1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_ammena_1981_*

Guest_ammena_1981_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 18 August 2003 - 10:10 AM

Salam sisters,

I was just wondering if you could help me. I try to keep as active as I can here in England, I enjoy many things including reading about Islam and its many beautiful things.

I was just wondering about the topic of horse riding. It was advised to me by another sister to try the question here. I hope it is not inappropriate :oops:  

Anyway, I was hoping there is some hadith or verse in the Qur'an about it. I have been told that the prophet (pbuh) used to ride horses, although I dont know if this is true. It was mainly in respect to the clothes you wear when on the horse.

I have been riding properly for about 6 years now, and I love to be outside with the horses, its just that now I feel uncomfortable in the clothes I wear. I have been thinking about wearing loose clothes over everything but dont know if this will be enough.

Please help
Assalamalikum                    

#2 muslimsister

muslimsister

Active Sister

• Members
  • 5,197 posts

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 18 August 2003 - 11:46 AM

Wa alaikum sister,
It is not at all inappropriate to ask the question here.  biggrin.gif
This fatwa show that the Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah rode horses. As for you, nothing forbids Muslim women from riding a horse, or any other animal as long as we keep our decency and modesty according to the rules of Islam.  You are not yet Muslim, but once you are, God willing, you will wear an outer garmet that is loose and long.

Question:

What are the animals which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to ride?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.  
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) rode horses, camels, mules and donkeys. He rode horses both saddled and bareback, and he used to make them gallop them on occasion. He used to ride alone, which was most of the time, but sometimes he would put someone behind him on the camel, or he would put one person behind him and one in front, so there would be three men on one camel. So he would sometimes let some men ride on his camel with him, and on some occasions he let his wives ride with him. The animals which he rode most often were horses and camels. With regard to mules, it is known that he had one mule which was given to him as a gift by one of the kings. Mules were not well known in the land of the Arabs, and when he was given a mule, it was asked, “Why do we not mate horses with donkeys?” He said, “That is only done by those who do not know.”

(Narrated by Abu Dawood, 2565; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 2236)

See Zaad al-Ma’aad, 1/159. (www.islam-qa.com)                    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users