18 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ammena_1981_*

Guest_ammena_1981_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 14 January 2004 - 12:09 PM

Assalamalikum sisters.

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of a halal cosmetic shop. Everything I seem to pick up lately has alcohol in it  :x  Im vegetarian, so I have things with no animal products in them, but cant seem to get away from this alcohol, even from the Body Shop.

Can any1 help??? my skin will soon be torn off the way its going  sad.gif

Fi Amenallah

#2 IslamIsTheSolution

IslamIsTheSolution

Our Sister

• Members
  • 709 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 15 January 2004 - 11:48 PM

Bismilla Ir Rahman Ir Raheem

As Salamu Alekom Wa Rahmatu Allah Wa Baraktu sis here are some sites I gatherd for you inshaAllah this will work for you sis

http://sisters.islamway.com/phpBB2/index.php

:cry:  This is all I could find.. If I run into anything else I will post it inshaAllah

Fee Aman Allah
Your sister in Islam biggrin.gif

#3 fathma

fathma

Our Sister

• Members
  • 939 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 16 January 2004 - 07:14 PM

assallamu alaikum sister.,

i was wondering if you have tried looking in your local muslim store? they usally do a range of beauty products...but if you are looking for make-up have you tried the boots 'natural range'? i'm not sure if they have no alcohol in but it might be wortha look also maybe the range 17 but again i'm not to sure.  
hope that helps...

Allahfiz

#4 fathma

fathma

Our Sister

• Members
  • 939 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 16 January 2004 - 08:19 PM

biggrin.gif assallamu alaikum sister,
i just looked on the internet and found a really good site,

www.heavenscent fragrance.com and it has plenty of different beauty products ...

allahfiz

#5 Guest_ammena_1981_*

Guest_ammena_1981_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 21 January 2004 - 11:31 AM

Thanks for the replies sisters,

however both links dont seem to work  :cry: the first link sends me straight back to the home page of the forum. inshallah you can sort this out. Shukran

Fi Amenallah

#6 fathma

fathma

Our Sister

• Members
  • 939 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 21 January 2004 - 12:43 PM

assallamu alaikum sister,

here is the link again,.
[[url]u]  ]http://www.heavenscent.com
I hope this works,

Sallam ..

#7 Guest_ammena_1981_*

Guest_ammena_1981_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 21 January 2004 - 03:56 PM

Salam sis,

shukran for trying to figure it out, but it seems that its still not working. as in you click it and the page displayed says cannot display page

fi amenallah

#8 fathma

fathma

Our Sister

• Members
  • 939 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 21 January 2004 - 04:13 PM

assallamu alaikum sister,
sad.gif
I don't really know what to do now.....I'm not very good with computers!,
Maybe when you are on the internet you can type the address in the search box and it should bring you to the page that way,.

But please try and find this site as it has PLENTY of very good products ...
I'm sorry I can't do the link Maybe there is another sister who can help with this,.???

If you are still stuck after this let me know
Allahfiz

#9 shining_lights

shining_lights

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,781 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 21 January 2004 - 06:16 PM

[i]Asalaam Alaikum Sister-

Sister have you tried "holland and baratts" tht healthfood store-they sell creams and lotions aswell so you can always have a look.

:arrow: Sister Fathma-was this the website you mentioned?

http://www.heavenscentoils.net/Personal_Ca...re_Products.htm
biggrin.gif

#10 shining_lights

shining_lights

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,781 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 21 January 2004 - 06:20 PM

[i]Asalaam Alaikum Sister.

biggrin.gif Me again-Have you heard of the brand "Neutrogena" well i am sure tht they sell  alcohol-free skincare-
check in Boots/local chemist.

