7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Timaj_*

Guest_Timaj_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 19 January 2004 - 10:05 AM

Someone told me that according to this hadith  
volume 8, Book 82, Number 829 bukhari ,  it's permisible to kill out of jelousy.........
forexample if a man see's his wife talkng to onother man about anything,  gets jelous and ends up killing either his wife or the man,  then he has not committed any sin, and he should be axcused.
is this true? what is theruling on this?                    

#2 PEACE239

PEACE239

Our Sister

• Members
  • 163 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 19 January 2004 - 06:43 PM

salam
Allah alim sis you see I know that killing is not permissionable unless with a really good excuse and I dont think there is a valid excuse for killing just for a man talking with his wife but if  he thinks theres something going on .thats a differnet story :?:  :?:                    

#3 Badreya

Badreya

Active Sister

• Members
  • 11,922 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 19 January 2004 - 07:17 PM

Salam alaikum,
I am not making a fatwah, but pulling information from my head on this from what I do know.

It is not permissable to kill a wife in this case, talking to a man is not Zina however, in a fit of rage, anger, jeaolusy and insanity (temporary)she is found in the act of Zina it does happen and Islam recognises that these things do happen in the world.

A person who kills his wife in such a state..........caught in bed with another man, will not be tried in the same way as a man who just kills his wife.
He will probably spend some time in jail, but the circumstances will be taken into consideration.
The proper thing to do, if one can keep his sanity in a case like this, is find 4 witnesses and arrest the man and woman and let a Sharia'a judge try the case.
If 4 wittnesses are not found then they are to swear to Allah that they are either quilty or innocent - and that they saw what they say and swear that it is true.  (Penetration must be visably seen)
If the wife - the adulterer deny's this - although it is a great offence to swear and lie - if it is a lie - they are not executed from my knowledge. (because of the lack of wittnesess.)
Wa Allahu Allum, like I said I am not a professional on this subject.                    

#4 mariemuad

mariemuad

Administrator

• Site Admin
  • 7,699 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 19 January 2004 - 09:33 PM

Assalamu alaikum,

I am sorry but only a scholar can comment such a hadeeth so I am moving this to Islamic Rulings.

Umm Hanifa                    

#5 Guest_Timaj_*

Guest_Timaj_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 20 January 2004 - 03:04 AM

No, i'am not talking about zina.   I'am talking about, cases where a man comes home or sees his wife at a gathering......and she is talking to onother man about anything, they are not committing any kind of zina,....could be that she is answering a question that he asked.......but when her husband sees this, he gets jelous get's his knife and kills the wife and the man, or kills the man or the wife........in this kind of case,
is it acceptable in Islam, is tha man excused????
someone gave me the above hadith and told me that,,,,,,,,the hadith proves that it is not a sin to kill his wife or tha man out of jelousy.

Thank you and i appologize if i 'am upsetting anybody by asking this.

asalamualeikum....                    

#6 mariemuad

mariemuad

Administrator

• Site Admin
  • 7,699 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 20 January 2004 - 07:54 PM

Assalamu alaikum,

No Timaj you are not upsetting us (at least me  smile.gif ). But I think only a scholar can interpret such a hadeeth and this is why I moved your question here. I hope I didn't upset you smile.gif

Umm Hanifa                    

#7 Paradise_lover

Paradise_lover

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 31 January 2004 - 04:53 PM

Salam alikom

Sister would you please post the hadith as I have no access to Sahih Al-Bukhari.

Take care
Amira                    

#8 Paradise_lover

Paradise_lover

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 31 January 2004 - 04:54 PM

Salam alikom

"Honor" killings

Question: I read in the papers something that disturbs me about Islam. I read that a Muslim man in one of the Islamic countries killed his seven-year-old daughter because he suspected her of being raped. He is quoted to have said: "The motive behind the killing was to defend my honor, fame, and dignity." Is this what your religion teaches?

Answered by Sheikh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî, former professor at al-Imâm University in Riyadh

That father is guilty of murder.

The teachings of Islam should be taken from the correct sources – the Qur’ân and the Sunnah of our Prophet (peace be upon him).

There are false practices to be found in some Muslim societies are only but these are alien to the Islamic legal injunctions. Such practices cannot in any way be attributed to Islam. You should know that the Muslim scholars’ objective is to remove these unsavory regional customs and steer Muslim societies towards the true teachings of Islam.

The mistakes of Muslim people should not be attributed to Islam. You know from history that the massacres of the Native Americans and the slavery of Africans should not be attributed to Christianity, even though these atrocities were carried out by beople who called themselves Christians.

The events you have mentioned are unlawful and the one who commits such crimes is a criminal for illegally killing someone.

In Islamic Law, no one can be punished for adultery, man or woman, until it is legally confirmed that he or she did it. In case of this seven-year-old girl, she would never be punished in any case, since she was a minor.

According to Islam, it is not a simple thing to accuse someone of adultery, and even more difficult to punish someone for it. Anyone who falsely accuses someone else of adultery will receive a severe legal punishment of flogging with a whip, as he slandered another person and injured the accused person’s reputation. If this is the punishment for accusing someone else of adultery, then how could it be Islamic that a person can not only accuse someone but also kill that person on the basis of his accusation?

Legal punishments will not be applied on people who were coerced into doing things, such as being raped, neither in this life nor in the Hereafter. It is the duty of the raped victim’s family to request punishment of the rapist and not to punish their poor daughter. In fact, it is the Islamic right of the daughter on her family that they protect her, defend her, and pursue justice on her behalf.

(www.islamtoday.com)                    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users