Just converted to Islam

9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_zaynabou_*

Guest_zaynabou_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 10 August 2004 - 12:45 AM

Sallam,I converted about a month ago.I am very happy for what I have done.I listen to the Quran on a daily basis.But what do you do?when people is always asking you why did you convert.I am so tired of that question.I lost most of my friends.But I have gained alot of love from every muslim that I have meet.I was just wondering if there were other muslim women out there who as converted and hhave non-muslim women have asked you why?What did you say and how did you deal with that question?

#2 islaam_is_a_way_of_life

islaam_is_a_way_of_life

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,455 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 10 August 2004 - 02:49 AM

Assalamu alaikum

Welcome to the forum sis, and Mabrook on becoming a Muslimah!

People often ask me WHY!! Subhana'Allah! You'd think I did something terrible! Anyway, more often than not people just assume that I 'converted' for my husband and that couldn't be any further from the truth wa Allahu alem. I tell them that I became curious about Islam and started reading books and other Islamic material on line. I soon realized that I had found what I had been searching for all my life. I then reverted to Islam and I have been happy ever since. People just look at me like I've got two heads or something. I got married about 7 months after I reverted.

Kareema

#3 Nejwa

Nejwa

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,803 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 10 August 2004 - 06:36 AM

Salaam Aliekum!

I want only to say: [font=Lucida Console:6611f3c2cd]Welcome[/font:6611f3c2cd] to becoming a Muslimah.

Nejwa smile.gif

#4 sarah_anisah

sarah_anisah

Active Sister

• Members
  • 4,408 posts
  • Interests:Islam, my children

غير متواجدة

Posted 10 August 2004 - 09:15 AM

Assalamu Alaikum
[marq=right:0697bb1e6c]W

Mubarak (congratulations) on becoming a Muslim, may Allah keep you steadfast upon the Siraatal Mustaqeem!

As for the questions.... as a new muslim it is something you are just going to have to get used to explaining  :roll:  People are curious by nature, and many times you will repeat your story!!

Just keep it concise and to the point.. explain that you were studying about Islam and you decided it was the truth and the way you want to live your life. I also always say that the true Islam is not one you learn from the tabloid newspapers or the broadcasted news programmes!!

Sadly many people are as ignorant as they are curious and you never know, you taking time to relay your journey to Islam may actually make them go away and find the truth for theirselves. InshaAllah!!

Sarah

#5 Lilac

Lilac

Our Sister

• Members
  • 330 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 10 August 2004 - 08:27 PM

Assalamu Alaikum Sister Zaynabou,

[size=18][marq=right:e29ee3971d]W

I'm afraid that im one of those culprits, who asks people how/why they reverted as i am a 'born muslim'.  I only ask because i dont personally know many reverts and im always excited to hear their stories.  It makes me appreciate that i was born into Islam, as many people go through this world never knowing the truth.

I never assume that people revert because they want to get married, i think this is very ignorant.

[marq=right:e29ee3971d]I hope you enjoy reading the posts.
[/marq:e29ee3971d]
Salaam.

Lilac.

#6 searching

searching

Our Sister

• Members
  • 243 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 10 August 2004 - 10:01 PM

Salam Alaikum sister

Welcome to the site and Congrats on taking that step of being Muslim.  May Allah give you peace in your life and guide you on a righteous path.

I reverted nearly 10 months ago now..i get "why" less often now..but get it from time to time.

here is my typical response to the "why" or "did you do it for love" ??

Yes, i first learned about islam from my husband...but we were married when i was christain.  After some time..i became curious as what the religion is about.  So..i started reading what the Koran really says...and getting other books and collecting all kinds of information.  I felt compelled to read everything i could get my hands on...and started realizing Islam is the truth.  I took the step of being muslim because i felt it was my destiny...and the best way to please God.

Sis, its up to you and your reasons..but try not to go in to alot of details...and answer questions that you KNOW the correct answer..and dont be afriad to say "I am not sure how Islam views _____ or ____...Let me search for an answer and i can tell you later if you want"  this way..you dont need all the answers to a curious persons questions..and avoid saying something that is not proper or trying to convince somebody (non mulsim) of the truth...this task can be very difficult even for a scholar.  

Some people are just asking because they are really curious...they will keep their own opinion of "why she did that"..and others might change their mind based on what you say.  In my experience..they ask then never ask another "why" question.  Yet i have had a few ask me questions from time to time..and do seem "interested in knowing how a muslim lives"

Allah surely guides those He wills.

Looking forward to hearing more about you smile.gif

That's my 2 cents,
Penny

#7 swsis570

swsis570

Our Sister

• Members
  • 331 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 11 August 2004 - 07:16 PM

As-salaam Alaikum sister Zaynabou and welcome!   Well I always ask that question because I love to hear revert stories!
A good reason and the main reason is SALVATION, but some not so minor reasons, well I could think up a hundred!

My health, my peace of mind, guidance, structure and organization in my life, improved relations with my family, help with problems, someone to lean on, to soothe my heart, mind and soul etc, etc, etc!!!
swsis570

#8 mrskhan

mrskhan

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,379 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 12 August 2004 - 12:27 PM

assalamakaikum sis
[
[marq=right:31a516bd2f]welcome to the forum.[/marq:31a516bd2f]

looking forward to know more abt u sis
may allah guide u and help u always
Mrs Khan

#9 dahlia2

dahlia2

Our Sister

• Members
  • 156 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 12 August 2004 - 04:35 PM

welcome to this board and mabrook for your conversion

#10 Nivea

Nivea

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,465 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 12 August 2004 - 10:32 PM

[marq=right:53172b0920]user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image[/marq:53172b0920]

Salaam Aliekum Sister zaynabou biggrin.gif

Welcome to Islam and to our Sisters forums!

Mabrook on your reversion Sister!!!!!

Look forward to reading more of your posts, InshaAllah.

Nivea

[marq=right:53172b0920]user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image[/marq:53172b0920]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users