10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_poise_*

Guest_poise_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:42 AM

Asalaamu Alaikoom,

I have a few questions, some for myself, some theoretical, and some which were asked to me.

1. If a person becomes a muslim, then apostates, then re-enters the fold of Islam and said shahadah privately or did not have witnesses because they were ashamed and did not want people to see their sins and didn't want it to be known that they had apostated at one time, are they Muslim or do they need to repeat it again?

2. What is the ruling on the practice in many Muslim schools of 'teaching' dua' by, for example, every morning saying them and then breaking it up so that the kids repeat after it. For example: the person says allahumma salli ala, and then the students repeat after, then they say muhammad wa ala and the students say it. Is this a bid'ah or accepted because it is 'educational'? And when people make thikr by, for example, the 'leader' saying subhanallah once, and then the people make thikr on their fingers (quietly) and then the leader says alhamdulilah and the students know to finish subhanallah and change to alhamdulilah and then it goes on like that to allahu akbar. Is this bid'ah? It seemed wrong to me but as I had never seen it covered on any fatwa, I did not know.

3. What is the ruling on backbiting non-muslims?

4. Are Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj cannibalistic and if so, what proof is there in the sunnah?

5. If one is attending an Islamic school and they see things are wrong, the teachers are teaching things that are wrong (for example: saying music is halal, saying photography is halal and that the scholars who said it was haram were older and didn't understand how a camera works, teaching innovation, quoting da'if hadith, answering questions (which are like the questions asked for fatwa) wrongly with mistaken answers, and are (unknowingly) taking part in bid'ah, is the student islamically obligated to correct them or, knowing that they will get in trouble with both school and family due to the belief that one needs to respect and not 'argue' or disagree with teachers to them even when they are wrong, and that they will probably not believe or agree with the student, is it OK for the student to say nothing and only try and correct the friends who are willing to listen about it.

6. What should one say to the one who slanders you? Is there a dua' such as the one we say when wrong is done to us during a time when we are fasting? When someone makes fun of the way that we behave Islamically, for example praying as we are taught to in the sunnah which looks different from their culturally taught way, our poor reading skills of qur'an, our not mixing with men, or our interest for Islamic books, articles, and lectures, what should we do? Just ignore? Even when its continuous?

7. I know that the believer loves for the sake of Allah and hates for the sake of allah so when we see someone who does a lot of bad things, for example comitting zina', not praying, consuming alcohol...etc, how can we deal with our resentment without giving them our good deeds? And when talking to someone for example, telling a committer of zina' that what they are doing makes them a zaniyah, and you are telling them to their face something which is in fact, true, is this slander or something bad? And if you know that someone is doing these things, some of which make them as non-muslims, do the same rules of treatment as we use for Muslims occur for them, do we still need to act like they are our sisters or can we be act toward them as we would with any non-muslim?

8. If we are praying behind someone every day who continually prays extremely fast to the point where one doesn't even finish fatihah, is our prayer still accepted. What about the hadiths which talk about the very fast prayer being unaccepted?

Umm, I think thats it. I know this is a lot, but I've been saving up everyones questions that I didn't know.

JazakhAllahu Khayran to whoever ends up having to answer all of them. wink.gif

Edited by poise, 22 March 2007 - 02:46 AM.

#2 Ola

Ola

Active Sister

• Members
  • 7,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:51 PM

Assalaamu alaikum,

I'll try to answer the"easier" ones first, inshaAllah. smile.gif

3. What is the ruling on backbiting non-muslims?

Ruling on backbiting about non-Muslims

Question:
Please inform us if the gheebah (backbiting) is the same for non-believers as it is for Muslims.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly, it is not a Muslim characteristic to speak rudely. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Muslim does not slander, curse, speak obscenely or speak rudely.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, who said, this is a ghareeb hasan hadeeth; it was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani). Whoever does a thing a lot, it will become his habit, so the Muslim should keep away from all the ways that lead to evil, whether minor or major. Whoever drives his sheep near the enclosure of the king is bound to cross the line.  

