9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ebelios_*

Guest_ebelios_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 02 November 2004 - 07:27 AM

Assalamu alaikum

Have any of you sisters been to Beliefnet.com  ?

If you havent this is a very nice site.  Also they have a nice newsletter.    

If you go to the site, and go down on the left side there will be a section that says 'newsletters'.  I recommend the Muslim Wisdom newsletter.  It sends things like a hadith everyday to your mail.  This is very nice and I highly recommend it.

#2 MissPink

MissPink

Active Sister

• Members
  • 6,057 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 02 November 2004 - 04:16 PM

Assalamu alaikom

Ooooh, thanks for the tip!

I have been there a couple of times before, to take a quiz. Didn't spend much time there...

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

#3 Luka

Luka

Our Sister

• Members
  • 753 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 02 November 2004 - 04:45 PM

Salaam aleikum

Nice site, i know. But forum is not so good, specially not for new muslim sisters, who might get the idea that hijab is not from islam, that muslim women can marry nonmuslim men etc... Due to some VERY strong minded admins, who even delete posts made with other views than their own.

#4 Hessa

Hessa

Our Sister

• Members
  • 259 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 02 November 2004 - 07:10 PM

Assalaamu alaikum,

My main concern with that site is that it includes many religions.  I don't know if the moderators for the Islam section are good muslims or they could even be nonmuslim.  The site also contains information in the Islam section about Sufism and Shia, which users of this site would agree that they are misguided.  Therefore, some of the information on the site may be wrong.  I feel that there are better sources of Islamic knowledge out there.  The site may have some good articles, but I don't think it's a place to find knowledge.

#5 Guest_ebelios_*

Guest_ebelios_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 02 November 2004 - 07:31 PM

Assalamu alaikum sisters

well I wasnt posting that for the site itself.. ive never even looked at it really... but just for the newsletter.  It is very good.

#6 Noor67

Noor67

Our Sister

• Members
  • 763 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 04 November 2004 - 10:00 PM

Asalaamu Alaikum

QUOTE(Luka)
Salaam aleikum

Nice site, i know. But forum is not so good, specially not for new muslim sisters, who might get the idea that hijab is not from islam, that muslim women can marry nonmuslim men etc... Due to some VERY strong minded admins, who even delete posts made with other views than their own.

This is VERY true! I used to visit the Islam forum on Beliefnet before I found IslamWay and left because every time a sister posts something that is not clearly considered “progressive Islam,” she was bashed about by the moderator (who is a bull of a woman when it comes to her opinions). Really, it's not so bad that this moderator doesn't agree, it's that she is VERY hostile and really has a way of making someone feel pretty bad about believing something different. She resorts to name calling and other truly un-Islamic behavior. I don't like the forum at all...

Salaam,
~Noor

#7 kimberley1983

kimberley1983

Our Sister

• Members
  • 26 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 05 November 2004 - 01:59 AM

Salaam alaikum sisters,

I am a subscriber to the newletter as well. What a joy it is to open your mailbox to such wonderful messges.

However I am also a member of the forum. I don't think the moderator resorts to name calling, and I think she is a wonderful person.  My posts go missing sometimes too, but other than that the forum is an excellent way to learn ALL opinions on Islam.

Please sisters, its Ramadan...lets all come together as MUSLIMS...not in division...!  biggrin.gif

FiAmaanallah

Kimberley

#8 khadi1

khadi1

Active Sister

• Members
  • 8,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 06 November 2004 - 08:23 PM

Assalamou aleikoum wa Rahmatullah wa Barakatou,

The first thing to remember, when checking a site, and that if you really want authentic Islam and not innovations and not deviation, is to check whom they quote from, whom do they take thier articles from and if they give fatwas, which scholars.....
First sight, many sites look like Sunni/Ahl us Sunnah wa Jammah sites.. but when you check out thier links, their authors, thier shcolars, many are unknown or do not quote from authentic sources.. that is , they quote weak hadiths, and take them as evidence for their claims..

This is very dangerous for new muslims or  newly practising born muslims who may not distinguish at first the truth from the falsehood...even it is even hard on ''older'' muslims...

Not all sites on Islam are Islamic and not all sites saying they follow the Quran and the Sunnah (ie, Sunni) do that....

If you want to received Hadeeth every day, why do not you subscribe to
www.quraan.com
they'll send you a hadith and an Ayah a day... and  there are proven to be reliable....

No, we are not looking for division, we are all muslims, but we are all at a different degree..

I think that on the Last Day, a muslim who strove to follow the Quran and the Sunnah and the understanding of the pious Predecessors, strove to keep to the five pillars of Islam, strove to do good deeds and looked for Allah's Pleasure, will be in a better position Inshallah than a muslim who did not care where info came from and who follows whoever directed him without checking where he was going....

Inshallah, we will be all in the first category......

Please note that this a general comment on how to check websites, and this is not directed at Beliefnet which I have not visited therefore, I would not comment on it..

#9 nusayba2

nusayba2

Our Sister

• Members
  • 111 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 07 November 2004 - 08:07 PM

asalaamu allaikum sisters

sis khadi1 jzkalaah for that site it is so nice and some good articles that i am enjoying reading at a moment.

w/s

#10 sarah_anisah

sarah_anisah

Active Sister

• Members
  • 4,408 posts
  • Interests:Islam, my children

غير متواجدة

Posted 07 November 2004 - 08:53 PM

Assalamu Alaikum
Another site for good articles is www.islaam.com