New Muslim Revert with NO SPIritual Help

11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BackinUSA_*

Guest_BackinUSA_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 28 January 2005 - 10:39 AM

I am a newe Muslim American revert who returned from Europe in November after spending six months there to try and begin a new life outside the USA. While in Europe, Allah opened my eyes and heart to the truth of Islam through the support of a Tunisian sister. I returned to the USA in November as my VISA was expiring and am now in the USA beginning life anew as a new Muslim revert with NO SPIRITUAL support. I am the ONLY Muslim revert in my family and currently residing with my parents as I am trying to become re-established here in the USA. I love my parents very much as the Prophet told us to do but they are very unsupportive, critical, and rather cruel to me due to my conversion to Islam but I REMAIN strong and true to the one true path of inner peace which is Islam. Yet, I am UNABLE to go to the Masjid which is one hour away or learn from other sisters as I have to rely on my parents for transportation and they live in a very rural area. I have NO KORAN or other Islamic literature to learn from. I wanted to wear Hijab but do NOT EVEN have access to this. I am considering in July or September of relocating to the Gulf as while in Europe the Tunisian sister had told me that there are good job opportunities there as I have financial experience in banking with collections and customer service and a Bachelors in Arts. I ONLY want to become the best Muslimah that I can to serve Allah fully. I just feel so ALONE and could use some spiritual support right now to grow on the right path until I make the decision of relocating to the Gulf or relocating outside the small circle of people who are around me. Salam

email: laurieincincy@hotmail.com

#2 Celestial

Celestial

Our Sister

• Members
  • 60 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 28 January 2005 - 12:06 PM

assalamu alaikum sis

welcome to the forums
alhamdulillah who has guided to His path and may He give you power and strenght to remain firm in this faith that you believe in
there are a lot of supportive and sweet sisters here mashallah whom im sure might have had the same experiences with unsupportive families and would be able to give you a lot of advice
as for relocating sis, there are a lot of sisters in the gulf, including me, who would be more than glad to advice you and help you out in your decisions..
i suppose from your email that you are in cinnciaty (sp?) i mite have missed a couple of n's and c's in the spelling :S, anyways sis inshallah youd find close by sisters in your area who could also be a great support
once again welcome, and dont hesitate to ask any questions that might come up in your mind
salams!

#3 Aaliyah_Fareeha

Aaliyah_Fareeha

Our Sister

• Members
  • 348 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 28 January 2005 - 12:12 PM

Assalaam alaikum Sister

WELCOME TO THE FORUM SISTER

Alhamdulillah for guiding you to our Deen!! What area do you live in maybe there are some sisters here in your area inshAllhah.

MAy Alla(swt) bring you strength and may He(swt) guide you always.

Love Aaliyah

#4 UmmSajda

UmmSajda

Our Sister

• Members
  • 152 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 28 January 2005 - 01:32 PM

As salam alikum sister,

[font=Comic Sans MS:05fc760414][marq=right:05fc760414]Congratulation on your reversion[/marq:05fc760414][/font:05fc760414]

user posted image

Inshllah you will not feel left out or lonely.You have come to the right place!!!!
Dont forget to rememeber Allah and pray you stay firm .Heres a little prayer you can start with " OO ALlah help me to remmeber You, Thankyou  and to worship You Properly"
"Our lord! let not our hearts deviate(from the truth) after You have guided us,and grant us mercy from You .Truly,you are the Bestower."

WELL DONE!!

ps- I live in the gulf. If u need a guide dont hesistate to PM me. tongue.gif

Amatullah!

#5 Ayda_Said

Ayda_Said

Our Sister

• Members
  • 157 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 28 January 2005 - 01:59 PM

eogvkj

#6 Aisha

Aisha

Active Sister

• Members
  • 5,159 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 28 January 2005 - 02:00 PM

Bismillahi Rahmanu Raheem.
As-Salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh dear sisters. smile.gif

Dear sister BackinUSA,

[marq=left:31da8c379f]Welcome to IslamWay Sisters biggrin.gif[/marq:31da8c379f]  

[marq=right:31da8c379f]Welcome to IslamWay Sisters biggrin.gif[/marq:31da8c379f]

Mabruk on your shahadah, alhamdulilah. biggrin.gif

Wa Salaamu alaikum,
Om-AbdulRahman. :wink:

#7 Katrin

Katrin

Our Sister

• Members
  • 518 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 28 January 2005 - 04:03 PM

Assalamu alaikum,

Congratulations on coming to Islam.  

I only wanted to say that I wish you my best and I hope that you somehow find the help you need.  Perhaps youŽll be able to get it here through other sisters in your area.

Good luck.

Ma salaama,

Katherine

#8 D A L I

D A L I

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,327 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 28 January 2005 - 04:04 PM

Assalamu alaikum,

Mabrook sis on reverting to Islam. May Allah continue to guide you and bless you in the deen.

If you ever need anything i'm here to help as so are all the other sisters here.

Fi aman Allah.

#9 nisaa

nisaa

Our Sister

• Members
  • 272 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 28 January 2005 - 04:55 PM

MASHALLAH!    MUBARAK SISTER.   biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

#10 muslima2002

muslima2002

Active Sister

• Members
  • 3,632 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 28 January 2005 - 05:04 PM

Assalamu'alaykum
WELCOME TO THE FORUM sister!!!
I hope you'll find someone to help you inshAllah

#11 rayofhope04

rayofhope04

Active Sister

• Members
  • 7,428 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 28 January 2005 - 07:18 PM

Assalamu alaikum,

MUBARAK (congrats) on your reversion!! Glory be to Allah Who has guided you to the truth, al-Islam.

May He make everything easier for you..!! biggrin.gif

And please let us know if we can help you in any way :wink:

Wassalamu alaikum

#12 jumanalulu

jumanalulu

Our Sister

• Members
  • 474 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 29 January 2005 - 07:04 PM

Assalmamu alaikum sis

WELCOME TO ISLAMWAY!!!!!!!

dont worry sis believe me ur journey to al jannah will become easier. Your not the only one without family support, there are some sisters here that also have found it difficult to tell their families about their reversions and they know exactly how u feel.  And dont worry we will be ur family. you cant believe how fast we all get close just like real sisters mashallah.

If u need help on anything dont be afraid to post up anything or to pm any of us. I will be looking forward to ur posts.

take care sis and about hijab u can always order them online! Mashallah u will become a great Muslimah inshallah.

W'salaam
ur sis
Marvat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users