Secondly, if your question is referring to backbiting about a kaafir by mentioning his physical defects, such as his having a long nose or a big mouth, etc., then do not do this, because this is making fun of the creation of Allaah. If it means talking about his bad characteristics which he flaunts openly, such as zina and immorality, or drinking alcohol, and warning against him, there is nothing wrong with that. There follow some of the comments of the scholars on this topic:

Zakariya al-Ansaari said: “Backbiting about a kaafir is haraam if he is a dhimmi [a non-Muslim living under Islamic rule], because that puts them off from accepting the jizyah and it is going against the treaty of dhimmah (agreement between non-Muslim subjects and the Islamic state) and the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). ‘Whoever makes a snide comment to a dhimmi has earned Hell.’ (Narrated by Ibn Hibbaan in his Saheeh). It is permissible (to backbite about a kaafir) if he is a harbi (one who is at war with the Muslims), because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to command Hassaan to lampoon the mushrikeen.”

(Asna al-Mutaalib ma’a Haashiyatihi, vol. 3, p. 116)

Ahmad ibn Hajar al-Haythami said in al-Zawaajir ‘an Iqtiraaf al-Kabaa’ir (vol. 2, p. 27): “Al-Ghazaali was asked about backbiting about a kaafir. He said: with regard to a Muslim, it is forbidden for three reasons: causing offence; criticizing the creation of Allaah, for Allaah is the Creator of the deeds of His slaves; and wasting time in something that is of no benefit. The first is haraam, the second is makrooh, and the third is not the best thing that one can do. With regard to the dhimmi, he is like the Muslim as far as not harming him is concerned, because the Lawgiver protects his honour, blood and property. It was said in al-Khaadim, the first view is correct. Ibn Hibbaan narrated in his Saheeh that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘Whoever makes a snide comment to a Jew or a Christian deserves Hell.’ The meaning of making a snide comment is to make someone hear something that will cause offence to him. There is no stronger evidence than this, i.e., it is haraam. Al-Ghazaali said: with regard to the harbi, the former is not haraam, and the second and third are makrooh. With regard to one who commits bid’ah (innovation), if he is becomes a kaafir thereby, then he is like a harbi, otherwise he is like a Muslim, but speaking of him with regard to his bid’ah is not makrooh. Ibn al-Mundhir said, concerning the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “It is your mentioning about your brother that which he dislikes,” – this indicates that in the case of one who is not your brother, such as a Jew or a Christian or a follower of any other religion, or one whose bid’ah has put him beyond the pale of Islam, there is no backbiting in his case.”

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

#3 Ola

Ola

Active Sister

• Members
  • 7,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:16 PM

Assalaamu alaikum,

1. If a person becomes a muslim, then apostates, then re-enters the fold of Islam and said shahadah privately or did not have witnesses because they were ashamed and did not want people to see their sins and didn't want it to be known that they had apostated at one time, are they Muslim or do they need to repeat it again?

How does an apostate come back to Islam?

Question:
If a muslim converts to another religion and later decides to come back to Islam, what is the process that he/she needs to go through inorder to return to Islam???? Is there a certain time period within which he/she can return to Islam?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.  

If a person leaves Islam then decides to come back to it, what he has to do is to bear witness that there is no god except Allaah and that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger. If his apostasy was because he denied one of the basic principles of the religion, then his return to Islam cannot be complete until he affirms the principle that he had denied. There is no particular time period within which he can return to Islam; his repentance will be accepted until the point when the death-rattle sounds in his throat and his soul departs. If he is guided back to Islam within the time when it is possible (i.e., before death) and he performs as many of the Islamic duties as he can, then he is a Muslim.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Kareem al-Khudayr

It is not essential to have witnesses in order to enter Islam

Question:
My question is one concerning, when a non muslim wants to accept the Shahadah.  Do witnesses need to be present?  I remember a hadith  mentioning a man who killed 99 ppl and was sent to heaven b/c of his intentions of coming towards islam?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not essential for the one who wants to utter the twin testimony of faith (al-shahaadatayn) to have witnesses present. He may simply utter the words with his tongue, and that is sufficient for him to enter Islam.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

#4 Ola

Ola

Active Sister

• Members
  • 7,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:33 PM

Assalaamu alaikum,

Will be back inshaAllah. smile.gif

#5 Ola

Ola

Active Sister

• Members
  • 7,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 23 March 2007 - 01:05 PM

Assalaamu alaikum,

4. Are Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj cannibalistic and if so, what proof is there in the sunnah?

I searched Islamqa, Islamtoday, and Islamweb, but could not find anything about them being cannibalistic. Here's some info about them:

Fatwa No. :  81773
Fatwa Title : Yajuj and Majuj (Gog and Magog)
Fatwa Date : / 01-06-1999

Question  

I want know about the Yajuj and Majuj (Gog and Magog) . I want to know that when will they come , what will they do , where are they now . Please answer my question with the details .

