Our Sister

• Members
  • 427 posts

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:24 PM

Salaam

Uh oh, Im sensing a debattte pretty soon lol

Ive never done that before, but I've heard that if your not careful, you can blind yourself. So be careful smile.gif

♥ Bintbaba ♥

#3 Guest_Samiraaa_*

Guest_Samiraaa_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:27 PM

Salaam aleikoum,
lol its not haraam I think.. so bummer no debate today tongue.gif look at this. http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=4610&...mp;txt=eyebrows
Lots of love,
Samira tongue.gif

#4 BintBaba

BintBaba

Our Sister

• Members
  • 427 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:31 PM

Salaam

Well in that case, Go for it!! hehe.

#5 Guest_Samiraaa_*

Guest_Samiraaa_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:35 PM

Salaam aleikoum,
LOL I'll go for it...bit I hope it doesnt go in my eyes lol tongue.gif TiPs R WeLCoME nature-smiley-003.gif
Lots of love,
Samira

#6 Babydoll

Babydoll

Our Sister

• Members
  • 161 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:08 PM

Assalaam alaikum,

What colour are you going to dye them? If you are doing it yourself make sure the solution is not so runny its more of a thicker consistency so it doesn't run. Also I think its better to use a cotton bud to apply, and depending on which colour its better to take it off and see how the colour is progressing that way if you haven't reached the right colour you can always re-apply again.  smile.gif

#7 bobbi_fatima

bobbi_fatima

Our Sister

• Members
  • 254 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:14 PM

salam,

i dont understand, do u mean dying the hair or the actual eyebrow without dying ur hair, or because u dyied ur hair and now want ur eyebrows to match? lol sorry if i sound dumb or rude jus a bit confused lol

#8 Guest_Samiraaa_*

Guest_Samiraaa_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:18 PM

Salaam aleikoum,
Im so not experienced about  this all so dunno. I just wanted to dye it so it looks like its plucket but it isnt. Sounds stupid huh? unsure.gif I will buy the dye on monday I think...and I dont know how thick it would be unsure.gif

#9 Razanne

Razanne

Our Sister

• Members
  • 293 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:18 PM

Asalamu Alaikum,

R u gonna really do it?   I'm not brave enough to dye my hair,let alone my eyebrows.  Insha-Allah the color u choose will come out nice. Keep us posted on how it went.

Wasalam smile.gif

#10 Guest_Samiraaa_*

Guest_Samiraaa_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:22 PM

Salaam aleikoum,
lol if it doesnt work out..I'll just pull my hijab all the way over my eyebrows xp. Btw do u guy understand what i mean? So u know what people pluck..i wanna dye blond or some color that matches my skin. And leave the rest the normal color unsure.gif

#11 bobbi_fatima

bobbi_fatima

Our Sister

• Members
  • 254 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:31 PM

ohh ok, i think i know what you mean, your bleaching your eyebrows, i'v never thought of doing that before, (although i have been tempted to pluck mine at times cos most of my friends do it, they hav diffrence of opinions on plucking, i just keep out of it!) Im with sister razzanne, i'v never had the guts to colour my hair, im scared of having an allergic reaction. Hope it comes out well sis

ma salama

#12 Babydoll

Babydoll

Our Sister

• Members
  • 161 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:34 PM

Assalaam alaikum,

I can see now what you want to do, do you think you should? Please be extra careful as you don't want to make a mess of your eyebrows. smile.gif

Edited by Babydoll, 16 February 2008 - 10:35 PM.

#13 Guest_Samiraaa_*

Guest_Samiraaa_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:43 PM

Salaam aleikoum,
I've dyed my hair once ...kinda blondish. Wasnt ugly tongue.gif got sick of it and put henna on it. That color rocked! Anyway...well yeah I wanna try it unsure.gif . I think sis Mariya did that 2. I also hope it works well lol. Can already hear my brothers's comments wacko.gif lol
Lots of love,
Samira

#14 khadi1

khadi1

Active Sister

• Members
  • 8,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:22 AM

Assalamou aleikoum wa rahmatoullah wa barakatou

A tip, well, actually 2 : wink.gif

1) First of all, before doing it, define your eyebrows and how you would like them with a pencil khol of your chosen colour, stand back and see if you will like it. Of course, khol pencil does not give the same result as the dye, as it is softer (and if you make a mess, easier to take out)

2) Use the smallest cake mascara brush that you can find. It gives the best result (I am not sure if the dye you'll buy comes with a brush, but a cake mascara brush is best, in my opinion)

3) A must, must, must, must  laugh.gif  with a cotton bud, apply vaseline on your eyelids and above and right under your brow. Any dye that goes on there will be easy to clean up as it cannot cling to vaseline,

The same, girls, when you die your hair. Rub vaseline on your hairlines and the base of your neck... the hair dye will have no grip there and you will wash it out faster than you can say this famous very british expression ''bob's your uncle''. But of course , in french we would say ''Et Voila!!!''.

sorry little sis, after all , it was 3 tips  Copy of grinning-smiley-039.gif

Have fun !!!!

#15 Barbara

Barbara

Active Sister

• Members
  • 3,843 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:48 AM

Assalam'alaikum,

Personaly, I don't think it would look nice at all.  Why?  Because you may create the illusion of plucked eyebrows for those seeing you from afar.  But anyone who will get closer to you will notice immediatly.  If I saw a woman with two colors eyebrows, I would find this pretty weird, to say the least.  Natural is the way to go.

Barbara

#16 khadi1

khadi1

Active Sister

• Members
  • 8,066 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:05 AM

Re-assalamou aleikoum

and, to second sis Barbara, instead of dying it, you could buy a clear mascara and ''tape'' your eyebrows into place by just brushing a bit of invisible mascara onto them. Not to much though....

#17 ~MissKitty~

~MissKitty~

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,965 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:16 AM

Salam alaikum

I am also going to have to say that I don't think it will look good...two colored eyebrows,....hmmm....unless it's really really bleach blonde, well....even then...I don't know..please think about it one more time before doing it!

Now, Samiraa, what is that in your signiture????  huh.gif  confused-smiley-012.gif  blink.gif That's some weird thing!  126.gif

#18 UmmYahya85

UmmYahya85

Our Sister

• Members
  • 228 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:36 AM

Assalamu Allaikum

My sister used to bleach some parts of her eyebrows...like the sisters said...from far she looked great but when you got near you could definetly tell that it was bleached...looked pretty weird. But you could still try it....bleaching doesnt last for very long and you would know how it looks on you, Inshallah.

Take Care
Masalama

#19 BintCameron21

BintCameron21

Our Sister

• Members
  • 912 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:37 AM

Asalamu alaykum,

I have a roomie who is Saudi and dyes her eyebrows, mashaAllah you cannot tell AT ALL. It took me forever to actually get it. It looks awesome, mashaAllah, nicely shaped. Her complexion (deep tan) is perfect for the color, so unless you are on extreme close up, like HDTV style lol, you pretty much can't tell. I'm sure sis Samira will get it right inshaAllah.

nadia

Edited by N.A., 17 February 2008 - 09:56 PM.

#20 ~MissKitty~

~MissKitty~

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,965 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 17 February 2008 - 06:31 AM

Salam alaikum,

Hmmmm...wouldn't you have to do it constantly though, as each new eyebrow hair grows?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users