10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ebelios_*

Guest_ebelios_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 20 July 2004 - 06:01 AM

asalamu alaikum
am 17 and in ny with my husband. dont have anybody to talk to while he is at work.  have only been here for 2 months.  i came from a small town down south in georgia.  there is only a handful of muslims there, of whom i was not acquainted with, so my husband is the only other muslim i ever knew.  ( i spoke with a few muslims that i crossed in town but that was only briefly and very seldom)  i would like to be able to chat with nice sisters.    
i apologize for the akwardness of this post,  i am kind of shy and not good at this kind of thing
                                     -ebelios

#2 Nejwa

Nejwa

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,803 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 20 July 2004 - 07:09 AM

Salaam Aliekum!

Welcome this forum.Don`t worry about you shyness smile.gif .When you be older you grow the shyness away(some of it) :wink: .I can say so to you because I was very shy when I was in you age and now I`m better. If you go to the mosque you meet women there and try then to say hallo to them and then they talk to you.That was my little advice and when you become more sure in you new role that shyness go little away too.I`m too from a small town in Sweden but now I live in Norway in the capital.You be used to it.Here I`m babbel away sorry about that :oops: Anyway here you have alot of Sisters you can talk to.I look forward to see you posts smile.gif

Nejwa smile.gif

#3 sarah_anisah

sarah_anisah

Active Sister

• Members
  • 4,408 posts
  • Interests:Islam, my children

غير متواجدة

Posted 20 July 2004 - 07:51 AM

Assalamu Alaikum
WELCOME little sister  :wink:

Sister Nejwa is right that the shyness lessens with age to some extent.... the experience of life can make you gain in confidence  :wink:

Does your husband have any married Muslim friends who he could perhaps introduce you to their wives??

In the meantime InshaAllah we will become your firm friends and united as sisters in Islam, Alhamdilullah!

Allah Hafiz
Sarah

#4 IslamIsTheSolution

IslamIsTheSolution

Our Sister

• Members
  • 709 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 20 July 2004 - 12:14 PM

Alhamduli'Allahi Rabbil-'Aalameen wa-Salaatu wa-Salaamu 'alaa Ashrafil-Anbiyaa-e-wal-Mursaleen, wa ba'd

As-salaamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

I just want to welcome you , you will love it here and inshaAllah you will find a nice cozy spot and start posting. Welcome again sister

#5 Nivea

Nivea

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,465 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 20 July 2004 - 01:35 PM

Salaam Aliekum Dear Sister ebelios,

[size=24][b]WELCOME
user posted image
InshaAllah you will make many friends here!!!!   We welcome you with open arms!
user posted image
Not to worry about being shy Sis as this is certainly a virtue, MashAllah~~ and you have LOTS of company (meself included :oops:  biggrin.gif ), MashAllah.  
user posted image
Pull up a chair, grab your cuppa coffee (or tea, whichever you prefer :wink: ) and enjoy your time here with us!   Look forward to getting to know you, InshaAllah.
user posted image
user posted image

Hugz,
Nivea

#6 swsis570

swsis570

Our Sister

• Members
  • 331 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 20 July 2004 - 06:14 PM

As-salaam Alaikum sister Ebelios!  Welcome! This is the best place MashaAllah for you to learn about Islam and get the support you need as a new Muslim!!  I look forward to hearing more from you!
swsis570

#7 muslima2002

muslima2002

Active Sister

• Members
  • 3,632 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 21 July 2004 - 03:53 AM

Assalamu'alaykum
Welcome to this forum. I hope you'll enjoy it here smile.gif

#8 searching

searching

Our Sister

• Members
  • 243 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 21 July 2004 - 09:10 PM

Salam Alaikum

Just wanted to welcome you.

May Allah guide us all.

Penny

#9 ninaelias

ninaelias

Our Sister

• Members
  • 9 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 22 July 2004 - 12:34 AM

I just wanted to say welcome and to let you know about weekly Sister's Classes that are held in NY.  I'm in Brooklyn and I attend a class at the Islamic Center Of New York/96th Street Masjid (1711 3rd Avenue).  It takes place on Sunday between 2:00-3:30 pm.  It's a great way to meet Sisters and learn more about Islam.  

You didn't mention where you were located in NY but classes are also being offered in Queens and Brooklyn.  If you would like more information about those classes please feel free to pm me.  

I'm a stay-at-home mom, so I'm available (during naps) if you would like to instant message me during the day.  

Nicole

#10 qalbon-taher

qalbon-taher

Our Sister

• Members
  • 1,508 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 24 July 2004 - 03:25 AM

[size=24]Talk to me, and I'll talk to you  biggrin.gif  :wink:

#11 Yumna

Yumna

Our Sister

• Members
  • 31 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 24 July 2004 - 09:53 AM

Asalaamu alaikum

hey sister!

Its cool to be shy believe me cos when you're a blabber mouth like- yours truly- you're told to pipe down and what not! lol  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

If you ever need to chat pm me or mail me (yumnapatel@yahoo.com) I'll be too happy to reply

ta ta
wasalaam
Yumna

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users