Fatwa

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions. Yajuj and Majuj (Gog and Magog) are two populated nations. They are from the offspring of Adam (Peace of Allah be upon him) as it is proved in al-Bukhari and Muslim. The Messenger of Allah (Blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: "Allah, the High and glorious, would say: O Adam! And he would say: At Your service, at Your beck and call, O Lord, and the good is in Your Hand. Allah would say: Bring forth the group of (the denizens of) Fire. He (Adam) would say: Who are the denizens of Hell? It would be said: They are out of every thousand nine hundred and ninety-nine. He (the Prophet) said: It is at this juncture that every child would become white-haired and every pregnant woman would abort and you would see people in a state of intoxication, and they would not be in fact intoxicated but grievous will be the torment of Allah. He (the narrator) said: This had a very depressing effect upon them (upon the companions of the Prophet) and they said: Messenger of Allah, who amongst us would be (that unfortunate) person (who would be doomed to Hell)? He said: Good tidings for you, Yajuj and Majuj would be those thousands (who would be the denizens of Hell) and a person (selected for Paradise) would be amongst you!"
Allah has mentioned in the Holy Qur'an that the barrier raised by Dhul-Qarnain (A good powerful man) prevents them from getting out. If they get out, they will destroy crops, cattle and progeny. Allah Says (interpretation of meaning): {Until, when he reached between two mountains, he found, before (near) them (those two mountains), a people who scarcely understood a word. They said: "O Dhul-Qarnain! Verily! Ya'juj and Majuj (Gog and Magog) are doing great mischief in the land. Shall we then pay you a tribute in order that you might erect a barrier between us and them?" He Said: "That (wealth, authority and power) in which my Lord had established me is better (than your tribute). So help me with strength (of men), I will erect between you and them a barrier. "Give me pieces (blocks) of iron," then, when he had filled up the gap between the two mountain-cliffs, he said: "Blow," till when he had made it (red as) fire, he said: "Bring me molten copper to pour over it". So they [Yajuj and Majuj (Gog and Magog)] were made powerless to scale it or dig through it.} [18: 93-97].

Allah and His Messenger have stated that appearance of Yajuj and Majuj is among the signs of the Day of Resurrection.
Allah Says (interpretation of meaning): {This is a mercy from my Lord, but when the Promise of my Lord comes, He shall level it down to the ground. And the Promise of my Lord is ever true.}[18: 98].
At that time they will appear like the waves of ocean. This will take place just before the Day of Resurrection.
Allah describes their condition when they will get out from behind the barrier. He says: {Until, when Yajuj and Majuj (Gog and Magog) are let loose (from their barrier), and they swiftly swarm from every mound. And the true promise (Day of Resurrection) shall draw near (of fulfillment).} [21: 96-97].
And Prophet Muhammad (Blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) has informed that a hole through the barrier of Gog and Magog has been made. Imam Bukhari and Muslim narrated from Zainab Bint Jahsh, who reported that one-day Allah's Messenger came out in a state of excitement with his face quite red. And he said: "There is no God but Allah. There is a destruction in store for Arabia because of the turmoil which is near at hand as the barrier of Gog and Magog has been opened like it, and he (in order to explain it) made a ring with the help of his thumb and forefinger. I said: Allah's Messenger, would we be destroyed despite the fact that there would be pious people among us? He said: Yes, when the evil would predominate".
They (Gog and Magog) will appear after the descent of the prophet Isa (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who will kill the Dajjal as Imam Muslim narrated from al-Nawas Ibn Sam'an, who reported in his long Hadith "Then a people who Allah had protected would come to Jesus, son of Mary, and he would wipe their faces and would inform them of their ranks in Paradise and it would be under such conditions that Allah would reveal to Jesus these words: I have brought forth from amongst My servants such people against whom none would be able to fight; you take these people safely to Tur, and then Allah would send Gog and Magog and they would swarm down from every slope. The first of them would pass the lake of Tiberias and drink out of it. And when the last of them would pass, he would say: There was once water there. Jesus and his companions would then be besieged here (at Tur, and they would be so much hard pressed) that the head of the ox would be dearer to them than one hundred dinirs and Allah's Apostle, Jesus, and his companions would supplicate Allah, Who would send to them insects (which would attack their necks) and in the morning they would perish like one single person. Allah's Apostle, Jesus, and his companions would then come down to the earth and they would not find in the earth as much space as a single span which is not filled with their putrefaction and stench. Allah's Apostle, Jesus, and his companions would then again beseech Allah, Who would send birds whose necks would be like those of bactrin camels and they would carry them and throw them where God would will. Then Allah would send rain which no house of clay or (the tent of) camels' hairs would keep out and it would wash away the earth until it could appear to be a mirror".
Finally, although no one knows where they are living now, but there is no doubt in their existence on this earth.

