3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ammena_1981_*

Guest_ammena_1981_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 01 December 2003 - 06:55 AM

Assalamalikum sister,

insha allah everything is going fine in your new job, I pray that you will be able to help us just as much.

I have a question, well actually more of a situation. I am due to fly to America in a few weeks and I am due my period the day that I fly. The thing is, I usually start to bleed around mid afternoon but because I have to be at the airport early then I will not be able to pray fajr prayer, and I wont be able to make it up when I land as I will have already started to bleed. What can I do ? Shall I make this salah up after I have finished my period or what??

Jazakallah                    

#2 Paradise_lover

Paradise_lover

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 01 December 2003 - 07:43 AM

Salam alikom

Jazaki Allaho Khairan for understanding sister Zeink. biggrin.gif

Take care
Amira                    

#3 Paradise_lover

Paradise_lover

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 01 December 2003 - 09:05 AM

Salam alikom

Can't you pray in the airport?

Question :

It may so happen during a long journey that some travellers fall asleep in their seats and may experience wet dreams, or a traveller may board the plane having forgotten that he is in a state of janaabah, or a woman may become pure from her period or post-natal bleeding when the time for Fajr prayer begins. The plane will not reach the other country until after that time is over, and the safety regulations on board the plane absolutely forbid taking a bath in the washroom because the facilities are not suited for that. What should one do?

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

If it is possible to do tayammum using the furnishings of the airplane, then you should do so. If that is not possible because they are free from dust, then you should pray even if you are not taahir, then as soon as you are able to purify yourself after that, then do so.  

I’laam al-Musaafireen bi Ba’d Aadaab wa Ahkaam al-Safar wa ma yakhuss al-Mallaaheen al-Jawwiyyeen by Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen, p. 13  (www.islam-qa.com)                    

#4 Paradise_lover

Paradise_lover

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 01 December 2003 - 09:05 AM

Salam alikom

Prayer of a menstruating woman

Question: While I was praying, my menses began. What should I do? Do I make up the prayers of the time of my menses?

Response: If the menses come after the beginning of a time for prayer, for example, if you receive your menses a half an hour after high noon, then you must make up that prayer after your bleeding has ended since when its time began you were in a state of purity. This is based on Allaah's statement, "Verily, the prayer is enjoined upon the believers at fixed hours" (an-Nisaa. 103). Do not make up the prayers you missed while menstruating. This is based on the lengthy hadeeth in which the Prophet (sal-Allaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam) said, "Is it not the case that when you menstruate, you do not pray or fast?" There is a consensus of the scholars that the prayers missed during menstruation are not to be made up. However, if she becomes pure [the bleeding stops] and she has enough time to pray one rak'ah or more of a prayer, then she must pray the prayer of that time in which she became pure. This is based on the hadeeth of the Messenger of Allaah (sal-Allaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam) "Whoever catches one rak'ah of the ‘Asr Prayer before sunset has caught the ‘Asr Prayer." If the woman becomes pure during the time of ‘Asr or before sunrise and there is enough time before sunset or sunrise to pray one rak'ah, then she prays ‘Asr in the former case and Fajr in the latter case.

Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen
Fataawa al-Mar.ah
Source:www.fatwa-online.com                    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users