2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Amani S._*

Guest_Amani S._*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 29 November 2003 - 06:11 AM

Assalamu Alaikum......

I have some confusion over the issue of forgivness.  My understanding is that we never truly know if we have been forgiven for our sins,  that we must always ask for forgivness.  But my understanding of one of the reasons for fasting during Ramadan is to be forgiven for our sins and that if we fast for the entire month and pray and read Quran we will be forgiven for all of our wrong doings.  I have also been told this concerning hajj.

Does fasting for Ramadan and performing hajj forgive us for all our sins?

Amani S.                    

#2 Paradise_lover

Paradise_lover

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 29 November 2003 - 05:37 PM

Salam alikom

Question :

If Hajj is accepted does that means that major sins are forgiven?.

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.  

It was narrated in al-Saheehayn that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Whoever performs Hajj and does not utter obscenities or commit sin, will come back as on the day when his mother bore him.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1521; Muslim, 1350.

And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “From one ‘Umrah to the next is an expiation for whatever (sins) came between them, and for an accepted Hajj there is no reward but Paradise.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1773; Muslim, 1349.

Hajj and other righteous deeds are means of expiation of sins, if a person does them in the manner prescribed in sharee’ah. The majority of scholars are of the view that righteous deeds only expiate for minor sins; with regard to major sins it is essential to repent. They quote as evidence for this view the hadeeth narrated by Muslim from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him), according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The five daily prayers, from one Jumu’ah to the next and from one Ramadaan to the next, expiate for whatever (sins) come in between them, so long as you avoid major sins.” Narrated by Muslim, 1/209.

Imam Ibn al-Mundhir (may Allaah have mercy on him) and a group of scholars are of the view that an accepted Hajj expiates for all sins, because of the apparent meaning of the two hadeeth quoted above.

And Allaah knows best.

See Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth al’Ilmiyyah wa’l-Ifta, 11/13.

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)                    

#3 Paradise_lover

Paradise_lover

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 29 November 2003 - 05:46 PM

Salam alikom

The significance of fasting

Question: What is the status and significance of fasting as a form of worship in Islaam, especially (during) the month of Ramadhaan?

Response: The status of fasting in Islaam is that it is one of its great (important) pillars, without which one's religion is incomplete.

And as for it's significance in Islaam, then it has been authenticated on the authority of the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) that he said:

((Whoever fasts during the month of Ramadhaan, out of sincere faith and hoping to attain Allaah's rewards, then all his previous sins will be forgiven)).

Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen
Fataawa Ramadhaan - Volume 1, Page 37, Fatwa No. 9;
Fiqh al-'Ibaadaat - Page 171
(www.fatwa-online.com)                    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users