Allah knows best.

Answerer:  Fatwa center supervised by Dr. Abdullah Al-faqih

#6 Ola

Ola

Active Sister

• Members
  • 7,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:27 PM

Assalaamu alaikum,

I sent in your second and eighth question to Islamtoday. smile.gif

#7 Ola

Ola

Active Sister

• Members
  • 7,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:05 PM

Assalaamu alaikum,

5. If one is attending an Islamic school and they see things are wrong, the teachers are teaching things that are wrong (for example: saying music is halal, saying photography is halal and that the scholars who said it was haram were older and didn't understand how a camera works, teaching innovation, quoting da'if hadith, answering questions (which are like the questions asked for fatwa) wrongly with mistaken answers, and are (unknowingly) taking part in bid'ah, is the student islamically obligated to correct them or, knowing that they will get in trouble with both school and family due to the belief that one needs to respect and not 'argue' or disagree with teachers to them even when they are wrong, and that they will probably not believe or agree with the student, is it OK for the student to say nothing and only try and correct the friends who are willing to listen about it.

I hope the following answers your question:

How can he enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil with regard to his father who is older than him?

Question:
As a young Muslim (26yrs) im often challenged with enjoining good and forbidding the wrong with poeple much older than me, especially my father who is muslim(from Egypt),how do I do this when he acts unjust with the way he talks to me,my brothers and my mother,not spending or teaching that much for thier deen ,whilst they go extreamly astray ,seeing my father shaking hands or hugging wemon at work for business puposses as he says not to make them feel uncomfortable or think weird,,,or as a youth leader for a youth group ,the parents will some times tell the children in my group while we are having a meeting to do something wich is a bida' in front of me,,how do I correct things like this in my position with out seeming disrespectfull to my elders.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.  

Enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil is one of the greatest duties that Islam enjoins upon Muslims; Allaah has made it the main quality of this ummah and a condition of it being the best of people. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“You (true believers in Islamic Monotheism, and real followers of Prophet Muhammad and his Sunnah) are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind; you enjoin Al-Ma‘roof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam has ordained) and forbid Al‑Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden), and you believe in Allaah”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:110]

“The believers, men and women, are Awliyaa’ (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) of one another; they enjoin (on the people) Al‑Ma‘roof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do), and forbid (people) from Al‑Munkar (i.e. polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islam has forbidden); they perform As-Salaah (Iqaamat-as-Salaah), and give the Zakaah, and obey Allaah and His Messenger. Allaah will have His Mercy on them. Surely, Allaah is All-Mighty, All-Wise”

[al-Tawbah 9:71]

See also question no. 11403. This is indicative of the high status that Islam gives to enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil.

With regard to the problems of undertaking this duty with regard to those who are older than you, especially your father, you can overcome these problems to a great extent by understanding that this duty must be accompanied by three basic characteristics: knowledge, kindness and patience. Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said: “These three are essential: knowledge, kindness and patience: knowledge before enjoining or forbidding, kindness when doing so and patience afterwards, as it was narrated that one of the salaf said: No one can enjoin what is good or forbid what is evil unless he understands what he is enjoining or forbidding, and is kind in enjoining and kind in forbidding, and is patience and forbearing when enjoining and when forbidding.”

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 28/137

In order to solve these problems we should first draw attention to the importance of being patient and forbearing. Do not be too harsh with your father, because he is first of all your father, and because he is older than you. Seek help in doing that by choosing the right time for each conversation, watching out for times when he is in a good mood and is more likely to be influenced and respond. Also seek the help of wise, righteous and sincere people. Before all that it is essential to be sincere towards him in word and deed, and in all your affairs, and to fear that the punishment of his Lord may befall him, and after that be patient in awaiting the decree of your Lord. Whatever happens to you if you do this duty for the sake of Allaah, as Luqmaan the wise said to his son:

