3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DJ_*

Guest_DJ_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 02 November 2008 - 04:09 PM

As Salaam Alaykum,

I was surfing the internet for some sewing ideas and I came across this site which offers online sewing lessons.  I did not do one, so I do not know if they are worth the money or not but it looks interesting.

http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/se...lasses/index.pl

There is a sample lesson there and I looked at it.  It is very accurate and easy to understand.  There are interactive chats available too, so you can ask questions if you need help.  This might be an option for sisters who have limited time or find it difficult to go somewhere for lessons.

There was one class, I just might do on making a duplicate of your favorite pair of jeans or pants.  I have copies clothing and I am sure the basics are the same, but I never attempted jeans.  They offer basic sewing classes also and beginner ones.

Thought this might be interesting.

Amani

#2 Aleesa

Aleesa

Our Sister

• Validating
  • 351 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:32 PM

Assalamu alaykum

Thanks for posting this link sister.  The classes won't be useful for me but I am loving the link they have to all the pattern books.  Very helpful.
Jazak Allah khair.
smile.gif

#3 khadi1

khadi1

Active Sister

• Members
  • 8,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:33 PM

Assalamou aleikoum wa rahmatoullah wa barakatou

oh  120.gif  120.gif  120.gif  wonderful... two years ago , my dear husband bought me a sewing machine . It is a 'Victoria'' make..
I nagged him  to buy me one... blush.gif  icon_mrgreen.gif  laugh.gif  the problem, is that I have not used it since i got it because i do not know nothing about sewing and i do not know how to thread it (I think i asked here by the way how to do it). So, it is gathering dust and none of the sisters who are passing my way know it either  cool.gif  cool.gif . I tried it once though and i mess up the threading that was there, because when i put a sample cloth to sew, i forgot that your hand is only a guide and not there to hold the fabric back  wacko.gif

Barakallahu feekee my dear DJ. Inshallah, you are fine  wub.gif   wub.gif  wub.gif  wub.gif  wub.gif  you really made my evening !!!  wub.gif

#4 ~MissKitty~

~MissKitty~

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,965 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:19 PM

Salam alaikum,

Hmmm....seems interesting.
Khadi, I remember when you got your sewing machine. Inshallah the link will help you out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users