7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_naz14_*

Guest_naz14_*
  • Guests

غير متواجدة

نقاط الإعجاب: 0

Posted 15 September 2007 - 09:36 PM

asalamu alaikum

i just wanted to ask if there is anything a person take if they have a poor digestion. i heard onions are good for the digestion system, but im not really an onion person rolleyes.gif

i dont mean to be too explicit or anything, but everytime i have a quite a big meal (rice especially), i have to empty me bowels about half an hour later. this happens sometimes though.
has it got something to do with me digestion?/

#2 Lilac

Lilac

Our Sister

• Members
  • 330 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 15 September 2007 - 09:58 PM

Assalamu Alaikum,

The best thing you can do to enhance your digestion is to increase the fibre in your food.  Good sources for this are:

wholegrain bread, brown rice, pasta, oats, beans, peas, lentils, grains, seeds, fruit and vegetables.

Other things you can do is to chew your food well, eat smaller prtions rather than big meals, drink plenty of water, orange juice and exercise.

Lilac

#3 fragrant

fragrant

Active Sister

• Members
  • 4,084 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:13 AM

Salam,

Sister Lilac has give good suggestion.

I dont understand about the emptying your bowels tho- wht is wrong with that?  blink.gif If you can empty your bowels after you eat, that is good. And if you can empty your bowels, doesnt sound to me like you are having a digestion problem.

But to answer your question, mint do help alot with digestion. If you can drink mint tea, would be even better  smile.gif

#4 hopyawe

hopyawe

Our Sister

• Members
  • 93 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 30 September 2007 - 02:46 AM

assalam alikom,

ginger is great for digestion and so is green tea.  You can buy natural ginger tea or green ginger tea and have it after you eat.  Or if you have a juicer you can always add some ginger to your juices.  

For metabolism, blueberries, grapefruit and exercize will boost your metabolism, and especially a nice brisk walk after meals is a great idea too.  lots of h2o also

if you need to clean out your stomach your fasting should help that, but also ginger, grapefruit, lemon and lots of h2o will help tp clean out your stomach too.

hope that helps!

kim

#5 Noor_KSA

Noor_KSA

Our Sister

• Members
  • 199 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 06 October 2007 - 11:20 AM

Assalaamu alaikum,

I think it's fine if you have to go to the bathroom after eating.  Isn't that normal?  You have to make room in your intestines for the new food to pass through the digestive system, right?  I mean, I don't know much about it scientifically, but it makes sense that you have to make room for more waste to fit inside the intestines.  

Sometimes I have to go to the bathroom after eating, not all the time, but sometimes.  I really think this happens to everyone, cuz I've seen a lot of ppl going to the bathroom about 30 min after eating a big meal.

#6 Humble_Muslimah

Humble_Muslimah

Our Sister

• Members
  • 379 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 06 October 2007 - 12:26 PM

salams sisters
if u want sumthing commercial try activia if ure in uk i took these after my gall bladder removal anfd  it stopped all complaints i had
or if u want summet more natural try a banana daily
wasalam

#7 americansis26

americansis26

Our Sister

• Banned
  • 2,822 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 06 October 2007 - 04:07 PM

Salams SIs

Using the bathroom after a meal is not out of the norm. BUT when you use the bathroom and you seem to pass undigested food almost in the whole form (lettuce, mushrooms, chicken, cheese ect) it may be the start of IBS. Irritable Bowl Syndrome. I know its gross to look in the toilet after you go but just look and make note.

I know its yucky but it is something to be concerned abt.

Sis

#8 marshmallow

marshmallow

Our Sister

• Members
  • 2,732 posts

غير متواجدة

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:35 PM

Assalamu alaykum,

Yogart is really good for intestinal problems, but make sure it is the one with live cultures, and eat enough of it, not just one measly spoon. Also water melon is brilliant as it has the water content to flush and the seeds to scrape!!! (sorry to be explicit here). Thats my only advice, other than  dont eat from restuarants, fast food especially, and try to eat more fresh stuff, if it makes a difference you know its just the food and not you.

salams sarah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users