“O my son! Aqim‑is‑Salaah (perform As‑Salaah), enjoin (on people) Al‑Ma‘roof  (Islamic Monotheism and all that is good), and forbid (people) from Al‑Munkar (i.e. disbelief in the Oneness of Allaah, polytheism of all kinds and all that is evil and bad), and bear with patience whatever befalls you. Verily, these are some of the important commandments (ordered by Allaah with no exemption)”

[Luqmaan 31:17 – interpretation of the meaning]

You should always remember the Close Friend of the Most Merciful, Ibraaheem, and how he addressed his father when he told him not to associate others with Allaah, which is worse than the things that your father is doing; how he was loving towards him, felt pity for him and was sincere towards him, then he bore his bad response with patience. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And mention in the Book (the Qur’aan) Ibraaheem (Abraham). Verily, he was a man of truth, a Prophet.

42. When he said to his father: ‘O my father! Why do you worship that which hears not, sees not and cannot avail you in anything?

43. ‘O my father! Verily, there has come to me of the knowledge that which came not unto you. So follow me, I will guide you to the Straight Path.

44. ‘O my father! Worship not Shaytaan (Satan). Verily, Shaytaan (Satan) has been a rebel against the Most Gracious (Allaah).

45. ‘O my father! Verily, I fear lest a torment from the Most Gracious (Allaah) should overtake you, so that you become a companion of Shaytaan (Satan) (in the Hell‑fire).’

46. He (the father) said: ‘Do you reject my gods, O Ibraaheem (Abraham)? If you stop not (this), I will indeed stone you. So get away from me safely (before I punish you).’

47. Ibraaheem (Abraham) said: ‘Peace be on you! I will ask forgiveness of my Lord for you. Verily, He is unto me Ever Most Gracious.

48. ‘And I shall turn away from you and from those whom you invoke besides Allaah. And I shall call upon my Lord and I hope that I shall not be unblest in my invocation to my Lord’”

[Maryam 19:41-48]

With regard to the group that you are leading, this is an easier matter, because their closeness in age makes it easier for them to accept advice from you, especially if they know you to be sincere and honest, and that you practise what you preach. This practical implementation of what you are calling them to is one of the most effective means of da’wah, especially if speaking directly will cause them to turn away and be stubborn.

With regard to your advice and da’wah being undermined by their parents’ directions, you should avoid blatantly contradicting what they say; rather you should look at the mistakes and teach them the right way. If it is the matter of a sin that they are committing, then teach them to fear disobeying Allaah and to love obeying Him. Instill in their hearts a sense of the greatness of Allaah and the seriousness of His prohibitions, then teach them about what has been narrated concerning these particular sins. This is what you should do if it is the matter of an innovation that you notice them engaging in. First instill in their hearts the love of the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and teach them that this is the practical manifestation of love for the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). And instill in their hearts a hatred for bid’ah and tell them how it is the way that leads to Hell even though the one who follows it thinks that it is the way that leads to Paradise. Tell them of the advice of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to his ummah concerning that, as narrated in the hadeeth of al-‘Irbaad ibn Saariyah (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said:

“The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) led us in praying Fajr then he turned to us and delivered an eloquent exhortation that caused our eyes to flow with tears and our hearts to melt. We said (or they said): ‘O Messenger of Allaah, it is as if this exhortation is a farewell, so advise us.’ He said: ‘I advise you to fear Allaah and to listen and obey even if (your leader is) an Abyssinian slave. Those of you who live will see great differences after I am gone, so I urge you to adhere to my Sunnah and the path of the Rightly-Guided Caliphs, and take hold of it firmly. And beware of newly-invented matters, for every newly-invented matter is an innovation and every innovation is a going astray.’” Narrated by Ahmad, 16692 and others; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Saheehah, 45.

So after this general advice we move to addressing the specific bid’ah into which they have fallen.

It should be noted that your presence in this group should be for a good purpose; as long as your presence is more likely to do good or to reduce any evils, then join them in their gatherings with this intention. But beware of letting your presence have any negative effect or make you get used to accepting mistakes, or lead you to make similar mistakes. In that case you should leave the place where evil things are happening. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And it has already been revealed to you in the Book (this Qur’aan) that when you hear the Verses of Allaah being denied and mocked at, then sit not with them, until they engage in a talk other than that; (but if you stayed with them) certainly in that case you would be like them. Surely, Allaah will collect the hypocrites and disbelievers all together in Hell”

[al-Nisa’ 4:140]

Shaykh Ibn Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Whoever attends a gathering in which Allaah is disobeyed, then he must denounce their action if he is able to, or he must leave if he not able to do that.

