5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_musaafirah_*

Guest_musaafirah_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:34 PM

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Since I moved to the state I am currently in, my hair has been falling out a lot and as time goes by more and more. I think its probably due to the water because when I went to another state for a while with 'softer' water, my hair became really healthy, shiny, and soft again. Now my hair is seriously damaged and so dry, rough, and dull which it has never been before I moved here. And I am starting to worry about the amount of hair I am losing. If I put my hands through my hair, a lot comes out, if I brush it, I'll get like a wad of hair, and when I shower, so much hair comes out that it clogs the drain completely. I am married now so I really wish my hair would be as pretty as it was before and my husband could touch it and play with it without me losing hair or it being too dry and tangled up for him to brush; I would really like it to be back how it was, and now I am becoming seriously freaked out over the amount of hair I am losing. Any suggestions?

#2 MissPink

MissPink

Active Sister

• Members
  • 6,057 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:44 PM

Assalamu alaikom

I have no idea really because I've never heard that water can make your hair fall out.  When I researched it a couple of months ago, the main reasons are vitamin/nutrient deficiency, stress, thyroid/other disorder, or other medical issue.  

I had my thyroid checked (all was fine, alhamdullah), and I've made sure to have iron and other vitamins.  I was going through some stress, so that could be it.  Water can affect it on the outside, but not from the inside I don't think.

#3 americannegypt

americannegypt

Active Sister

• Members
  • 6,166 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:51 PM

salam alkoium, i know when i move to london, from the states the water is differ over here...... but my hair improved... but i started to lose a lot of hair, and come to find out my thyroid is underactive. inshallah its nothing to be worried about, but just check ur blood to make sure u didnt have the same as me...

#4 Guest_musaafirah_*

Guest_musaafirah_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:14 PM

Asalaamu Alaykum,

JazakhiAllahu Khayr sis. I did do blood tests for something else but they checked iron, thyroid...etc and everything came back normal.

#5 sweet meadow

sweet meadow

Our Sister

• Members
  • 42 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:46 AM

Salam sister

i can understand whta you are going thru as my hair has been faling out for two years and reduced by at least one third, truly its depressing but you could try and eat vitamins every day, wash your hair with yoghurt or try using the black seed oil. Our prophet pbuh said `it is the cure for every illness except death`

#6 marshmallow

marshmallow

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,732 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:19 PM

Assalamu alaykum,

the water everywhere is becoming inferior, as they put so many chemicals in it to enable us to use it. Chlorine is over used, and causes hair loss. I have visited a herbal doctor, who gave me some oil infusion that i should rub into my scalp 3 times a week. And some herbally shampoo, which reading the ingrediants looks like any other shampoo, but, probably has less horrible chemicals, and more nice ones (more expensive?). Try changing your shampoo, and take vitamin tablets. If you are loaded with cash you could wash your hair with bottled water for awhile to see if it makes any difference.

salams sarah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users