7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Amani S._*

Guest_Amani S._*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 25 June 2004 - 01:49 PM

Assalamu alaikum...

I was just diagnosed with diabetes...does anyone know of any good websites about diabetes?

#2 kuching48

kuching48

Our Sister

• Members
  • 416 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 25 June 2004 - 02:30 PM

Assalamualaikum sister,

I'm very sorry to here that you have diabetes. Although I do not know that much about it personally, here are two websites that appear to be quite good.

If you type in "diabetes" on google.com, you will find many more inshaAllah.

http://www.diabetes.org/home.jsp

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/56/65902

I will make dua for you..InshaAllah your health will get better and I pray that you find the information you are looking for..ameen

wassalam,

aisha

#3 Nejwa

Nejwa

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,803 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 25 June 2004 - 08:22 PM

Salaam Aliekum Sister!

I have diabetes too.I get it for about 2 years ago.I have read alot of diabetes so you can ask any questions about diabetes to me if you want  :wink:  I shall try to answer so best I can
I have a website I like it`s American Diabetes Association.I get newsletter from them every week.

Nejwa smile.gif

#4 umfaisal

umfaisal

Our Sister

• Members
  • 113 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 26 June 2004 - 10:20 PM

Asalaam alaikum,

I also have diabetes. This sister was right just put the subject in a search engine inshallah. You will get lot's of site info.

wasalaam
umfaisal

#5 Guest_Amani S._*

Guest_Amani S._*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 27 June 2004 - 03:06 PM

Assalamu alaikum...

Jazak Allahu Khair for the replies...I have checked the several websites including the American Diabetes...The problem I've had with the American Diabetes site is that everytime link I click on is just a book they are trying to sell me sad.gif

#6 Nejwa

Nejwa

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,803 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:29 PM

Salaam Aliekum!

That was sad sad.gif  to hear that the website you get want only to sell you books.If you search again for "American Diabetes Assosiation" if you look on the right site it`s stand "newly diagnosed" and left site it`s stand
"all about diabetes", "Nutrion and recipes" etc I could see information there :wink: I shall try to see if I can find some more website tomorrow :wink:

Nejwa smile.gif

#7 Nivea

Nivea

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,465 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:24 AM

Salaam Aliekum Dear Sister Amani,

I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well. sad.gif   Alhamdulillah, you have been diagnosed and can work on ways to control your diabetes, InshaAllah.

Here is a site that I came across a while ago...InshaAllah this helps you:

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/56/65902

I have others as well, which I will try to post up a bit later, InshaAllah.

Take Care of yourself Sis.  You are in my Duaa's, InshaAllah.

Love,
Nivea

#8 Nivea

Nivea

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,465 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:26 AM

Salaam Aliekum Sister,

Just noticed Sis. kuching48 and I had the same idea, only mine was 'a day late and a dollar short',  :wink:  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Will try to post further information for you, InshaAllah.

Hugz,
Nivea

:arrow: [b]Salaam Aliekum Once again,

Sister when you log into the American Diabetes site there is a list of links over on the left hand side of that home page.
As you Hoover your courser over each link there is yet another drop down list of pages with TONS of information.  InshaAllah you will find what you are looking for there.  
http://www.diabetes.org/home.jsp
I think you were clicking on the links on the opposite side of the page, which indeed are books that you can purchase as well.  

InshaAllah I've helped a bit.  

Let us know how you are feeling.  
Nivea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users