Question?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_AmericanGirl_*

Guest_AmericanGirl_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 24 January 2005 - 12:54 AM

What is authentic Ahlus-Sunnah literature? Please guide me. Where can i get the most "accurate" resouces from the quran to teach someone or perhaps my self.

#2 Sister Kamillah

Sister Kamillah

Active Sister

• Members
  • 5,633 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 24 January 2005 - 11:04 AM

asalamu alaikum,

is this for yourself or for someone else? how long has the person been a muslim and how much have they studied before? I need to know this before letting you know which books to start off with. I do have a list of scholars and books to study from. Or books that have been translated into english that are good. Do you speak Arabic and understand it, than there are numerous other books I would refer you too. Do you have a teacher?  Sorry for so many different question, but when someone wants to learn I am so interested.
tafseer (tafsir) Ibn Kather, this is the best out there in english
Ahadeeth books there are six I would advise having but the first one I would start with is the two Sahih Al Bukhari and Muslim
translation of the Quran Moshin Khan or Yusuf Ali
You must start off with Tauhid and I will write the names of books for this and have some articles of my own and my dh I can send you.(from Quran and Sunnah) we do a weekly halaqa here and write the total halaqa out, this would be excellent for you to use for yourself and your friend.

kamillah

#3 *Sister*K*

*Sister*K*

Our Sister

• Members
  • 909 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 24 January 2005 - 06:28 PM

Asaslamu Alaikum kamillah,

You mentioned that you have a list of books and scholars that you recommend, would I be able to receive the list of the scholars and books you recommend? There is sooo much information out there and many different "scholars" that it is difficult to really know that what you are reading can be trusted.

May Allah reward you for all of the work you do.

Take Care,

Kim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users