What can I touch and do when on my period?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Aishag88_*

Guest_Aishag88_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 04 May 2005 - 11:21 PM

I know I can not touch Qur'an and pray when on my period. What else can I not do, and touch? I have a new book I just got in the mail two days ago, but I can't read it because (I think :!: ) it has Qur'an in it, is that true?  :?:  :?:  :?:  It's killing me to have this new book (I LOVE to read!) that I cant even look though!
Also, I have been told I can touch Qu'ran as long as it is in all English, and then I have been told I can't touch english Qur'an too.
   :oops:
Salaam Alikum,
A'isha

#2 Barbara

Barbara

Active Sister

• Members
  • 3,843 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:49 AM

Assalam'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Sister, there's a difference of opinion among scholars as to whether or not a woman having her menses can touch the Qur'an.  Some say no, some say yes.  

As for the Qur'an in English, I haven't heard of any scholar forbiding to touch it, so you can touch it as much as you wish.

Concerning the book containing some verses of the Qur'an, as far as I know, it's not the Qur'an itself, but only some verses in the book.  So there shouldn't be any problem, incha'Allah.

Barbara

#3 muslima2002

muslima2002

Active Sister

• Members
  • 3,632 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 05 May 2005 - 06:57 AM

Asalamu'alaykum
You can read in a book that is not the Quran itself but still have quotations from the Quran.

And then you cannot fast or sleep with your husband while you're having your period  :wink:
I've tried to find a fatwa but the site will not open  :?

#4 Pakistani_Angel

Pakistani_Angel

Our Sister

• Members
  • 9 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 08 May 2005 - 09:02 PM

assalam o alilum sister.

In case a woman during her menstrual period needs to touch the Qur’ân for educational or other valid reasons, then this will be permissible provided that she uses some covering for her hands like gloves or something else.

assalam alikum
Mafaza

#5 Nejwa

Nejwa

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,803 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:17 AM

Salaam Alikum!

[quote="Aishag88"
Also, I have been told I can touch Qu'ran as long as it is in all English, and then I have been told I can't touch english Qur'an too.
   :oops:
Salaam Alikum,
A'isha[/quote]

If you go to NEW MUSLIM/NON MULSIM SECTION and look for the tropic "How shall we treat translated Quran?" you can get the answer on your question with fatwas etc :wink:

Nejwa smile.gif

#6 Mom2dawood

Mom2dawood

Our Sister

• Members
  • 340 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:02 AM

You may touch/read any other books exept the Arabic Mus-haf.

You can read it online though, I believe, or listen to it, InshaAllah.

#7 muslima2002

muslima2002

Active Sister

• Members
  • 3,632 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 09 May 2005 - 12:12 PM

Assalamu'alaykum
I read in a book that you can topuch the Holy Quran as long as it has a cover on it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users