12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_musaafirah_*

Guest_musaafirah_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:31 AM

Asalaamu Alaykum,

Any advice sisters? I am so nauseas these days all day and I have no appetite and no desire to eat whatsoever (especially not eggs, which are disgusting, vile things at the moment). Dh has forced me to eat a bit here and there but I haven't even been able to have a complete meal all week. I don't even want to walk into the kitchen or think about food, and its a heavy task to venture in there just to wash dishes. At the moment, I am about 10 minutes away from warming some food up for dh and conking myself out on the bed huh.gif.

Right now, the only thing I can even think of eating is a bag of movie theatre popcorn smothered in butter. Then again, I'm sure that'd probably make me sick after I ate it.

Edited by musaafirah, 03 February 2009 - 01:32 AM.

#2 Aleesa

Aleesa

Our Sister

• Validating
  • 351 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:45 AM

Assalamu alaykum

Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but are you pregnant sister?  Sounds possible from what you are describing.
Don't really have any advice though - maybe just some saltine crackers or toast, and some gingerale or something light that might stay down.
I hope you are able to find something.

#3 MotherDove

MotherDove

Active Sister

• Members
  • 3,115 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:42 AM

Assalaamu alaykum

Have you tried ginger like sister Aleesa mentioned? Crystallised ones from the health shop or ginger tea perhaps? It helps some with the nausea. I usually suck on peppermint sweets alot whenever I'm feeling this way. And I only eat when I feel I can, and it's never rich food just something light.

InshaAllah it'll pass and later on you'll be nibbling all day long!!! biggrin.gif

MotherDove

#4 americannegypt

americannegypt

Active Sister

• Members
  • 6,166 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:13 AM

salam alkoium sis i hope that u feel better soon inshallah. are u acutally vomitting or is it a feeling? if u are vomitting please make sure ur drinking a lot of liqiuds so u dont get dehydrated inshallah. i used cloves what i would do is boil water and put about 10-15 of them in my cup. i would then let it sit for a few mintues and drink it, u can use sugar, but i didnt cause of my diabetes..

#5 Lovin_Niqaab

Lovin_Niqaab

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,001 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:29 AM

Assalamualakum,

Musaafirah, is it possible your pregnant??? biggrin.gif smile.gif I hope I didn't miss the announcement somewhere...

#6 verse

verse

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,115 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:22 AM

Asalaamu'Alaykum,

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Could it be??????????

So very reminiscent of my thread about nausea in which I revealed I was pregnant icon_mrgreen.gif

#7 rmuslima

rmuslima

Our Sister

• Members
  • 192 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:29 PM

assalamu alaikum
sister the same thing happened to me when i was pregnant i thought it would never go
jsut the smell of food used to make me feel soooo sick
and i love food i mean i really LOVE FOOD
   if ur pregnant hang in there it will be gone inshaAllah by the fourth month ,
   i used to buy fresh ginger and grate it in boiled water and let it iset for ten minutes then drink it
masha Allah it helped me allllllloott  
   i used to make popcorn, i ate so much lol
  also try peeling a lemon and adding salt  
that helped me heaps , i do not know if u can stomach it though; i could cause i am a lemon eater i love em
     hhhmmm what else, and yes let someone else cook for u , it is so much easier to eat the food that way
and try to get in some protiens, just grill the meat with some salad , i found was easy to stomach
   and if ur preggy dont worry u will gain all the wieght back later insha Allah
trust me  tongue.gif
  i cannot stop eating now  sad.gif
  and yes also , walks in fresh air with dh are helpful
    i hope i have helped
ur sis
um fatima

#8 Lovin_Niqaab

Lovin_Niqaab

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,001 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:19 PM

Assalamualakum,

Check out her new signature girls! Alf Mubrouk Musaafirah! Mashallah Tabarak Allah! biggrin.gif smile.gif May Allah bless you with a healthy and pious child!

#9 marshmallow

marshmallow

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,732 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:11 PM

assalamu alaykum,

in my early days in this pregnancy i was stressed out and in saudi. everything made me sick and i used to make froggy nioses constantly because of a slight smell, food, any thing i saw that was dirty, etc. I could only eat doritos with yogart, and that lasted for 3 months!!! (no i didnt loose any wieght!) This is one of the joys of being pregnant, welcome to the club. Now i am only 6 weeks to go, and the sickness has subsided, alhamdulilah, but the tears are in full force, and the pains and the sleeplessness, and the cant eat anymore feeling, etc. You have so much time to enjoy these pregnancy feelings.

salams sarah

#10 sakeenah34

sakeenah34

Active Sister

• Members
  • 3,412 posts
  • Interests:Reading Quran and beneficial books of knowledge, cooking, taking care of my children,

غير متواجدة

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:49 PM

Assalamu Alaikum:

Peppermint tea is good for nausea. Try to munch on some crackers and eat small meals throughout the day. Mabrook dear sister!

#11 americannegypt

americannegypt

Active Sister

• Members
  • 6,166 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:28 PM

salam alkoium sis marshmellow, ur preggers too? laugh.gif  just confirm it before i look like a nutter lol( but a huge mubrook mashallah just in case u are) u know im good at not understanding posts sometimes

#12 Jihaad_06

Jihaad_06

Our Sister

• Members
  • 452 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:52 PM

Assalamu alaykum dear sister musaafirah,

Mashallah sister, what a GREAT news!!!!MABROOK, I'm sooo happy for you. May Allah SWT give you a healthy pregnancy inshallah.

All my best wishes....

Salam,
~~Safae~~

#13 xnermeenx

xnermeenx

Our Sister

• Members
  • 100 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:14 AM

salam sis:)

If you're pregnant gingerale is good- some use the seasick bands you can get from ebay, ginger in general is good if you don't like soda:)

If you're not pregnant, might be a flu or stomach virus, i'd get that checked out soon, might turn into a fever.

Salam alyom
Nermeen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users