2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ummumaryam_*

Guest_ummumaryam_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 04 December 2005 - 07:26 PM

Assalaamu alaikum,

When I buy vanilla flavouring for making cakes and biscuits, I avoid buying the essence that contains 'isopropanol alcohol' (not normally a problem here in Saudi, but read on). I make sure I buy alcohol-free liquid flavouring or failing that I use something like vanilla sugar.

What about the sweet items we buy though?? Are we unwittingly buying foods that contain alcohol? Like when you buy cakes or biscuits that contain 'vanillin' (what does that mean?!) and when you have a box of chocolates that contain 'flavourings'?

Do you buy and eat these things regardless or do you avoid them to stay on the side of caution?

Umm Maryam

#2 khadi1

khadi1

Active Sister

• Members
  • 8,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:08 PM

[align=center:0c3b2126f0]user posted image[/align:0c3b2126f0]

Dearest sis , Inshallah, you are fine and well and in good eeman.Give me a few days Inshallah to find an answer for you.  biggrin.gif
(Inshallah, it won't be too long  :wink: )

In the meantime, I am locking your post (it is easier for me this way to see at first glance who needs answer ) and I'll re-open it Inshallah once I have your answer.

#3 khadi1

khadi1

Active Sister

• Members
  • 8,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:43 PM

Assalamou aleikoum wa Rahmatoullah wa barakatou,

up
sorry dear sis, I did not forget about you.... it seems that this is an elusive fatwa  :wink:  :wink:
If i do not find anything relevant, I'll forward your question to  www.islamtoday.com

take care

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users