5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Amani S._*

Guest_Amani S._*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:58 PM

Assalamu alaikum...

I have recently found a new interest in trying food from other cultures and went on a recipe hunt...for like indian food alone...i found 33 pages on one site for indian foods lol...

So..i thought instead i would start this thread...

What are some of the most common everyday meals in your culture and their basic recipe...nothing fancy...just your regular everyday type meal...

#2 muslimah_amira

muslimah_amira

Our Sister

• Members
  • 314 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:00 PM

Salaam'alaikum,
I love making new foods. I don't like making Arabic food, but I'll try making some Indian and Pakistaino food. My old time favorite fast mean was baked chicken breat and veggies lol it was quick and easy, but hubby wasn't getting bored.
Salaam'alaikum
Amira

#3 ameena27

ameena27

Our Sister

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:i love art history , i love to read quaran and study about islam through libray and internet.

غير متواجدة

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:06 AM

Salam Alaikum dear sisters,
my husband is from alexandria egypt and let me tell you this MAN CAN COOK !!! he has taught everything i need to know about arabic food.... also when i was in egypt i tried alot of things , and let me say the best thing in the world is FALAFEL... i live by this ... i am sure most of you know what this is , but in case you dont its grinded up fava beans with different spices.... and you deep fry it in a ball shape and its sooooooooo wonderful .. also try this .. my husband takes chopped tomatoes , fresh chopped cilantro , cinnamon, cumin, chopped onions, lime juice from a fresh lime not concentrated, fresh chopped garlic and add sea salt to your liking and pepper .. Or whatever spices you like , as long as you ADD the cinnamon .. ITS the main thang! it makes it wonderful .. mix all this up and TASTE.. its my hubby's famous SALAD.. we eat it with falafel and fava beans and pita bread for breakfast .. YUUUMMMY!!

with love ,  

Ameena wub.gif

#4 amina1983

amina1983

Our Sister

• Members
  • 795 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:58 AM

ASalamu alaikum,

Do I know falafel are u kidding? I can eat falafel any time any place. LOL masha'ALlah your husband can cook, he should start a class for the rest of them biggrin.gif biggrin.gif. If you don't like Ful in Egypt you're in big trouble.
Oh since hes Alexandrian tell him to make Harissa for you biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

ma'salama
*Amina*

#5 rayofhope04

rayofhope04

Active Sister

• Members
  • 7,428 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 27 October 2006 - 03:41 AM

wa alaikum as-salaam wa rahmatuAllahi wa barakatuh smile.gif

my culture ? I think... Zahra-n culture!! biggrin.gif

I just eat whatever I feel like usually..... maybe a bowl of cereal, maybe a random sandwich, maybe some pasta, maybe some naan and curry, maybe some hummus....... smile.gif

as for main dishes I eat... well just the above basically. some of the recipes are quite self explanatory and for the pakistani food, we basically use shan masala. wink.gif

Zahra

#6 Badreya

Badreya

Active Sister

• Members
  • 11,922 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 27 October 2006 - 03:45 AM

Salam alaikum
Hm at this point I probably cook most Syrian and lebanese food pretty well.
About all Jordanian food.
Unfortunatly we don't eat much food from my country because seafood is very expensive and it makes up most of our cooking (Spain).

what is a regular meal like?
A main dish
Rice unless it's cooked in with the main meal.
Salad (or 2).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users