Tafseer Ibn Sa’di, p. 210.

May Allaah help us and you to do that which He loves and which pleases Him, and make us steadfast in adhering to true guidance and the straight path.

Islam Q&A

#8 Ola

Ola

Active Sister

• Members
  • 7,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:21 PM

Assalaamu alaikum,

7. I know that the believer loves for the sake of Allah and hates for the sake of allah so when we see someone who does a lot of bad things, for example comitting zina', not praying, consuming alcohol...etc, how can we deal with our resentment without giving them our good deeds? And when talking to someone for example, telling a committer of zina' that what they are doing makes them a zaniyah, and you are telling them to their face something which is in fact, true, is this slander or something bad? And if you know that someone is doing these things, some of which make them as non-muslims, do the same rules of treatment as we use for Muslims occur for them, do we still need to act like they are our sisters or can we be act toward them as we would with any non-muslim?

I think the fatwa above is useful regarding your question. As fatwa stated, when enjoining good and forbidding evil one should be kind and gentle. Here is another fatwa:

Advising a person to his face

Question:
What is the ruling on speaking directly to a person and telling him of his faults whilst he is listening? Is this permissible?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.  

This is permissible if it is done in order to advice the person and rebuke him so that he will be deterred from committing sin. It should be done in a nice and polite manner so that the advice will be accepted. But if it is done in a mean-spirited way, intending to shame him, insult him and expose him to people, etc., then this is not permitted.

From Fataawaa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 12/342

#9 Ola

Ola

Active Sister

• Members
  • 7,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:29 PM

Assalaamu alaikum,

We received the following replies from Islamtoday.

Fatwa Number:    39690

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question:    Assalaamu alaikum, A sister is asking, "What is the ruling on the practice in many Muslim schools of 'teaching' dua' by, for example, every morning saying them and then breaking it up so that the kids repeat after it. For example: the person says allahumma salli ala, and then the students repeat after, then they say muhammad wa ala and the students say it. Is this a bid'ah or accepted because it is 'educational'? And when people make thikr by, for example, the 'leader' saying subhanallah once, and then the people make thikr on their fingers (quietly) and then the leader says alhamdulilah and the students know to finish subhanallah and change to alhamdulilah and then it goes on like that to allahu akbar. Is this bid'ah?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer:    Answered by Sheikh Sulaymân al-Tuwayjirî:

It is permissible to do engage in dhikr congregationally for teaching purposes only. The reason this case is different is that it is merely instruction. They are reciting it along with the teacher in order to learn it. Once they learn it, then there is no reason to recite it along with the teacher any more. They should continue reciting it on their own as part of their personal worship of Allah.

Fatwa Number:    39691
Question:    Assalaamu alaikum, A sister is asking, "If we are praying behind someone every day who continually prays extremely fast to the point where one doesn't even finish fatihah, is our prayer still accepted. What about the hadiths which talk about the very fast prayer being unaccepted?"  

Answer:   Answered by: Sheikh `Abd al-Rahmān al-`Ajlān

Professor at Mecca Grand Mosque

All praise is due to Allah and may peace and blessing be upon our Prophet Muhammad

Al-Salām `alaykum wa Rahmah Allah wa Barakātuh.

If the imam bows, you have to bow immediately after him. You do not wait until you finish reading Sūrah al-Fātihāh.

#10 Ola

Ola

Active Sister

• Members
  • 7,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:48 PM

Assalaamu alaikum,

What should one say to the one who slanders you? Is there a dua' such as the one we say when wrong is done to us during a time when we are fasting? When someone makes fun of the way that we behave Islamically, for example praying as we are taught to in the sunnah which looks different from their culturally taught way, our poor reading skills of qur'an, our not mixing with men, or our interest for Islamic books, articles, and lectures, what should we do? Just ignore? Even when its continuous?

Dear sister, I am sorry I could not find any du'aa to say when one slanders you. Maybe you could just make du'aa that Allah guides them, since mocking someone because of their Islamic behavior is a very dangerous thing to do. wa Allahu alim.

#11 Guest_poise_*

Guest_poise_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 26 March 2007 - 10:17 PM

Asalaamu 'Alaykum

JazakhAllahu Khayran, sis, for all your hard work. I may have some more questions soon! Sorry!

Edited by poise, 27 March 2007 - 10:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users