21 February 2004 - 09:21 AM

salam alaikum
sis worships are what we call "Tawqeefiyah", or done exactly as we learned them from the prophet PBUH. We can also argue why there are 5 and not 6 prayers, or why tawaf around kaba is done 7 times and not 4.. the reason is this is how Allah swt wants us to worship and this is how the prophet PBUH taught us to worship Allah smile.gif simple as that..

About reciting out loud.. we don't mean it to be like the Adhan  laugh.gif if you can hear yourself and if you are the imam of a jama'a of women, they can hear you then that is enough..                    

#14 MissPink

MissPink

Active Sister

• Members
  • 6,057 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 21 February 2004 - 03:27 PM

Jazakyallah kheir Um Malik!                    

#15 Guest_ammena_1981_*

Guest_ammena_1981_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 28 February 2004 - 05:41 PM

Salam sisters,

thank u for ur help so far... I just have one more q. When prayin the witr salah in the evening do we say this in a whisper or a more louder voice as with the fajr, maghrib and isha prayers??

Jazakallah

#16 Um_Malik

Um_Malik

Our Sister

• Members
  • 403 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 29 February 2004 - 09:05 AM

salam alaikum,
Qiyam AlLayl (night prayers) including Witr prayers are optional (you may recite them out loud or you may recite them silently).

and Allah knows best.                    

#17 Guest_ammena_1981_*

Guest_ammena_1981_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 29 February 2004 - 10:24 AM

Shukran sis um_Malik,

I just realised after reading over the whole thread that you had already answered my question  :oops:

Jazakallah

#18 ummisa300

ummisa300

Our Sister

• Members
  • 38 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 07 March 2004 - 11:22 AM

THE WISDOM BEHIND RECITING ALOUD IN SOME OF THE PRAYERS AND   

QUESTION

Why was recitation aloud prescribed in Maghrib, Isha, and Fajr prayers, and not the other obligatory prayers, and what is the evidence for this?

ANSWER

Allah, the Most Glorified knows best the wisdom behind the legislation of reciting aloud in these prayers, but the most likely answer - and Allah knows best - is that the wisdom behind it is that at night and in the Fajr prayers the people benefit most from recitation aloud, and they are less likely to be distracted by their affairs than they would be at Zuhr and Asr times.

Shaykh 'Abdul-'Aziz bin 'Abdullah bin Baz.

THE RULING ON  RECITING QUIETLY IN THE AUDIBLE PRAYERS.

QUESTION.

Is it permissible to not recite aloud, for example, in the Isha prayers?

ANSWER.

Recitation aloud is prescribed for the Imam in the night prayers,  so that the worshippers may hear and gain benefit from it. Should he forget to recite aloud, he does not have to prostrate for it. And there is no need for the one who is praying alone to recite aloud, because he is reciting to himself only; but if he recites aloud, there is no harm in it - so long as it does not cause annoyance to someone reciting (the Qur'an), or another worshipper or a sleeper - and he finds that reciting aloud strengthens his soul and makes his heart more attentive.

Shaykh ' Abdullah bin 'Abdur-Rahman Al-Jibreen.

Fatawa Islamiyah,  Islamic verdicts.  Volume 2.                    

#19 ummisa300

ummisa300

Our Sister

• Members
  • 38 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 07 March 2004 - 11:25 AM

THE WISDOM BEHIND RECITING ALOUD IN SOME OF THE PRAYERS AND   

QUESTION

Why was recitation aloud prescribed in Maghrib, Isha, and Fajr prayers, and not the other obligatory prayers, and what is the evidence for this?

ANSWER

Allah, the Most Glorified knows best the wisdom behind the legislation of reciting aloud in these prayers, but the most likely answer - and Allah knows best - is that the wisdom behind it is that at night and in the Fajr prayers the people benefit most from recitation aloud, and they are less likely to be distracted by their affairs than they would be at Zuhr and Asr times.

Shaykh 'Abdul-'Aziz bin 'Abdullah bin Baz.

THE RULING ON  RECITING QUIETLY IN THE AUDIBLE PRAYERS.

QUESTION.

Is it permissible to not recite aloud, for example, in the Isha prayers?

ANSWER.

Recitation aloud is prescribed for the Imam in the night prayers,  so that the worshippers may hear and gain benefit from it. Should he forget to recite aloud, he does not have to prostrate for it. And there is no need for the one who is praying alone to recite aloud, because he is reciting to himself only; but if he recites aloud, there is no harm in it - so long as it does not cause annoyance to someone reciting (the Qur'an), or another worshipper or a sleeper - and he finds that reciting aloud strengthens his soul and makes his heart more attentive.

Shaykh ' Abdullah bin 'Abdur-Rahman Al-Jibreen.

Fatawa Islamiyah,  Islamic verdicts.  Volume 2.                    

#20 Guest_ammena_1981_*

Guest_ammena_1981_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 07 March 2004 - 11:41 AM

Jazakallah sis, much appreciated. Also wanna say welcome to the forum as I notice this is ur 2nd post. And u are down south as well, mashallah. Inshallah u learn lots from here and make loads of friends  biggrin.gif                     

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users