#11 fathma

fathma

Our Sister

• Members
  • 939 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 21 January 2004 - 06:23 PM

sallam sisters,

i will try tonight inshallah to find the page...it has lots of islamic goodss like blackseed soap and egyptian musk products.....
my baby won't even let me think!!!! so i will try later IF she sleeps longer than 5mins!!!!!
sallam

#12 Guest_ammena_1981_*

Guest_ammena_1981_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 21 January 2004 - 08:59 PM

jazakallah sis shining lights, Ill try that after i finish my exams and have time for shopping. Hee hee laugh.gif

fi amenallah

#13 Guest_ammena_1981_*

Guest_ammena_1981_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 30 January 2004 - 03:48 PM

[quote=shining_lights][i]Have you heard of the brand "Neutrogena" well i am sure tht they sell  alcohol-free skincare-
check in Boots/local chemist.

Salam sisters,

i tried boots and some neutrogena products still contain alcohol, although i found some moisturising milk, I just wonder if its the same..... hmmm

shukran

#14 shining_lights

shining_lights

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,781 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 30 January 2004 - 07:53 PM

[i]Asalaam Alaikum Sister-

Oh sister I read somewhere tht neutrogena do alcohol free
skincare. :?

I think if you cant find anything check at beauty counters-ask the sales assistants to help they are usually quite helpful smile.gif

I read this on the iv village site....
:arrow: Clarins Multi-Active Day Cream; £29.50/50ml. This product was fantastic - not too
greasy, but creamy enough to hydrate my thirsty skin. It's alcohol-free and is one of the few products I can use because I have eczema. I applied it once in the morning and it lasted all day.[/color]

#15 americannegypt

americannegypt

Active Sister

• Members
  • 6,166 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 30 January 2004 - 11:24 PM

deleted

#16 Guest_ammena_1981_*

Guest_ammena_1981_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 30 January 2004 - 11:40 PM

Salam sisters,

just wanted to say thankyou, sis Lena... as soon as the PMs are up and running Ill send you a list of things that I would like inshallah.

Jazakallah

#17 americannegypt

americannegypt

Active Sister

• Members
  • 6,166 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 30 January 2004 - 11:42 PM

sallam sis no prob hope that this will help inshallah love lena

#18 Guest_Ameena_Kuddah_*

Guest_Ameena_Kuddah_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 31 January 2004 - 06:12 AM

Assalam Alaikom Sisters....

I have a recipe for a facial scrub that you can make at home and it takes little time to do it. I have used it for a number of years and it works well, granted you can buy it at stores but when you make this at home it has no chemicals or anything that will harm your skin.

To make it you only need oatmeal and salt as well as I normally use a baby cloth to put it in and then scrunch it together and dampen then wash the face with it. It works well for me, you can also use a stocking.

It leaves my face usually with a healthy glow as well as having gotten all the dirt out of the pores. If anyone tries it let me know how it works for you. I think I also have some other home remedie tricks that help with the skin care problems that most of us women worry about.
Inshallah it helps.

Assalam Alaikom Sisters

#19 Sister_Nadira

Sister_Nadira

Our Sister

• Members
  • 374 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 02 February 2004 - 04:57 AM

Assalamu Aleikum:

To exfoliate my skin, I just wet my face very well and then with a wet cloth, gently rub it over my skin. I have combination skin, both oily and dry, plus sensitive skin, so this works well for me. You should see the dead skin that I otherwise wouldn't even had known I had. Ugh!!!

Is vitamin E oil acceptable? I hate to say it, but I don't even know what exactly it's made from.  :oops:  I use that around my eyes, because I am soon hitting 30 and seeing the fine lines around my eyes. Sometimes I even put vitamin E on my eyelashes and it seems to make my eyelashes look nicer when I wear mascara. Please tell me vitamin E oil is ok! heh

What about halal lipstick, eyeliner and mascara? I don't go overboard but I do like to wear a bit of gloss or chapstick, and some eye makeup (my eyelashes are very sparse and I find I look washed out without a bit of eye makeup on. People at work always ask me if I'm sick when I'm not wearing makeup because I look so washed out. It drives me nuts. heh)

Thank you, dear sisters! biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users